PDA

View Full Version : ...with my 500th post....

Brunty
25-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I joined Club VR4 in August 2004 and with the benefit of the members collective wisdom I bought my first VR4 in November, and now 500 posts later (and still pretty much a VR4 beginner) I'd like to say:

/Poms THANK YOU /Poms

I'm loving the car it has lived up to all my expectations and exceeded many, but I honestly think that just as good as owning a VR4 is being a CVR4 member, this forum and it's members (old and new) have added considerably to the experience.

Its been expensive, although researching the costs on the forum I was prepared for that (but just like everyone else - underestimated the true cost!!!)

I've had my gearbox rebuilt, I've been vandalised and then benefitted from a very cheap respray and repair (so cheap I'm not allowed to tell anyone else the price), found a £100 solution to a £2,000 AYC pump problem, thrashed the car up, down and around Bruntingthorpe and will soon appear with my car and other enthusiasts in a national magazine.
/GJ
Best of all I've made many new friends, and in particular would like to thank:

Red & Rally 205, Zedy1 and Nick Mann

All of whom have sacrificed their time to help me get over my (car-related) problems, there are of course many more who's advice I've benefitted from and enjoyed meeting in person, but these four stand out.

Hell my reputation states that:

Brunty is on a distinguished road

So someone (easy to please) appreciates a couple of my posts :thumbsup:

Thanks CVR4 you're great, heres to the next 500 :chugchug:

Steve

Spirit
25-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Awww, thanks mate......it's the members on here that make it such a great club - and long may it continue :chugchug:

Nick Mann
25-07-2005, 10:29 PM
All of whom have sacrificed their time to help me get over my (car-related) problems, there are of course many more who's advice I've benefitted from and enjoyed meeting in person, but these four stand out.

You big soft sod! You helped me more than the other way around!!

Glad you are enjoying ownership even after a not-so-smooth introduction.

BraindG
26-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Like what was said at the weekend by a few of us. If it had not been for the club, and its members, there are a few of us who may not have stuck with the car. We have all benefited from each others experience, knowledge and above all friendship.

Bottoms up Steve! :thumbsup:

Jimbo
26-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Well I think it's also time for a "Well done to you", Steve. As with everyone else I've read your posts over the past 6 months and been amazed at the amount of rough you've had to take in comparison to the smooth, but I know it's been worth it for you and I've been inspired by your continual optimism, so here's to you pal :chugchug:

Kieran
26-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Group Hug!!! :beerchug:

For me, owning a Galant/Legnum is made more special by the other owners in the club. As with Steve, since joining the club, Alex and I have made many friends and the Club has been there for us in the good and the bad.

/Here's to the continuation of a truly great club. :chugchug:

ANTHONY
26-07-2005, 08:08 PM
Group Hug!!! :beerchug:

For me, owning a Galant/Legnum is made more special by the other owners in the club. As with Steve, since joining the club, Alex and I have made many friends and the Club has been there for us in the good and the bad.

/Here's to the continuation of a truly great club. :chugchug:

i'll 2nd that

psbarham
26-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Like what was said at the weekend by a few of us. If it had not been for the club, and its members, there are a few of us who may not have stuck with the car. We have all benefited from each others experience, knowledge and above all friendship.

Bottoms up Steve! :thumbsup:
couldn't have put it better myself. :chugchug: heres to evryone that makes this club so pleasurable to be a part of :thumbsup: