PDA

View Full Version : Handy mod

-LegnumVR4-
23-07-2005, 08:46 AM
http://www8.cds.ne.jp/~tyoshi/car/mm/camber_kit.html

ECLIPSE/AVENGER/TALON FRONT PRO SERIES CONTROL ARMS (PR)

Pro Series Front Upper Control Arms

SPC Performance is launching their "Pro Series" with a new line of high-performance forged upper control arms for 92 - 00 Civics, 94 - 01 Integras and 95 - 99 Eclipses, Galants, Talons and Avengers.
Constructed of aerospace aluminum alloy these arms are torsionally stiffer than the OE control arm and are anodized for improved appearance and corrosion resistance.
One point adjustment for both camber and caster, with the caster adjustment featuring a "positive lock" mechanism designed for high load acceleration and braking.
With applications for racing, show and street tuners, these arms will be the aftermarket's choice when choosing a high end, light weight replacement arm to correct alignment angles and to save weight.

Front Adjustment range: Camber -.2.50¡ to +3.50¡ Caster -1.25¡ to +1.25¡
Installation time: .6 hr/side
Required: 1 arm per wheel
Applications
Dodge: 1995 - 00 Avenger
Eagle: 1995 - 98 Talon
Mitsubishi:
1994 - 99 Eclipse,
1994 - 98 Galant

Kieran
23-07-2005, 10:36 AM
Interesting. I wonder how much they'll be? /Hmmm

-LegnumVR4-
23-07-2005, 11:30 AM
Translated from babel fish:

As for this kit it being designed in such a way that you can adjust other than camber also the caster, as for price about 4 ten thousand 5 thousand Yen it spent, (postage extra).

40 to 50 000yen?? /Hmmm

ThEbIrDmAn13
23-07-2005, 06:40 PM
too bad they won't fit.... these will only fit the 7th generation galant...

-LegnumVR4-
23-07-2005, 09:41 PM
too bad they won't fit.... these will only fit the 7th generation galant...

They will fit in the 8g Galants and Legnums, if u click on the link it takes u to a Japanese owners webpage showing the arms mounted in his car without any mods besides cutting a little bit of the inner guard (plastic) out of the way.

ThEbIrDmAn13
23-07-2005, 11:42 PM
They will fit in the 8g Galants and Legnums, if u click on the link it takes u to a Japanese owners webpage showing the arms mounted in his car without any mods besides cutting a little bit of the inner guard (plastic) out of the way.

i saw that...but the years listed will not fit the 8th gen galant... there isn't a picture of an 8th gen galant there, just a wheel well of a 7th gen

Kieran
23-07-2005, 11:59 PM
i saw that...but the years listed will not fit the 8th gen galant... there isn't a picture of an 8th gen galant there, just a wheel well of a 7th gen

Erm, you're *both* right.... The 8th Gen USDM Galant is indeed a no-no with this kit, as the front strut design is different. I found this out when I was toying with the idea of putting airbag suspension on Hordak. But the 8th Gen JDM/Euro models should be okay.

matsondawson
24-07-2005, 05:25 AM
It only goes to '98 galant, is there a difference in the 99+ galant suspension?

mpau009
24-07-2005, 08:15 AM
It only goes to '98 galant, is there a difference in the 99+ galant suspension?

I don't know about suspension, but there are a few subtle differences between the 97 shape, and 99+ (i think they changed in september 99) model legnums, one for example, i bought a strutbrace from an early 2000, for my 97, and even though i still can't tell the difference, apparently there is a minor (5mm or less) change in clearances (something to do with crumple zones or something), which meant that my bonnet couldn't quite lock. /Hmmm So its entirely possible with the number of recalls mitsi have had, that they updated some mechanical things as well?

That said though, i can't think why that particular bit would matter if it were pre or post facelift?

matsondawson
24-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Mmm the bonet on 99+ has a bigger bulge. But that's all I can think of other than the intercooler, and the different brake calliper mount points on the front.

ThEbIrDmAn13
24-07-2005, 05:03 PM
i didn't even know you had eclipses over there...the ad leads me to believe that this was developed for the USDM versions of each car listed...

Nick Mann
24-07-2005, 05:33 PM
The front shock absorbers changed in early 99. No idea how, but the part number is different.

Kenneth
24-07-2005, 08:52 PM
I am pretty sure the suspension system is the same.

I had a 1997 Galant (not a VR-4, but hey) and the suspension was all the same.

Smokinmasta2
07-09-2005, 02:46 PM
i didn't even know you had eclipses over there...the ad leads me to believe that this was developed for the USDM versions of each car listed...

Yes but only as LHD import - so a bit pointless really as you can't over take anything!!! I see an interesting collection of US cars go past my office window/front door throughout the day - USAF Lakenheath and Mildenhall are only a few miles away - today i saw a strange looking US 8g white in colour with chrome wheels, and one them weired black bra things on the front!!!

Smokin................