PDA

View Full Version : mods

am2801
28-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Got bog standard 1.8 (non-injection) twin carb I feel it needs a little more tlc than the previous owner gave it. I'm sure I saved it from the scrappers just in time. So to breathe new life into it I gave it a set of 15''s with new avons, a rear spoiler, a private plate, the parking and trolley dints were sorted, a good old t-cut + polish, magnatec oil, I could go on for days!!! However now I believe the engine needs some mods but all the young lads at car spares shops either don't want to help or don't have a clue what a GALANT is. All I want to know is can I induction/turbo it and if so have I got to change the head and add injs?

ritch_w
28-07-2005, 06:11 PM
evo engine will slot right in - there was a 6G VR-4 which had the same engine as the Evo 1 - 3

for1.8 engine start with the basics - probably freeflowing exhaust, cone filter with a good cold air feed etc etc :thumbsup:

am2801
28-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Cheers mate! I'll try basics, i've already uprated back box it was all I could afford at the time.My other arf has had a good laugh cos he's got mondeo 2.5 v6(traitor) and you can do anything you want to that. Who knows he might even dip in his pocket now!!! As for evo engine I defo can't afford that. Ta for top tip.

Big Ian
03-08-2005, 03:54 PM
My other arf has had a good laugh cos he's got mondeo 2.5 v6(traitor) and you can do anything you want to that.
:rolleyes4 ........yip you can even BLOW them up easier too /yes

do as Ritch has said get it breathing well first also for abit more grunt :leer: try ebay.com (USA) as they do more for your model's engine size than here in the UK
or as it's a non injection, you could see if webber have a fitment for a pair of 40/40 carb's as these will give you the best for fuel/air.......and power :thumbsup: (not cheap though :sad3: )

SAFETY FIRST /yes
dont forget you'll need to stop better and handel better to cope most power up-grade's.....
Good Luck :thumbsup:

am2801
03-08-2005, 08:06 PM
:rolleyes4 ........yip you can even BLOW them up easier too /yes

do as Ritch has said get it breathing well first also for abit more grunt :leer: try ebay.com (USA) as they do more for your model's engine size than here in the UK
or as it's a non injection, you could see if webber have a fitment for a pair of 40/40 carb's as these will give you the best for fuel/air.......and power :thumbsup: (not cheap though :sad3: )

SAFETY FIRST /yes
dont forget you'll need to stop better and handel better to cope most power up-grade's.....
Good Luck :thumbsup:

I wouldn't race him for log books!!!! It's dead quick but boring, at least with my old gal you have to drive and you can take it to 4500 - 5000 b4 changing. will give my mechanic your tip, but apparently it's an aisan carb. got any good website addresses 4 body kit bits. I'm not having much luck!!!!!
thanx /Hmmm