PDA

View Full Version : No E-Manage again

paulmc
25-07-2005, 07:09 PM
I was going to do this once home on Wednesday and do a HOW TO but I now have to stay offshore another week :sad3: on the bright side I will order my LM-1 Air/Fuel Ratio meter so when I do fit it next month I can play as well :smug: :thumbsup:

I was looking forward to a :chugchug: Wednesday 2 :embarasse

Kieran
25-07-2005, 08:05 PM
Bum!! Oh well, at least you've more time to formulate your cunning plans.... :evil2:

pezza
10-08-2005, 11:30 AM
I was going to do this once home on Wednesday and do a HOW TO but I now have to stay offshore another week :sad3: on the bright side I will order my LM-1 Air/Fuel Ratio meter so when I do fit it next month I can play as well :smug: :thumbsup:

I was looking forward to a :chugchug: Wednesday 2 :embarasse

Ello Paul,

Have you managed to install this unit as yet?

I will be looking at e-manage very soon I think, as mentioned before, and also looking at getting my hands on a wideband sensor for monitoring... Hows much did you manage to get that LM-1 unit for? (Uk purchase?)

Where are these typically installed when used for tuning?

I am trawling through the posts regarding recommended 02 sensors just to get an idea of price etc...

I was also reading about the issue with injector impedances (esp where evo's are concerned).. A pal who tunes Type-Rs mention that they have to use resistor packs for the injectors on the hondas... but there has been no mention of the same being required for our cars? ANyone know whether this is an issue with the VR4 too?

Cheers

P

paulmc
10-08-2005, 01:56 PM
I was going to fit it last trip but had to do an extra week. I am back offshore today for 2 weeks and I WILL be fitting it when I get home.

I got the LM-1 from here http://www.flat4online.co.uk/catalog/ Guys name is Scott very helpful. I paid £250 inc vat & post which i though was very good. Not sure if he will do this price for everyone as I also bought my AVC-R from him so spent 500 notes. Worth a try though. I know you can get them from the U/S but knowing my luck I would get done by customs so went for the local option.

I dont intend to fit my LM-1 I will just stick it up the exhaust that way I can keep it mobile if needed for other cars I end up playing with.

You can weld the adapter supplied with the kit into the exhaust and use it that way, even so it is best just to use it for setting up or the lambda will lose its accuracy if left in all the time

Not sure about the injector thing but Valmes has fitted his with no probs so far