PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart stickers and fog lights

Brunty
26-07-2005, 12:21 PM
I've noticed that the majority of facelift VR4s have a Ralliart sticker on the rear and the fog light mounted in the rear bumper. I recently looked at an 'official' VR4 estate in a dealers which, although imported by Mitsubishi in September '99, had no Ralliart sticker and the fog light was mounted below the bumper - like the pre-facelift cars.

Why? Did different garages prepare the official imports for SVA? Or is it something altogether more sinister?

Cheers

Steve

d3x
26-07-2005, 12:35 PM
sounds like an unofficial import...

ritch_w
26-07-2005, 12:37 PM
my fog light is in the rear cluster - same as UK GLS / V6 saloons

is it only ralliart estates that have the additional foglight??

andy43
26-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Mine's (that sounds goood) got the foglight in the bumper... but there were so few imported one may have slipped through the net - maybe Mitsubishi's jigsaw blade was broken that day :happy:
A rear end shunt - tailgate and bumper - would lose the sticker and foglight easy, if a legnum bumper was used to replace the bent one.

Nick Mann
26-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Ralliart Evo's have the same foglight as Ralliart VR4's. I can not honestly say whether all Ralliart supplied cars have it, though. Given a choice I would re-wire the foglight into the rear light cluster anyway. The bumper looks cleaner without the extra foglight.

The Legnum I now have said Galant on the back when I bought it, and has the same foglight as the Ralliart cars. Interestingly, now it is de-badged, you can see where it used to say Legnum! Also interestingly, it was imported new but not by Mitsubishi or Extreme (previously Ralliart) in Dudley.

Sorry - I have just realised that is only interesting if you are a VR4 geek! :scholar: :inquisiti

ANTHONY
26-07-2005, 08:07 PM
Sorry - I have just realised that is only interesting if you are a VR4 geek! :scholar: :inquisiti

NICK i'm interested......rearly , more info please

bernmc
26-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Why? Did different garages prepare the official imports for SVA? Or is it something altogether more sinister?

The officially imported VR4's arrived in the UK prepared by Mitsi Japan if I remember correctly - I asked Ralliart (Xtreme) about this when I was importing. I don't think they went through SVA (single vehicle approval) - they were type-approved.

Kieran
26-07-2005, 10:55 PM
The officially imported VR4's arrived in the UK prepared by Mitsi Japan if I remember correctly - I asked Ralliart (Xtreme) about this when I was importing. I don't think they went through SVA (single vehicle approval) - they were type-approved.

So if they are type-approved, then where the hell is the type-approval cert??? If we could get that, our SVA woes would be at an end up to the runout of the Type-approval cert.... The ESVA/SVA stuff is only for models without a type-approval! :inquisiti

SGHOM
26-07-2005, 10:58 PM
So if they are type-approved, then where the hell is the type-approval cert??? If we could get that, our SVA woes would be at an end up to the runout of the Type-approval cert.... The ESVA/SVA stuff is only for models without a type-approval! :inquisiti
eh ?? :embarasse :embarasse
anyone got babble... googlefi........... a transl........... you've lost me there !! /help

Brunty
26-07-2005, 11:10 PM

I know a man who I'm sure would want to find that type approval cert more than most >Senator (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/member.php?userid=1522)