PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Legnum VR-4

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I have bought a December 1996 Legnum VR-4 5 speed manual from Japan for parts for myself.

Colour is trigger mauve.

I will be selling on what I do not need so if you want anything please let me know in the next few weeks.

It is a manual and starts and runs but has sustained damage to the near side rear suspension and the rear axle to propshaft coupling has popped so it does not drive.

I have got it for a good price but transport and handling fees in Japan and the UK, plus the shipping and the 10% duty and 17.5% VAT I have to pay has put the price up quite considerably.

But I get the parts I need and what I don't need is open for VR4 forum members to buy.

Things I would like to mention.

This is a private matter, I am not a dealer, trader or breaker.

I do work away from home so not always around to respond to emails or whatever. My wife cannot be expected to pull an engine out (as if :happy: ). Please be patient.

I would like to recover some of my costs, I am not out to make money but I can't give stuff away. I would prefer to charge a fair price that both buyer and seller are happy with.

Help to remove parts would be much appreciated. Bring your tools and no oil stains on my garage floor please. Copious amounts of tea will be provided !

I would prefer bigger/awkward/bulky parts to be collected if possible.

I have a big garage but don't want a half dismantled carcass or mounds of parts hanging around for a long time. So I can't really hold parts for future collection. If I say the remains are going to the scrapman, I mean it !

I will put stuff on Ebay if no interest from here but forum members have first dibbs.

I hope this is all fair, I would prefer to be fair to the members of this forum, all of whom I have found to be a very decent bunch of people. One thing about this is I will get to meet a few of you !

Thanks all.

adam_shaw
27-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Hiya,

I wouldn't mind the steering wheel.... /Steeringw

PM with an idea on price....

A

d3x
27-07-2005, 10:17 AM
wouldn't say no to the under engine sump guard thingy, mines had it..

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 10:25 AM
No idea of price or anything yet, let me get it in my garage first !

But keep letting me know what you want.

enigma
27-07-2005, 10:39 AM
This may be just what project VX needs to get it back on track! We could do with lots of items!

Front and rear suspension (damaged is OK at this stage)
Front and rear hubs
Driveshafts
Wiring loom
Engine

And so many more mechanical bits its not funny!

Where are you based?

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Not far from Chester, not too far from the western end of the M56.

I have only just sorted the deal and need to get 165,000 Yen to Japan ASAP. Its all a bit confused at the moment so bear with me please folks !

As soon as you post on this thread you get first dibbs - fair enough ?

Kieran
27-07-2005, 10:55 AM
A complete VR-4 for spares.... £843 + shipping. Bobby bargain!!! :thumbsup:

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 11:04 AM
A complete VR-4 for spares.... £843 + shipping. Bobby bargain!!!

The shipping, duty and VAT put it up to a fair bit more than that. By the time its in my garage it is likely to owe me more than £2000.

So I hope you good folks will help me out by buying some of the many parts I don't need !

enigma
27-07-2005, 11:39 AM
The shipping, duty and VAT put it up to a fair bit more than that. By the time its in my garage it is likely to owe me more than £2000.

So I hope you good folks will help me out by buying some of the many parts I don't need !

I am sure the PVX team can come up with some cash to secure many of the mechanical components.

What is it that you need?

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 11:56 AM
I have two problems with my car right now.

Problem number 1.

First one is not too major, and may even be related to problem number two. Basically gearchanges are very abrupt and I have a nasty vibration around the 80-90MPH mark. I would like the gearbox off my donor for that but that does involve the expense of converting my car to manual. So if I did that I would need pedals etc. etc. from the donor as well.

Problem number 2

The voltage at the battery with the engine running is jsut over 12.4 volts which is not enough. I have already had the alternator changed by Xtreme and a new 68 amp hour battery which has not fixed the problem. The car is currently being checked out by an expert on Mitsubishis and he may want to replace the loom as some parts of the engine bay loom "are a bit crispy". He is also concerned that due to voltage problems that the various on board computers may have been damaged by voltage spikes.

He may be able to rewire the crispy wiring without swapping parts of the loom and the onboard brains may be OK. He won't really know until he gets the voltage issue sorted. This voltage problem and/or fried ECUs may be causing the gearbox to be choppy. I feel that every time I switch the car off that the low voltage is resetting the gearbox ECU.

