PDA

View Full Version : Fully operational death star

richieelliott
21-08-2003, 04:56 PM
at last my car is defect freeINSERT INTO post VALUES (touch wood) got the air flow sensor in today ! no engine management light no mis fire im the happiest man in cornwall!! i will also have a spare sensor in the next few weeks as i m gettin a new one so if any one ever needs one ill have a working spare and a defective one gimme a shout if you need one or have a similar problems and ill help all i can .....
the deathstar is now redy for the ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

BraindG
21-08-2003, 05:16 PM
excellent! :D

take it its driving ok then..

richieelliott
21-08-2003, 05:23 PM
yes it has just been full power trialed and low speed monitered .... i gave it a good thrashing and its a ok! no lights no mis fire unbelievable its cost me a lot of money an dmonths of worry but.. it was worth it thanks mostly to exeter mitsubishi who basically hadnt seen one til i took mine in and did an excellent job and well priced diagnostic also i also had tow cover replaced as mine had flown away 25£ and it was painted the right colour and had ayc fluid and wing protector replaced they had it 6 days and was 250£ inc parts and labour is was expecting around £500 so am chuffed .

BraindG
21-08-2003, 05:28 PM
glad to hear it!!..
now on with racing the car :devil5:

Spirit
21-08-2003, 08:23 PM
Glad to hear it Richie mate.

Concerned Exeter Mitsy had never had one in before :Ponder:

Ah well, at least the know what theya re doing - better than some :D

richieelliott
22-08-2003, 09:04 AM
well apart from yours and mine i havent seen another vr4 in the southwest more than once!?

richieelliott
22-08-2003, 09:30 AM
also i forgot just how awesome second gear really is!!!!!!!! unbelievable pull compared to before fantastic im like a pig in poo!:D :sunny: INSERT INTO post VALUES ( sorry forgot most have you have the auto box so its a bit of a pointless thread but the manual guys will get it!)
pete when you gonna take me out in that auto? never been in one yet

zedy1
22-08-2003, 09:45 PM
is yours a manual and how much did he charhe you for the sensor

Spirit
22-08-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by richieelliott
also i forgot just how awesome second gear really is!!!!!!!! unbelievable pull compared to before fantastic im like a pig in poo!:D :sunny: INSERT INTO post VALUES ( sorry forgot most have you have the auto box so its a bit of a pointless thread but the manual guys will get it!)
pete when you gonna take me out in that auto? never been in one yet

The day you lend me your wheels for a bit :D

richieelliott
23-08-2003, 12:05 PM
yes manual 180£ for sensor which sound expensive til you realise how much they are brand spanker 863£

richieelliott
23-08-2003, 01:24 PM
do you want front and rears? or just front?

Spirit
23-08-2003, 05:47 PM
Need to establish if I need new ones or not so best to try all four. The plan is if you could meet up we can take both to a local tyre place I know and put yours on mine just to test drive it - if you don't mind :Ponder: If no wheel wobble at 80 then new wheels it is

Cheers

Pete

zedy1
23-08-2003, 09:57 PM
make sure all tyre sizes are the same