PDA

View Full Version : big zosrts

nutrok
20-07-2005, 08:26 AM
howzit all
recieved my stainless steel mufflers today
mufflers hav 4.5 inch tips so should b nice n loud
plan is to decat then 3 inch to rear then split in to 2.5 inch and dual s/s mufflers hanging out the back.
should sound mint
wat ya all rekon??
cheers

Gly
20-07-2005, 09:11 AM
it maybe a bit on the loud side, i would recommend at least 1 resonator befor the spilt.

enigma
20-07-2005, 09:16 AM
it maybe a bit on the loud side, i would recommend at least 1 resonator befor the spilt.

Mine is very loud with this setup (115Db) and you have to be careful on the drivers side as there is not much room for large mufflers.

nutrok
20-07-2005, 08:25 PM
algud i mite put a resonator in coz then it wont drone much, is this tru? the muffler is bout 4 3/4 inch would that fit? but it should be kool
cheers guys

Gly
20-07-2005, 08:39 PM
it will be a very tight squeeze... i have a largish barrel muffler, (and de-kat)
the rear of my car sits very low (jamex superlows rear) (koni adjustables up front) on 215/40/17 tires and its not very round any more,

once ive managed to buy all of the body kit im gonna do a twin muffler setup,
but im gonna use oval mufflers so i have more room

i find my car is not very good for long trips unless i have a silencer in....
its loud and probabilly abit on the drony side (after a couple of hours it get to ya) this is with a de-cat pipe and 3" straight thru dytech racing muffler, rest of the system is stock.

nutrok
21-07-2005, 01:18 AM
oh yea it looks good. weas the bumper cut out/insert? thatl get ur zorst boot 35mm higher. my mufflers came with silencers so shud b rite there. thanks for your input

bradc
21-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Gly doesn't have a cut in his bumper because he doesn't have a VR-4. I'm intending to get a similar setup to BigDaveAkers, we both have facelift cars, which means the rear bumper is slightly differant, and we need to cut a small hole. Hopefully mine will be done in the next 2 weeks.

I will be getting one resonator in the system.

nutrok
21-07-2005, 08:20 AM
ok maks sense. bigdaveakers setup is pretty nice dats wat gave me the idea. in the pre facelift i think il need to cut about a 100mm hole then whack in the insert. ur setup should be pretty mean should give a nice rumble at revs n purr at idle.

NAUSED
22-07-2005, 06:17 AM
loud is good. but how loud is too loud you don't want to be pulled up by the cops for a green sticker.

mpau009
22-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Gly doesn't have a cut in his bumper because he doesn't have a VR-4.

Is that exhaust recess a part i could buy and add to my STR bumper, cause i have the same issue, and would prefer a dump style muffler. Or would it just be easier to buy an old VR4 one??? Does anyone know of any threads which can point me to an aftermarkt bodykit in NZ? i know about the trademe ones, but i'm not so keen on the rear??

Big Ian
22-07-2005, 12:40 PM
:joker: Saloon's have load's of space for housing big can's :thumbsup:

bradc
22-07-2005, 09:37 PM
Ian, thats not true, you don't have AYC, which means there is a ton more room than any VR-4. The AYC box just just above where the 2nd muffler would go.

mpau, you definately could, go down to kempy's with a chassis number of a non facelift vr4, and you'll be able to get the plastic trim. You could also go down there with my chassis number and order a facelift rear bumper, and then order the extra trim parts. This will get you a rear bumper like BigDaveAkers, and exactly what I'm intending to do.