Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

update its F**KING freezing out there lol came in for some lunch and a cup a tea to heat me up

ok so the grill lights undertray popers and all but 1 bolt is of the bumper
    yep its the bolt by the water bottle with a limmited selection of tools at my house i may have to nip into work to get somthing that i can get on that bolt if a small spanner wont do it

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

update its still bloody freezing see frost on the grass

ok so the wee spanner worked a treat

bumper off

crash bar off

the intercooler

off it comes

new and old

and thats as far as i got today as i developed a wee problem my 90 degree hose is to short how bloody annoyed am i at the moment

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

ok so new hose orderd with 4" legs plenty of spare

Name
    Stefan
    Last Online
    30-01-2022
    Country
    Germany
    Car
    Legnum 25ST-R

nice upgrade mate and at least no snow outside. =] Any ideas what you gonna do with the oil cooler tube?

cheers and good luck
    the one and only...Pearl White Legnum 25 ST-R...registered in Germany - now featuring a 6A13TT engine (unless you know otherwise)

Name
    Lee
    Last Online
    09-09-2018
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    04 535d Touring

You should've got yourself in one of those hangers bud. At least it's a little warmer and if it snows your car ain't getting wet LOL

What size are you fitting? I had to modify the front on mine to make it fit with the impact beam in place. I didn't want to modify the beam so I made an adjustment behind the cooler. Still not completely happy with the fit but it works.
    VR-4 #1 : Ernie, Pyreness Black, 98 Legnum Type-S, Leather, Moonroof & Stainless Sills, Fujitsubo cat back, Apexi RSM - Sold under duress
    VR-4 #2 : Wallie, Finesse Green, 96 Legnum Type-S, Erebuni CF bonnet, Profec E-01 & EMB, TRE fuel pump, RPW Downpipes, De-Cat, Fujitsubo Super Legalis R, LC-1, NGK Iridium Plugs, SARD Radiator, Greddy Hard Rad Pipe, ATF Cooler, FMIC, Forge Recirc BOV, KAD 6 Pot 330x28 Brakes, HEL Braided Lines, 17"X8.0 Rota Torques with Wintrac Xtremes, Fully Synth Oils, Ultimate 102RON Fuel, Stainless Sills - Sold after 4 great years

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

the size is 600x300x76 and i will be cutting the crash bar to fit

and the pas cooler pipe is getting modified and hidden behind the fmic

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

You could get another dinky cooler (like your mission cooler) for the PAS fluid, and mount in in front of the screenwash bottle, so it gets it's own vent

And why not just use the 90degree hose that is already on factory cooler? You could trim it to fit with a stanley knife?

Finally: can you please straighten the numberplate when you refit.....otherwise the car looks immaculate!

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

the old hose wont fit on the intercooler an a better atf cooler is on my list and the small one i have will be used for the pas

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Sorry for the thread hijack but Steve would it be a good idea to fit my ATF cooler in front of the water bottle?
    The mighty Leedsnum has gone but the Airtrek mods will soon fill this space

How To:Contact Committee or Moderators.

Name
    Louis
    Last Online
    23-03-2024
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Legnum Vr4
    My Garage
    Visit

I had the same issues as you when i fitted mine.
    Mine is a 600x300x76 and I didn't have to cut the crash bar! also I had a bit of a stretch with the 90 deg bend in the same place, but I loosened off the pipe it attaches tp, an fitted the 90deg bend to both pipe and cooler, then manipulated pipe to hose further up, and it all came together. good luck, keep posting the pics, cheers Louis
    Updating Soon!! 1998 Legnum VR4, fully serviced every 4500 miles. Fully Amsoil'd. Falken 453's, EVO 8 FQ320 rear diff.

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

i may give that ago louis iv already bought another but if i dont use it then im sure somone eales could

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Finally: can you please straighten the numberplate when you refit.....otherwise the car looks immaculate!

Put a square one on they look better.