Sorry for the long winded reply but until such time as we know whats going on with my car we don't know what bits are needed.

If nothing is needed for my car then I can either break the donor and sell the lot or someone can take it on to fix up.

Of course, it might be a cheaper option to put the donor right and break mine but that would be a very tough decision to make.........

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 12:16 PM
So far:

Brunty – Plastic engine cover

Kieran – MMCS system out of my car if possible to swap mine over

Bal – Rear bumper (looks broken in the pics), tweeter holders ( ? )

Thebirdman13 – Headlights, front bumper, mirrors

Adam_shaw – steering wheel

WODJNO - fake wood trim

D3x_vr4 - under engine sump guard thingy

Bigdaveakers - Front and rear suspension (damaged is OK at this stage)
Front and rear hubs
Driveshafts
Wiring loom
Engine
And no doubt the final pickings before the scrappy has it !

Anyone I have left out ?

Kieran
27-07-2005, 12:48 PM
To update my list....

Those aren't the standard alloys, so scratch that.

And it's not got an MMCS, so scratch that too.

And you can scratch the rear box too.... Had a change of mind here...

Sorry about that! :embarasse

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Kieran

No problem !

I quite like the alloys but not sure if the NSR one is buckled due to the impact there.

I am thinking of getting rid of the MMCS in my car and replacing it with the smaller unit on the donor. The unit in the donor looks like the unit in my Evo that just controls the aircon.

The MMCS in my car is pretty well useless to me, as it just controls the aircon really so I would prefer the smaller unit to give me room to fit more electronic toys in the dash !

d3x
27-07-2005, 01:19 PM
is it me or does that rear wheel look wonky?

Bal
27-07-2005, 01:41 PM
yeah it does look like that wheel has been bashed a bit ...

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 02:19 PM
The suspension on that side is damaged apparently. Its had a bash on the back which has broken some suspension component, caused the back axle to shift out of line which has popped the propshaft coupling out of the diff.

Thats why its not a driver and no doubt a reason that the docks in Liverpool will charge me a handling fee.......

And it might be a bit of a bugger to get it up my very sloping drive into my garage.

d3x
27-07-2005, 04:01 PM
And it might be a bit of a bugger to get it up my very sloping drive into my garage.

me thinks you'll be moving it into your garage piece by piece... hehe

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 04:42 PM
me thinks you'll be moving it into your garage piece by piece... hehe

If its a problem (I don't think it will) I'll get my neighbour, who is a farmer, to come down with his tractor with the big baling spike on the front. Through the back window of the legnum, up it goes and tractor it into the garage !

Just need to tell him which car.......

d3x
27-07-2005, 04:48 PM
If its a problem (I don't think it will) I'll get my neighbour, who is a farmer, to come down with his tractor with the big baling spike on the front. Through the back window of the legnum, up it goes and tractor it into the garage !

Just need to tell him which car.......

pmsl at the thought of him pickin up the wrong motor!

Dream Weaver
27-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Probably just get Geoff the truck to drive his flatbed up to the garage door and roll the bugger straight off his truck and into the garage.

If not the farmers future son in law has a plant hire business so we'll get it in there somehow.

Anyway - any more interest in parts anyone ?

Wodjno
27-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Front and Rear Seats and Door cards please..

Bal
27-07-2005, 05:24 PM
oo oo me want bonnet lid :)

psbarham
27-07-2005, 05:55 PM
strut brace please

Dan_G
27-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Poor car... :embarasse

I would like to get some bits but I live far up in scotchland... would you consider sending stuff up (paid by me obviously)? I know thats a bit of a pain so no bother if you dont fancy the idea of that....

I would quite like the roof bars and exhaust downpipes c/w lambda sensor.

and how much would we be talkin for the ayc diff and pump?

anyway, thank you.. :happy:

Dan

Legnum Lad VR4
27-07-2005, 06:22 PM
a dont have a legnum vr4 yet so can i have the legnum & VR4 badge off of the back so i can dream

lol cheers :D

John
27-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Wouldn't mind the plastic front wheelarch liners if they are in one piece.

And anyone know if the rear spoiler will fit a V6 estate without too much trouble? The Legnum tailgate is different, yes?

Front and rear wiper arms if they're not too rough.

What colour is the interior?

ANTHONY
27-07-2005, 09:08 PM
wind deflectors please. not................cancel that i'v just found out they dont fit a saloon

Nick Mann
27-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Aircon radiator please!

Legnum Boy
27-07-2005, 11:49 PM
I'll have the wind deflectors please.... :thumbsup:

Only need the drivers door, but I'll take the rest off you as well.

michaeli
28-07-2005, 08:14 AM
As posted in general forum...

I'll take the cutch and maybe the gearbox depending on price... :thumbsup:

If it's come and take it off yourself, then I could do with an air con pipe, but might just take the pump as well, again depending on price... :smug:

Oh... and I'll take the standard airbox too....

PM me....

I'm spending too much recently... the wife's shouting at me constantly /help

No change there then.... :thumbsup:

Dream Weaver
28-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Dan_G

I did from my home to Glasgow and back in one easy day run, with a couple of hours in Glasgow and A framing a mini home so not a fast trip back. And that was with half hour stops at Gretna services both ways.

I know Scotland is a big, big Country and don't know how far from Glasgow you are. Carlisle to my gaff is about 3 to 4 hours if the roads are clear and you don't hang about.

Vector
28-07-2005, 02:56 PM
i'd be interested in some of the interior stuff leather door tops walnut gear surround the interior front pillar covers..let me know..many thanks :thumbsup:

calum
28-07-2005, 06:43 PM
My dad needs a bonnet for his V6 - I reckon they're probably the same. PM me a price, please.

Thanks,

Calum

Dream Weaver
29-07-2005, 09:05 PM
I think this is the lot so far:

WODJNO - fake wood trim

Front and rear hubs
Driveshafts
Wiring loom
Engine

WODJNO – Front and rear seats and door cards

BAL – Bonnet

PSBARHAM – Strut brace

DAN_G – Roof bars and exhaust downpipes with lambda sensors

Legnum Lad VR4 – VR 4 Badges

John – Front wheelarch liners

Nick Mann – Aircon radiator

Legnum Boy – Wind deflectors

Michaeli – Clutch and gearbox, aircon pipe & pump, airbox

Vector – Interior bits

Calum – bonnet (You might have to fight BAL for it)

Wirdy - Internal rear view mirror.
OS outer rear lens. (I would prefer to sell them as a pair)
Headlights (1st reserve).

Please PM me if I have made any mistakes.

mitzylongboy
30-07-2005, 10:16 PM
hi, any chance of having the front bumper for my galant V6? should fit. let me know a price, bearing in mind i can get a stock one for £150 inc delivery thank you please :2thumbsup

Dream Weaver
31-07-2005, 09:31 AM
I'll put you down for it but someone already has their name on it so you are in the reserves right now !

Dream Weaver
31-07-2005, 09:33 AM
If I do convert to 5 speed I will have a working tiptronic box for sale plus all the associated electronics.

And if I can swap out my MMCS for the smaller aircon control panel the MMCS will be for sale too - Kieran ?

zedy1
31-07-2005, 10:00 AM
whatever is left over

michaeli
31-07-2005, 07:06 PM
throtle body required please!!! Thanks in advance..

Mike

Dream Weaver
31-07-2005, 07:29 PM
OK michaeli - you are on the list.

zedy1 - I think you still owe me a few ££££££ for a gearbox ?

zedy1
31-07-2005, 07:46 PM
im still waiting for extreme to let me know whats happended with the gearbox

Wodjno
31-07-2005, 11:48 PM
N E Prices yet . :inquisiti

Dream Weaver
01-08-2005, 07:19 AM
Regarding price I am waiting for some more interest before I can price things up, as I said I am not going to take the p1ss on prices but I don't want to be out of pocket on this.

Dream Weaver
01-08-2005, 04:49 PM
SWIFT payment will be in the sellers bank account tomorrow so I expect that the car will be on the baot by the weekend.

Anyone any idea how long it takes for thrse boats to get from Japan to the UK ?

Danny Boy
01-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Probably just get Geoff the truck to drive his flatbed up to the garage door and roll the bugger straight off his truck and into the garage.

If not the farmers future son in law has a plant hire business so we'll get it in there somehow.

Anyway - any more interest in parts anyone ?

