PDA

View Full Version : What wheels

ReggieK
23-08-2003, 02:12 PM
Hi y'all,

Found a VR4 on the exchange & mart website it's a 1998 S for 9,995.

Dunno how to post a link to it but if anyone can be bothered please go to www.ixm.co.uk and do a search for it in their used car section.

Have a look at the wheels on it. They are not standard are they?

Rest of car seems quite pukka, but those wheels.....Cry1:

Cheers

Nick VR4
23-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by ReggieK
Hi y'all,

Found a VR4 on the exchange & mart website it's a 1998 S for 9,995.

Dunno how to post a link to it but if anyone can be bothered please go to www.ixm.co.uk and do a search for it in their used car section.

Have a look at the wheels on it. They are not standard are they?

Rest of car seems quite pukka, but those wheels.....Cry1:

Cheers

Yeap looks ok ,
the wheels do look diffrent but can remember if they are orignal or not now for a 98

Brind
23-08-2003, 03:20 PM
Is this the one?

1998INSERT INTO post VALUES (S) MITSUBISHI GALANT Vr4, 32000 miles, £9,995, Metallic Blue, Automatic, Turbo, Full History, ABS, CD Player, 4 Wheel Drive, Air Conditioning, Stereo, Electric Windows, Central Locking, Power Assisted Steering, Alloy Wheels, Warranty, Remote Central Locking, Electric Mirrors, Immobiliser, 5 Speed Tiptronic Auto. Twin Turbo, 280bhp.Excellent condition inside and out. Warranty until December INSERT INTO post VALUES (2003)
http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/search/photo_resize.php?photofile=http://www.exchangeandmart.co.uk/verity/photo/internetcars/ixmcars32323.jpg

Those wheels are usual of grey import VR-4's.
The wheels that on UK spec later models are/or similer to those used on the Galant 'Sport'.

Brind
23-08-2003, 03:22 PM
As long as this 'Warranty' is good and it appears and drives good go for it.

Nick VR4
23-08-2003, 03:26 PM
and make sure the service book is valid and upto date

Its alot easier to get a extended warrenty around £264 for the year with Red Zebra

ReggieK
23-08-2003, 06:51 PM
Couple of questions raised by your replies....

** Nick - when you mentioned a "valid" service book what do you mean. Uptodate I understand, but valid.

** Are the Grey Imports worth less than the Ralliart versions then? Am I likely to run into dealer-servicing problems?

** Have I misunderstood you, if I buy this car are you saying I can buy a warranty from Red Zebra?? Seems a little strange.

Grey import aside, horrible wheels. Yuk.

What is the wheel fixing patten for the VR4.....

4 or 5 stud
PCD
Offset

Spirit
23-08-2003, 09:01 PM
Reggie

Did you see my post on your Running Costs thread ? There is a V reg one for £12500 come up for sale in the For Sale/Wanted section and it's only down in Reading so not far for you.

In terms of dealer servicing it is no harder to get an import serviced than a Ralliart version.

The wheels on the VR4 are 5 stud, 114.3 PCD, 67mm Centre Bore and I have seen offsets from +38 to +46 used by various people.

Pete

zedy1
23-08-2003, 09:50 PM
yep they wheels are defently sandard seems like a good buy

Brind
23-08-2003, 10:15 PM
The first Ralliart imports 1999 can be had for around £12,000 £13,000 like mine but once you hit 2001+ I hope you have VERY deep pockets!

Grey or official, Mitsubishi WILL service them, some have said they can't connect the diagnostic machine to them but whether that was true I don't know.

As far as I know you can obtain a warranty from Mitsubishi for an import as long as it undergoes an extensive check to verify it's worthy of their standards... CHECK FIRST I could be wrong.

As Pete says, there is a V reg in the For Sale/Wanted section.

Nick VR4
25-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Some dealers wont touch Grey imports
I think its up to the dealer to decide
My dealer sells Mits and Scoobys and wont touch a grey import

and yes I mean a service history pref with servicing being done by a Mits garage not some back street bogit and bungle Machanic