PDA

View Full Version : AutoWatch G5 GSM Communicator (Phones you when alarm goes off)

Sulli
27-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I have one of these for sale, with original receipt, instructions, all wiring and aerial.
All it needs is a sim card in it, connect it to your alarm, and your away - every time your alarm goes off it calls whatever number you put in the sim card - usually best to just save two numbers on card.
In full working order, £300 new.
This is a very good and handy peice of kit.
Was fitted to a Clifford 300, so links in with them easy enough, but I think will link into most alarms - standard connections and instruction, wiring loom diagram etc.

I'm asking £150 ono.

SGHOM
27-07-2005, 09:50 PM
bl00dy 'eck !!
it's bad enough the alarm waking you up, but a phone call also !! /Hmmm :zzz: :zzz: think i'd rather sleep ! :embarasse

Sulli
27-07-2005, 09:52 PM
Good if your car isn't always parked outside though ;)

Sulli
29-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Offers on this?
No use to me - must be to someone....

strapping young lad
29-07-2005, 08:40 PM
am very tempted actually

will it fit to any alarm?

Sulli
29-07-2005, 08:53 PM
It was fitted to a Clifford 300, and was a matter of just disconnecting 2 wires.
All connections, and connecting block are there, plus wiring diagram.

Here's a bit from the instructions:

"The G5 is added to existing alarm or trigger input systems and is aimed at the re-transmission of an alarm condition via GSM".....

In alarm condition: (meaning current or ground through wires 4 and 5 for at leats 3 seconds) the system proceeds as follows:
it calls the first three numbers on the sim card until two successful connections are made to each number.

Etc. etc.

Installation:
1. Cancel the sim card pin code using another mobile phone
2. Memorise one, two or three numbers on the sim
3. Install sim in holder
4. Connect G5 system RED wire (pin no.8) to vehicle +12v/24Vdc permanent power supply and BLACK wire (pin no.7) to a good chassis earth
5. Connect the G% trigger imnput to the existing anti-theft alarm trigger output (eg. siren or designated output) and check that:
a) the alarm trigger signal is present for at leats 3 seconds
b)If the installed vehicle alarm supplies a negative trigger in alarm condition, connect the ORANGE wire (pin no.5) to the permanent 12v/24Vdc and the WHITE wire (pin no.4) to the alarm trigger output
c)If the installed vehicle alarm supplies a positive in alarm condition, connect the WHITE wire (pin no.4) to vehicle chassis earth and the ORANGE wire (pin no.5) to the alarm positive output

Basically, find your alarm control unit, and connect as above.

I would guess most, if not all alarms, have similar connections/signals, and will integrate with this. An auto electrician will probably fit for a few quid, or you can get a voltmeter thingy and do it yourself - seems fairly easy.

psbarham
29-07-2005, 10:33 PM
how much were you thinking of?

Sulli
29-07-2005, 10:34 PM
£150 ono.