I know the mirrors have already gone, but are the black brackets which attach the mirror to the door still available? If so, any idea on price?

ThEbIrDmAn13
01-08-2005, 05:53 PM
I know the mirrors have already gone, but are the black brackets which attach the mirror to the door still available? If so, any idea on price?

i would hope that these are coming with my mirrors...lol, what would i do with mirrors that i can't mount?? I have a USDM Galant and i need those brackets to mount...

sam
01-08-2005, 08:21 PM
hi,

i need the front two driveshafts, also a front bumper depending on colour/condition, load cover, 2 rear head rests, also the plastic cover over the tweeters,

also need bits off the exhaust.

only if you have or are able to,

let me know what you have and prices etc, pm me , or txt me on 079444 56 562

regards

sam

bernmc
01-08-2005, 10:12 PM
SWIFT payment will be in the sellers bank account tomorrow so I expect that the car will be on the baot by the weekend.

pffffttttttmwaha!!!!! :D They're not like trains - think it took around 6 weeks after payment for mine to arrive ;) Need to wait for a boat going to the port of your choice, then a good while they row accross the pond, then a few days for HM customs to dcide how much they're going to fleece you. Argh! Agony!

Dream Weaver
02-08-2005, 08:03 AM
I thought Customs charged 10% duty and 17.5% VAT on the price I paid plus all the shipping charges etc.

I hope they don't charge based on what they think the book value of the car is............

Someone told me that if I tell them its a parts car that they might be a tiny bit more lenient. Ever the optimist........

zentac
02-08-2005, 12:31 PM
you wont get away with parts if the car is capable of going on the road. You may have to state that you can not get an SVA for it as no model report exists to you are going to break it for parts.

calum
02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
If BAL needs teh bonnet then he can have it as he shouted first - sorry _ I didn't check all the posts before making my request.

If BAL doesn't want it, please let me know.

Thanks,

Calum

Bal
02-08-2005, 03:42 PM
calum, thanks for that. i shall let you know.

basically my plan is to get the bonnet and fit a scoop. if this is succefull u can have my bonnet.

just wanted a spare in case all goes wrong.

B

mitzylongboy
03-08-2005, 06:35 PM

reading up on most import wbsites they claim to have the car on british soil in about 4-6 weeks.

Dream Weaver
23-08-2005, 02:49 PM
I might be bringing in more than one breaker, this time a Tiptronic.

Better get my garage cleared out !

John
24-08-2005, 08:55 AM
Assuming you'll be opening up a second list, can I please have first refusal on the strut brace from the second one then? Ta. :thumbsup:

richy rich
24-08-2005, 09:54 AM
I might be bringing in more than one breaker, this time a Tiptronic.

Better get my garage cleared out !
might be intrested in the gear box if in good nick, but ive already put my name down for one from zedi1 so if mo's one isnt in good nick i might be intrested im wauting for a reply from mo.

sydkhan
24-08-2005, 12:33 PM
hi mate have you still got VR-4 badge for front and back.if so i will be interested in buying them also front lights if you have.let me know by mail:windoze4hell@hotmail.com

Bal
24-08-2005, 12:54 PM
ill probably be interested in a rear bumper on teh second car if it's a saloon. any news on the prices for the first car ???

Dream Weaver
24-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Cars are still in Japan so just taking orders for parts at the moment.

First one is an accident damaged 5 speed trigger mauve 1996 Legnum.

Second is a pearl white tiptronic 1996 Legnum. This has an engine fault but otherwise a decent car so might be ideal as a rolling shell for someone with an accident damaged VR4.

By the way I am just doing this as a source of parts for myself and anyone else who wants anything that I don't need. Not going to be running a VR4 breaking business.

Even with two cars coming ! :rolleyes4

ariddell
24-08-2005, 02:43 PM
Either got leather interior?

If they do and it's still available i'll gladly take it from you.