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Steve
    can you please straighten the numberplate when you refit....
    Perhaps get a plate that fits in the defined bumper space: using smaller sized characters, similar to Gowf's and mine. Just need to find the lettering specs on DVLA site and ensure that 7 characters will fit inside the space at the correct (legal) size for imported vehicles with a built in number plate space.
    I originally had a square plate on the front which looked nice but intruded on the intercooler a bit. If I had a straight plate like yours it would have been changed pronto 'cos I think they look pants on this car!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

Quote Originally Posted by apeman69
    Perhaps get a plate that fits in the defined bumper space: using smaller sized characters, similar to Gowf's and mine. Just need to find the lettering specs on DVLA site and ensure that 7 characters will fit inside the space at the correct (legal) size for imported vehicles with a built in number plate space.
    I originally had a square plate on the front which looked nice but intruded on the intercooler a bit. If I had a straight plate like yours it would have been changed pronto 'cos I think they look pants on this car!
    the imported plate lettering is a myth mate i got pulled by the police in my integra not 1 month after it was imported for letter spacing and size i phone the garage that sold me it they said the same thing because its an import its allowed different plate i contacted the dvla direct they said that aint true same standard for all cars and sent me out all documents about letterings space and size there are no exemptions for imported cars had to buy new plates

Name
    Steve
    Last Online
    19-06-2023
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    Silver

Yes, the rules are the same for the lettering sizes, but not the plate size.

Also, it depends on how obvious it is that it isn't strictly legal.

Aboo, you COULD fit it there, but there is so much more useful space behind the passengers side vent? I was planning to fit mine instead of the arch liner (with some mesh to protect it). Air flow in at the front........negative pressure in the wheel well. Allows you a nice big cooler.

How different is the size of the pipe, Scott? I'd be willing to bet the rubber one will stretch a half inch if you put it in some boiling water.

Name
    scott
    Last Online
    06-01-2019
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Car
    PAJERO

ill try moving bits about for the 1 iv got or just wait till the new 1 gets here the old 1 looks bit old and tatty

Name
    Andy
    Last Online
    12-07-2017
    Membership ID
    Country
    Scotland
    Car
    Airtrek R turbo
    My Garage
    Visit

Aboo, you COULD fit it there, but there is so much more useful space behind the passengers side vent? I was planning to fit mine instead of the arch liner (with some mesh to protect it). Air flow in at the front........negative pressure in the wheel well. Allows you a nice big cooler.

Thanks Steve. Dont want to hijack the thread so I,v pm'd you.

Back on topic.

Name
    Alan
    Last Online
    24-06-2023
    Country
    Wales
    Car
    VR-4 Leg & R33

Quote Originally Posted by dinger1983
    the imported plate lettering is a myth mate i got pulled by the police in my integra not 1 month after it was imported for letter spacing and size i phone the garage that sold me it they said the same thing because its an import its allowed different plate i contacted the dvla direct they said that aint true same standard for all cars and sent me out all documents about letterings space and size there are no exemptions for imported cars had to buy new plates
    Back off topic: I downloaded a document off the DVLA site before I got my plate made which stated that you can have smaller letters with different spacing to the 'norm' for imported vehicles where the manufacturer's mounting point was smaller than the UK standard. Gowf advised me to get a smaller plate on the front to maximise air flow to the intercooler.
    I looked into this beforehand because I, too, was sceptical. I took the document to the plate maker and they read it and agreed to make the plate. Unfortunately I threw the document away after getting the plate done. Car went through MOT this week and no comments about number plate. The lettering on the original plates on my Legnum, which was first registered by Ebony & Ivory, were not to the correct spec (either UK or the import spec I had documented).

The Road Vehicles ( Display of Registration Marks) (Amendment) regulations 2002 SI no. 2687 came into force in November 2002.

These amendment regulations introduce a new regulation 14A, making special provision in relation to the size and spacing of characters in the registration number of some imported vehicles. These regulations also include the display of motorcycle sizes number plates on imported vehicles. The provision only applies to vehicles imported into the UK which do not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval, and are so constructed, that the area available for the fixing of the registration plate precludes the display on the plate of a registration number in conformity with the requirements of regulation 14.

Also contained is an amendment to regulation 3, to prohibit the use of a number plate on which the background is patterned or textured, or gives that appearance.

Where a vehicle has been allocated a UK registration number, the number plate must comply with the specification and standards laid out in the Road Vehicles ( Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001, as amended. Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display numberplates with smaller characters if the vehicle does not have European Community Vehicle Type Approval and the vehicle's construction/design cannot accommodate standard size numberplates.

The dimensions for the smaller sized plate are:

• each character in the registration number must be 64mm high
    the width of each character of the number, other than the letter 'I' and the figure '1' must be 44mm

• the width of every part of the stroke forming a character in a number must be 10mm
    the spacing between any two characters within a group must be 10mm

• the vertical spacing between groups of characters must be 5mm

• the width of a margin between the number and the top and lateral sides of the numberplate must be not less than 5mm

• the space between the bottom of the number/character and the bottom of the plate must not be less than 13mm, but within that space, the space between the bottom of the number and the top of the name and postcode of the person the plate was supplied must not be less than 5mm.

Down to interpretation I suppose.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast