PDA

View Full Version : JAE 22/23rd July

diddingtonwizard
24-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Next year we will have Club VR4 City and outdo Scooby Town !! Nice to meet more members. Thanks Nick for organising everything. Job well done.

BraindG
24-07-2005, 06:40 PM
We've jsut got back (well 30 minutes ago) 4 hours it took on that bloody M6... stupid rain..

Anyways, great weekend! shame about the Sunday being so, well... wet. Nice meeting some new faces, and the crack was great! Not laughed so much in a while!...

Ok, off for a shower... mesa smelly!..

Kieran
24-07-2005, 06:43 PM
....Nice meeting some new faces, and the crack was great! Not laughed so much in a while....

:speechles :inquisiti :smart: ;)

psbarham
24-07-2005, 07:04 PM
should i tell every one about barrys saturday night experience with the big burly evo driver or not? /Hmmm

BraindG
24-07-2005, 07:06 PM
should i tell every one about barrys saturday night experience with the big burly evo driver or not? /Hmmm
/help

Dan_G
24-07-2005, 07:12 PM
looks like it was another good one.......

So spill...... did barry neerly have a fight?

ANTHONY
24-07-2005, 07:18 PM
looks like you all had fun.... some nice pix there

psbarham
24-07-2005, 07:32 PM
i think i'll let the great man himself remove the last bit of dignity he has left himself :thumbsup:

BraindG
24-07-2005, 07:34 PM
So spill...... did barry neerly have a fight?
Not, so much a fight... more a drag out of a tent :D :sad3:

Basically.....

One minute i was drinking beer and eating a Bacon roll at our base camp. The next thing i know, im being pulled out of a tent, by my feet by a rather pissed of, large, burly Evo Driver... Im like, what the hell you doing dragging me out of my tent, to which he was replying that it wasn't my tent... slightly drunk and a bit sleepy i get to my feet, and notice that indeed i am in the wrong tent..

Not only the wrong tent, but a tent on the other side of the camping space :inquisiti - With tail between my legs i scurry back to base camp and take a seat, and contemplat the last 5 minutes, raking my brain trying to remember what, why and how on earth i managed to get where i was...

It could have been alot worse...

diddingtonwizard
24-07-2005, 07:44 PM
That is soooo funny. Yeah it could have been worse......he could have knicked yer bacon roll !!! /pan

Dan_G
24-07-2005, 07:46 PM
/lol /lol

thats a good story....... good old alceehol

Ah, the joys..... :5shots: :-ished: /duh

ANTHONY
24-07-2005, 07:49 PM
we at least it was a driver from the same car family and not 1 of those other firms

Kieran
24-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Barry............. /GJ /haz

richy rich
24-07-2005, 09:11 PM
hi all got back at 4.30 good drive back,
thank u all for a great weekend thanks for making us so welcome (me my bro & son).
talk later :chugchug: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :evil2:

ps well done barry it made me laugh so much this morning when u told me. :chugchug:

firefly
24-07-2005, 09:50 PM
That is the funniest story of the whole weekend!!!!! Bless! :chugchug: /pan

It was great to finally meet you chaps at last. Many apologies if the dog scared any of your children - it's just youthful exhuberance!!!!! :scholar:

Shame about the site position and all the dust - that'll learn us for waiting until the last minute to commit. Hopefully next year we'll be quicker off the ball!

That event has certainly given me a head full of ideas - like next year I will take a jumper and a pac-a-mac!!! But seriously - it points out just how much you can do to your price and joy other than performance.

Great photos by the way - Shuck looks gorgeous in the back of my waaaaagggggoonnn!!

enigma
24-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Shuck looks gorgeous in the back of my waaaaagggggoonnn!!

Vicky looks better in the back of Nicks :sweethear

Spirit
25-07-2005, 12:20 AM
Sounds like you all had a great time :thumbsup:

What time were the pics taken, as there doesn't seem to be anyone around ? /Hmmm

richy rich
25-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Sounds like you all had a great time :thumbsup:

What time were the pics taken, as there doesn't seem to be anyone around ? /Hmmm
thats becouse of where we were out of the way from all others.

Wouter
25-07-2005, 02:30 PM
thats becouse of where we were out of the way from all others.

