PDA

View Full Version : National Meet - Numbers and When poll

BraindG
20-07-2005, 05:15 PM
Please see here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=85032#post85032) For reasoning behind this poll..

Can I please see a show of hands for people interested in a national meet, and when is best for you.

Please note you can vote for more than one date, this will help pinpoint an exact weekend that suits most of the people interested in attending.

Nick Mann
20-07-2005, 05:21 PM
October 9th is Santa Pod weekend! There's quite a few of us for that already!!

October is a bad month for me. Off to Canada for my sisters wedding, then the Pod (if I'm over the jet-lag!) then my sister is having a party this side of the pond too! I'll check the calendar and vote when I get home, but I think Nov is going to be best for us.

Roberto
20-07-2005, 05:39 PM
My vote goes to the Japshow Finale on the 9th.

As Nick says a lot of us will be there.

And it will be my only chance to make it a Multi-National Meet. /yes

BraindG
20-07-2005, 05:45 PM
I think Nick is referring to my premature submition of the poll, which had different Dates shown (including santapod weekend) compared to now.

Nick Mann
20-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Strewth! You blink and the goal posts move!! :rolleyes4

d3x
20-07-2005, 06:10 PM

lol!

We're coming to the Japshow Finale on the 9th so would be good if the two could me joined together.. It ain't easy for us to get to the meets you see...

Brunty
20-07-2005, 06:14 PM

If Gordon Brown can shift his financial cycle by over 700 days then I'm sure CVR4 can move a couple of weekend dates :happy:

I've done my dates......

ANTHONY
20-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Japshow For Me Also.............what About Getting Somewhere In Wellingborough On The Saturday Nite And Have A Meal Then All Back To The Ibis . Then We Still Have The Sunday For A Chat For Those Who Cannot Make Saturday Nite...................MITE BE WORTH GIVING THE IBIS A CALL TO SEE IF THEY HAVE THE ROOM...WE COULD ALWAYS HAVE A MEAL THERE....

Nick Mann
20-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Santa Pod is an event in itself. It will be chaotic on sunday as everybody wants to do their own thing. I think it would be nice to have a National Meet doing something completely different for a weekend. I still like the murder/mystery idea.

I would suggest that people vote for the dates above and we'll arrange a venue/theme once we know when people can come. If you re-badge the meet at Santa Pod it's not going to make any difference to that weekend! Lets keep them seperate rather than try to do too much in one weekend.

Kieran
20-07-2005, 07:39 PM
Santa Pod is an event in itself. It will be chaotic on sunday as everybody wants to do their own thing. I think it would be nice to have a National Meet doing something completely different for a weekend. I still like the murder/mystery idea.

I would suggest that people vote for the dates above and we'll arrange a venue/theme once we know when people can come. If you re-badge the meet at Santa Pod it's not going to make any difference to that weekend! Lets keep them seperate rather than try to do too much in one weekend.

Quite! - Seriously, the Santa Pod Finale is lunacy; it would be madness to combine the two! :inquisiti

BraindG
25-07-2005, 01:15 PM
By the low amount of interest I have a feeling this may not be happening this year..

What would peoples thoughts be for arranging a national meet early next year?

Nick Mann
25-07-2005, 01:24 PM
March would be a very good idea, I think.

Kieran
25-07-2005, 02:14 PM
I think so.... Not sure when next year, but that gives enough time to plan, etc.

Spirit
25-07-2005, 07:20 PM
I agree - let's aim for Feb or March before the show season begins :thumbsup:

strapping young lad
31-08-2005, 10:06 PM
hello

is there an indication of where this would be held too?

ANTHONY
31-08-2005, 11:11 PM
I agree - let's aim for Feb or March before the show season begins :thumbsup: ok i'm with you :thumbsup:

BraindG
31-08-2005, 11:17 PM
Were going to go for 1st quarter next year...

once we know more (committee), we will update everyone.