Cheers

Dream Weaver
25-08-2005, 07:15 AM
Sorry no leather

richieelliott
27-08-2005, 10:54 AM
oooh its like scavengers corner or like a load of women at a next sale lemme in lemme in! Can i have the better looking engine cover please as mines looking shabby and if either have decent seats not the standard ones can i have dibs on them too i will be away as of the 9th of september til late nov if you dont mind waiting

richie

Dream Weaver
27-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Can i have the better looking engine cover please as mines looking shabby

Your name is now on the list

if either have decent seats not the standard ones can i have dibs on them too

They are the standard ones in both cars

i will be away as of the 9th of september til late nov if you dont mind waiting

No problem, cars are still in Japan !

richieelliott
27-08-2005, 10:28 PM
ooooh and i dont know how easy to remove it is but the inside roof vinyl and third reserve on bonnet if i may be so bold

Dream Weaver
28-08-2005, 08:55 PM
oooh and i dont know how easy to remove it is but the inside roof vinyl

Well you will be able to find out as you will be removing it !!!!! :happy:

trox1406
30-08-2005, 05:30 PM
can i put dibs on the front armrest console lids please?

Nick Mann
30-08-2005, 05:47 PM
I would like to scrap my original request for the air con rad. Sorry - have got one elsewhere.

But I would like to put in a request for the second interior roof trim, a beige carpeted boot floor, and a retracting load cover. Ta!

(Mr. Elliot - it is not too difficult to remove, sir!)

richieelliott
30-08-2005, 05:59 PM
retracting load cover
whats one of these?
and if its good i want one too!
possibly carpets if they are nice and two front wings and a rear bumper and a front bumper if they havent gone

richieelliott
30-08-2005, 06:01 PM
(Mr. Elliot - it is not too difficult to remove, sir!)
we will have to go up same day so as you can show an old sailor new tricks nick
/help

Dream Weaver
01-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Right, I have an update on shipping.

After many enquiries both cars will be in the UK on the 17th of October. I need to allow a few days for unloading, customs clearance etc. etc.

So any time after that you can come and buy parts (or even a complete car !). Whoever asks for a part first gets first dibbs. I am first in line for some parts however.

Just to confirm I am importing two 1996 Legnum VR4s as follows:

Trigger mauve 5 speed, runner but NSR suspension damaged rendering it undriveable. Standard velour interior, no MMCS.

Pearl white tiptronic auto, few tiny parking dings but otherwise OK except the engine warning light is on. Discussing this with bigdave last night, this could be something trivial, checking the fault code will reveal more info. when it arrives. Standard velour interior, no MMCS.

Both are planned to be parts cars unless the fault on the white auto is really trivial in which case I may want to sell it on complete.

Dream Weaver
07-09-2005, 02:33 PM
Right as these cars are here next month I have compiled this list from requests posted on here, or PMs.

If any stuff no longer needed or more wanted please let me know.

Front and rear hubs
Driveshafts
Wiring loom
Engine

WODJNO – Front and rear seats and door cards

BAL – Bonnet

PSBARHAM – Strut brace

DAN_G – Roof bars and exhaust downpipes with lambda sensors

Legnum Lad VR4 – VR 4 Badges

John – Front wheelarch liners

Nick Mann – Load cover and headlining

Legnum Boy – Wind deflectors

Michaeli – Clutch and gearbox, aircon pipe & pump, airbox

Vector – Interior bits

Calum – bonnet (You might have to fight BAL for it)

Wirdy - Internal rear view mirror.
OS outer rear lens. (I would prefer to sell them as a pair)
Headlights (1st reserve).

Mitzilongboy – front bumper

Michaeli – throttle body

Sam – front driveshafts, front bumper, load cover, headrests, 2 rear headrests, tweeter covers

Calum – bonnet

Richy rich – Tiptronic box (maybe)

Sydkhan – VR4 badges plus front lights

Richieelliott – engine cover, headlining, bonnet, load cover, carpets, front wings, front and rear bumper

d3x
07-09-2005, 03:27 PM
damnit, I new there was something else I was gonna ask for. If still available, can I have the other set of front wheel arch liners, one of mine is missing..

Cheers geez.

Dream Weaver
07-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Your name is on the list !

d3x
07-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Your name is on the list !

http://www.geocities.com/asci_white_uk/worship2.gif

You star, I'm trying not to be too greedy. Unlike BigDave!! lol

enigma
07-09-2005, 04:10 PM
http://www.geocities.com/asci_white_uk/worship2.gif

You star, I'm trying not to be too greedy. Unlike BigDave!! lol

I may still buy an entire car........parts will be available though ;)

Wodjno
07-09-2005, 07:45 PM
Can you take me off the list for the Fake Wood Trim.. /Hmmm
Already aquired some .. /yes
Scavengers at the READY :leer:

Dream Weaver
07-09-2005, 08:15 PM
wodjno - you have been removed.