I kinda liked the fact that the stand was away from everything... no chavs making a noise.... no idiot mazda drivers! (Except this wanna be VR-4 owner)

The only sh!tty thing was the dirt road!!

Had a great time! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

pezza
25-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Yup twas a great day indeed... :thumbsup:

And altho the VR4 exclusive corner of the park was a *bit* dusty and a little remote (not many passers by) It was good to be able to sit down and chat/spend time with everyone without having to rush off to watch track action or any other event.. It was a very laid back afternoon. :smoking:

One of the inconsiderate 200SX club member's who decided to show off and try drifting on the dusty entrance road,spraying stones and dust onto our cars, was lucky to be separated by the perimeter fence from club VR4's wizard of local diddington. /pan :uhoh2:

The inside of my car was covered in dust, having left a couple of windows open :embarasse

I will put up some pix of the day in a short while.. Or maybe I can ask Barry to add them to the gallery instead?

Cheers

Pezz

BraindG
25-07-2005, 03:59 PM
yup, zip em up, and upload em here (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/gallery/admin/plugins/batch_zip_import/zip/upload.php) Make sure you put them all in a folder, and zip the folder though... send me a pm once done, ill get em imported.

pezza
25-07-2005, 04:45 PM
When I try to upload and submit the action I receive a page cannot be displayed message? /help

the zip file is about 35Mb tho??

psbarham
25-07-2005, 05:00 PM
as has already been stated it was a great weekend indeed , very relaxed and laid back , we all spent most of saturday sat around chatting about all sorts of stuff from cars to life the universe and everything ( and before you ask, yes the answer is 42) the best of it was as it was just a car show with no track time or anything there was no rushing over to the track every 15 mins , it was also nice to meet the new members who came along adrian, richard and firefly and their family (even though one of them was madder than a bucket of frogs) and also great to finally meet some of the older members and i don't mean in terms of age andy :inquisiti . sunday was set for more of the same , except the weather had other ideas , any one who has not seen camp VR4 first thing in the morning had better have a strong stomach coz its not pretty . the first 'thing' that greeted us was a very hung over barry emptying a can of carling , the trouble was the way he was holding it made it look like he was too hung over to make it to the toilets :embarasse , closely followed by a richard, not nice but once they had sorted their breakfast and cleared the rubbish all was well in the camp , shame the weather had to spoil it , mind you the wet grass did give a certain person the chance to show off his donuting skills much to the displeasure /TTTH of the rather rotund female security gaurd /duh . heres to the next one , if its half as good as this meet then it can't come soon enough :thumbsup:

pezza
25-07-2005, 05:47 PM
any one who has not seen camp VR4 first thing in the morning had better have a strong stomach coz its not pretty .....

heres to the next one , if its half as good as this meet then it can't come soon enough :thumbsup:

Loox like saturday was the day to go then :thumbsup:

And definitely looking forward to the next meet!

Until I can upload the pix to the gallery I have just put up some of them HERE (http://www.aquavibe.demon.co.uk/JAE)
Cheers

D...

psbarham
25-07-2005, 05:59 PM
Until I can upload the pix to the gallery I have just put up some of them HERE (http://www.aquavibe.demon.co.uk/JAE)
Cheers

D...
some excelent pics there matey especialy the first one :smug: , if thats just some of them then i can't wait for the rest :thumbsup:

BraindG
25-07-2005, 06:36 PM
erm, 35mb.. hmm, i take it you can get to the upload screen? it just times out? if so split it up, and make 3 folders (then zip) and call them pezza_1, pezza_2 etc... do em one at a time.. i think it times out with files larger than 10MB...

oh, hang on... theres an ftp service if you want to use that? ill PM you details..

AderC
26-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Nice to meet everyone at JAE. At least I managed to find the right tent...

OK dust was a problem for the cars, but I found that Carlsberg washed the mouthfuls of dust down quite nicely.

See you there next year!!

aDe

The Vee
27-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Think PSB's comments about sum it up :thumbsup: Was indeed a very chilled type of affair and was good to meet new members and old. (cheeky bu&&er PSB) /pan /pan . Pezza's slide show - brilliant. Didn't see that 7G myself. Glad you got it on film or disc or whatever!!
As for Barry - priceless :chugchug:

psbarham
27-07-2005, 07:11 PM
come on barry where are your piccys ???

pezza
27-07-2005, 11:39 PM
come on barry where are your piccys ???

Mine are uploaded just waiting for Baz to sort it out... my 2nd cam card was blank? /pan /help

Shame had some awesome supras (still like these cars so much) and some nice looking 200 Sx's... bleedin' camera...

oh well

am2801
28-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I found clubvr4 on the net by accident. Read about JAE so decided 2 go on sunday 24th walked round 4 hours asked a few peeps (lancer crew) if they knew where u were. Got a few blank faces (too much torque me finx) So ended up looking at too many dull scoobys and mr2's. Not even the so-called security knew about u lot so I came away disappointed. However it sounds like u had good time and i hope to meet soon.

BraindG
28-07-2005, 10:45 PM
if we couldn't find our spot, how on earth were non club members find it... lol...

sorry you missed us!

am2801
29-07-2005, 12:36 PM
At least u posted some pics. Ur motors look impressive! No clones in ur camp!!! lol.

richy rich
29-07-2005, 03:43 PM
as has already been stated it was a great weekend indeed , very relaxed and laid back , we all spent most of saturday sat around chatting about all sorts of stuff from cars to life the universe and everything ( and before you ask, yes the answer is 42) the best of it was as it was just a car show with no track time or anything there was no rushing over to the track every 15 mins , it was also nice to meet the new members who came along adrian, richard and firefly and their family (even though one of them was madder than a bucket of frogs) and also great to finally meet some of the older members and i don't mean in terms of age andy :inquisiti . sunday was set for more of the same , except the weather had other ideas , any one who has not seen camp VR4 first thing in the morning had better have a strong stomach coz its not pretty . the first 'thing' that greeted us was a very hung over barry emptying a can of carling , the trouble was the way he was holding it made it look like he was too hung over to make it to the toilets :embarasse , closely followed by a richard, not nice but once they had sorted their breakfast and cleared the rubbish all was well in the camp , shame the weather had to spoil it , mind you the wet grass did give a certain person the chance to show off his donuting skills much to the displeasure /TTTH of the rather rotund female security gaurd /duh . heres to the next one , if its half as good as this meet then it can't come soon enough :thumbsup:
who's that then, /Hmmm
who's that then :embarasse

psbarham
29-07-2005, 06:58 PM
who's that then, /Hmmm
who's that then :embarasse
hmm i wonder , did the grass wash off ok then :inquisiti or did it cause a /grr when you got home ? tell flynn i hope the hair works out for him :rolleyes4

BraindG
29-07-2005, 07:51 PM
.....flynn....

What a guy, ive not bounced of someone so much in a long time.. Great fun to have around, and it was a pleasure meeting him!...

psbarham
29-07-2005, 08:11 PM
What a guy, ive not bounced of someone so much in a long time.. Great fun to have around, and it was a pleasure meeting him!...
you've got to admit he was nuttier than squirrel turds , but a damn nice bloke with it , hope to meet him again :thumbsup:

richy rich
29-07-2005, 08:50 PM
hmm i wonder , did the grass wash off ok then :inquisiti or did it cause a /grr when you got home ? tell flynn i hope the hair works out for him :rolleyes4

grass no problem

richy rich
29-07-2005, 09:00 PM

you will never guess how i just bumped in to?

it was only a mate of the evo drivers tent you got in to barry.

they were all laughing it about as much as we were exept the owner of the tent
he is pissed /grr as he padlocked his tent u must have crawled under his tent. :embarasse

richy rich
29-07-2005, 09:02 PM
you've got to admit he was nuttier than squirrel turds , but a damn nice bloke with it , hope to meet him again :thumbsup:
u will :thumbsup:

BraindG
30-07-2005, 10:46 AM
they were all laughing it about as much as we were exept the owner of the tent
he is pissed /grr as he padlocked his tent u must have crawled under his tent. :embarasse
lol, did i? crawled under it? or into it? how on earth.. what on earth was i thinking, infact doing.. :inquisiti /Hmmm

richy rich
30-07-2005, 09:15 PM
lol, did i? crawled under it? or into it? how on earth.. what on earth was i thinking, infact doing.. :inquisiti /Hmmm

must have been under it no other way in :embarasse