MR.VOODOO
08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
can i have the rear view mirror and the sun shades/visors ?

how much ?

Dream Weaver
08-09-2005, 01:30 PM
MR.VOODOO - no problem but no idea on prices until I have the cars at my home and I have paid the shipping company, shipping agent and customs.

All (but mainly Bigdave) - slight change of plan. I am probably going to have the gearbox out of the white auto as I am considering keeping mine auto.

If I do this, then the five speed gearbox and parts for conversion will be available out of the trigegr mauve one.

adam_shaw
08-09-2005, 01:45 PM
If you're gonna end up with two cars, can I get dibs on the second set of;

under engine/transmission plastic sump guard / dirt & bolt catcher thingy
wheel arch liners

Just gonna have to see when I can get to you...... it's a bit of a trek from Germany.

zedy1
08-09-2005, 09:26 PM
why isnt my name on the list :thinking:

Brunty
08-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Can i have the better looking engine cover please as mines looking shabby ....

Sure. I only wanted a sh1tty one anyway :inquisiti

:thumbsup:

Mr. D Weaver - I may ask for the air con rad that Nick no longer needs - need to investigate the problem first.

Dream Weaver
09-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Brunty

Sorry I get confused with all the PMs and requests. As I said in the first thread, first to ask for something gets the part. NP on the aircon.

Zedy1

Get that dud gearbox back from Xtreme, pay me back what you owe me and your name will be on the list.

All

The car I thought was trigger mauve is actually a dark blue colour if it makes any difference.

Also I can't give any prices yet so please don't ask. Until the cars are on my drive and I have paid ALL the charges I don't know what to charge. As I said in my first thread, I'm not doing this to make a profit but I don't want to make a loss either.

I will be stuck with a load of unwanted stuff and it wouldn't be much fun seeing the scrap mans lorry taking two picked over carcasses away that might still owe me a grand or more.

zedy1
09-09-2005, 09:16 AM
i spoke to extreme and they told me the gearbox was split open to swap the bits over, this gearbox was 100% inn working order, i called extreme several times and they didnt give me a genuine explanation why the gearbox was opened open. no second hand part dealer will pay you back if you start to open the parts to look inside. however if you could give me my gearbox back inn the same condition then i will refund you. you stll owe me £100 for the throttle body. if you dont want to sell me anything then that is your loss and not mine, i have loads of vr4 spares here already but just wanted to be part of this to help you out if you havent sold the remaing bits or one complete car. if you decide to sell me a complete car i could collect it from the docks and savce abit on recovery/transportation. if you need to chat to me my number is 07815886478

Alan Ames
09-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Do you still have the plastic bit under the front spoiler and the other plastic bit that goes around the exhaust at the back. Also I could do with the gearbox, fag lighter, clock and the interior should it just happen to be black leather.

Dream Weaver
10-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Zedy - that is the first time anyone has told me the gearbox was split open. Simon told me they attempted to alloy weld the damage on the gearbox you supplied, and when that failed they had mine rebuilt. He also told me yours was there for you to collect.

As for the condition of the box, when they fitted it and tried it out Simon said "it was pissing oil out". That is why they tried to alloy weld it.

I will speak to them on Monday to get to the bottom of this.

As for the £100 for the throttle body, I was under the impression that you told me that was being funded from the money I paid for the damaged gearbox.

Do you still have the plastic bit under the front spoiler and the other plastic bit that goes around the exhaust at the back. Also I could do with the gearbox, fag lighter, clock and the interior should it just happen to be black leather.

Frot plastic bit is missing on both cars, gearbox - auto or manual ?, fag lighter and clock are unclaimed as yet (I think). Interior is not leather.

Dream Weaver
20-09-2005, 11:50 AM
I have now acquired yet another Legnum !!!

I was not happy about breaking the better one of the two I was getting so found one with accident damage so the white tiptronic is for sale "on the boat" and I will be breaking this damaged one (Tioptronic) as well as the blue 5 speed.

This one has a tan leather interior and as its a low mileage car it is in very good condition.

So if anyone fancies it, let me know prior to the arrival of this one (probably in 6-8 weeks time)

zafUK
20-09-2005, 12:09 PM
I have now acquired yet another Legnum !!!

I was not happy about breaking the better one of the two I was getting so found one with accident damage so the white tiptronic is for sale "on the boat" and I will be breaking this damaged one (Tioptronic) as well as the blue 5 speed.

This one has a tan leather interior and as its a low mileage car it is in very good condition.

So if anyone fancies it, let me know prior to the arrival of this one (probably in 6-8 weeks time)

so what yopur looking for it nige, can you give me a callon 07815886478

ghanda
20-09-2005, 12:19 PM
The Trigger Mauve rear bumper and drivers Mirror if they're still available please (Obviously the bumper would need to be in vgc - but do you know if the Suspension damage has affected it?)

Many thaaks

Gary

Kieran
20-09-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm desperate for the piece of tan interior trim that goes beneath the steering column. Mine has been butchered to take a Turbo timer and looks a right mess! I can exhange with my original one, but it's untidy.

Dream Weaver
20-09-2005, 12:33 PM
so what yopur looking for it

for the leather interior or the car ?

The Trigger Mauve rear bumper and drivers Mirror

sorry it dark blue, not trigger mauve, my bad eyes and/or crap monitor in work.......

Dream Weaver
20-09-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm desperate for the piece of tan interior trim that goes beneath the steering column.

I don't really want to pick off odd bits as its often hard to shift sets of parts (like interiors) when its incomplete.

Anyway its a 45000 kilometre so the interior is in very good condition so don't want to substitute a scabby replacement either.

Couldn't you get an offcut of leather and retrim your part ?

ghanda
20-09-2005, 12:39 PM
Ah. OK - What's the condition like, or will you have to wait till it turns up? (will still need the drivers mirror motor though)

Dream Weaver
20-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Best i can do right now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/nige999/legnums/1000.jpg

ghanda
20-09-2005, 02:51 PM
LOL - you sure it's not Mauve?!
(I'll have to try and imagine the state of the rear bumper :))

Dream Weaver
20-09-2005, 03:30 PM
LOL - you sure it's not Mauve?!
(I'll have to try and imagine the state of the rear bumper :))

Oh before anyone comes on here and says they have first dibbs on it, I do have a waiting list for parts so the bumpers might already be spoken for.

I need to check and see.

Kieran
20-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Couldn't you get an offcut of leather and retrim your part ?

Err.... It's the plastic bit under the steering column! It's not got leather on it! :rolleyes4

BUT..... You have given me an idea..... /Hmmm

Dream Weaver
20-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Err.... It's the plastic bit under the steering column! It's not got leather on it! :rolleyes4

BUT..... You have given me an idea..... /Hmmm

dunno, I don't have a car with leather. Except hopefully one in Japan.

Anyway the interior from that is provisionally sold.

Dream Weaver
27-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Right folks, a major shift of plans on this lot.

I have found yet another donor car in Japan which has been sideswiped so a better candidate for my purposes than the first two I found.

The one I have found has a lower mileage engine than mine, which I want as a spare, and the Tiptronic gearbox and transfer box are needed to replace the defective items in my car. It seemed a shame to break the undamaged white one I had sold just for the bits I need.

As I really don't have the time or resources to handle the first two I have decided to sell them both to someone who does, namely Mo.

I am not sure if he is going to break them both and that is up to him obviously.

But anyone who has asked me about any parts, please let Mo know of your requirements and I am sure he will sort you out sometime after the boat arrives on the 17th.

Sorry for the change of plans.

raza
24-07-2006, 06:08 PM
hi i have a 1991 vr4 and need the ecu would it be the same model no md105427 or do you know of any one who has one thx

Kieran
24-07-2006, 08:07 PM
hi i have a 1991 vr4 and need the ecu would it be the same model no md105427 or do you know of any one who has one thx

It's not the same - the 1996-on VR-4s use a different engine, with two extra cylinders, so it wouldn't work.

You *might* get lucky with a Lancer EVO 1-3 unit - maybe try the MLR? But I'm guessing here.

You could also try www.galantvr4.org - That's a US site, but it's devoted to the same shape VR-4 as yours.... They may be able to advise if there are any good alternatives to the OEM one.:happy: