PDA

View Full Version : Chris Variava, Nottingham

Kieran
30-07-2005, 12:14 AM
This is likely to turn into a vitriol-infused rant. And I don't care!!

Right.

If you want parts.... Richard Baker (Parts Manager) and Andy (can't remember the second name) are absolute stars. They're really helpful, efficient and friendly. Also got plenty of time to chat, and often pass on helpful tips, such as telling one FTO owner who was there the previous time I visited, that the belt-squeal noise wasn't his belts, but a design fault with the bottom pulley - saving him a few bob.

If you want service, or recall information.... FORGET IT. The last straw came today, when I turned up to get a few bits for my Legnum and to book in for the Balljoint recall. As usual, the parts guys were on the ball - in fact, they saw me pull into the car park, and by the time I got to the parts counter, they had the oil and ATF filter on the counter for me. It doesn't get much better than that!!

Feeling very happy, I then went into the service desks to inquire about the balljoint recall.... Well, thats where (as ber bl00dy usual) everything went downhill.

Firstly, despite the fact that the Mitsubishi Japan website shows that my balljoint recall is still outstanding, they didn't have any info on *their* system.

Secondly (having anticipated this problem) I asked if they would just check it out, and if they needed doing, then we can talk to mitsubishi UK - Answer: NO!!/grr

So then I told them about the Mitsubishi Japan website, linked from our club... "you can show me what you like, it makes no difference" /grr /grr

"Well, can you contact Colt Cars in Cirencester to confirm?"

"No, that's YOUR job."

Basically, despite the fact that it's a safety recall, they won't lift a finger unless they will get paid. I can understand their position, but the fact that they don't have good enough communications with Mitsubishi Japan really isn't my problem, surely? That's for them to sort out!!

So in summary.

I will contact Colt Cars on Monday. I have no Axe to grind with them.

Variava's will still get business from me in terms of service parts, etc., as I have no quarrel there either.

After several fumbled jobs ( you may remember my 90,000 GLS service as an example), the staff in their service Department can go and shove a very large pineapple up their collective arses.

Ah, that's better!!

am2801
02-08-2005, 01:43 PM
can I just say I boght my car privately from a lad that works at C.V.
1st thing I had 2 do was have it tuned and cam belt realigned (it had a new 1 the week b4 fitted at C.V. ) it was out 4degrees.
I do have several other rants but I can't say in public.
However the part staff are stars I do agree

Kieran
02-08-2005, 01:45 PM
can I just say I boght my car privately from a lad that works at C.V.
1st thing I had 2 do was have it tuned and cam belt realigned (it had a new 1 the week b4 fitted at C.V. ) it was out 4degrees.
I do have several other rants but I can't say in public.
However the part staff are stars I do agree

When you're set up as a full member, you will have access to non-public forums to rant away, as I have too - it's not the first time their "Service" has been abysmal!

I would be interested to hear what other stories you have!! :inquisiti

Brunty
02-08-2005, 03:16 PM
I will contact Colt Cars on Monday. I have no Axe to grind with them.

If you haven't already got it Jimbo's done a post with a number for Matt at customer services Mitsubishi. He was a great help to Jimbo, myself and a few others when it comes to finding out about recall details.

Didn't Nick do the recall stuff already?

Kieran
02-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Didn't Nick do the recall stuff already?

Well.... Funny you should say that! Up untill 2 days ago, the Mitsubishi Japan site said that the recall hadn't been carried out.

But now it does?!?!

Nick, did you take it in for it's bottom arm recall?

Oh, and on a second note, when I keyed in my Chassis number again, there's a new recall listed, regarding the fan condenser assembly behind the glove box - it can be caught by a passenger's foot, which dislodges some wiring and can cause something to melt.... Or something? Anyone heard of this??

Nick Mann
02-08-2005, 04:35 PM
When I checked it on the re-call site, it said it was all okay? That was end of last year, thoough. The air con thing is a new one, I think. A couple have cought fire, and one injured the passengers legs or something. Can't remember the details.

I did not even show the car to a Mitsubishi dealer when I had it. :embarasse

Brunty
02-08-2005, 04:38 PM
it can be caught by a passenger's foot, which dislodges some wiring and can cause something to melt.... Or something? Anyone heard of this??

Didn't WODJNO have some smoke from the passengers footwell in the Mrs car?

Physician
04-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Kieran,

I get on quite well with Variava's in Leicester. In particular, their Service Manager was very helpful on a number occasions.

A couple of months ago I heard that he had been moved to Variava in Nottingham. I don't know the reason for this move nor, indeed, if he is now the Service Manager in Nottingham or in another position.

His name is Phil Skinner if you want to ask for him - mention my name if you wish and say I spoke highly of him (it may get you a few privileges - you never know.)

Rich

RED
04-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Kieran,

I get on quite well with Variava's in Leicester. In particular, their Service Manager was very helpful on a number occasions.

A couple of months ago I heard that he had been moved to Variava in Nottingham. I don't know the reason for this move nor, indeed, if he is now the Service Manager in Nottingham or in another position.

His name is Phil Skinner if you want to ask for him - mention my name if you wish and say I spoke highly of him (it may get you a few privileges - you never know.)

Rich

Can't complain about their customer service they were very good - shame those working on my car weren't as good. They nearly cost me an AYC diff /pan

Paul Beazer
07-08-2005, 12:47 PM
K do you have the web address for the Jap recall site? Does it apply only to imports or uk cars also??
Cheers

Physician
07-08-2005, 01:05 PM
K do you have the web address for the Jap recall site? Does it apply only to imports or uk cars also??
Cheers

Here ya go Paul:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.nz/jade/jadehttp.dll?Recall_Search

Smokinmasta2
07-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Here ya go Paul:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.nz/jade/jadehttp.dll?Recall_Search

Is that for everything Rich? only comes up for active stability recall search???

Smokin...................

bernmc
07-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Jap site: http://u-cfc.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/Recall/resultrecallstatus.do

run it through bablefish to make sense of it all.

Sulli
08-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Seems to be a common theme with Mitsi service depts - Oak Tree Coventry were the same, couldn't be bothered getting off their fat arses to further investigate the very same issue for me - had to do it all myself - when I did, and told them, they got all arsey, and I had to get them to call Mitsi Technical (they need to speak to Technical, not Customer Services to confirm balljoint and other recall info) - nearly got to the stage of writing to the MD there.
Like Keiran I got irate, and after explaining to the service manager that this was a saftey issue, that they'd initially given me incorrect info on, and weren;t disposed to following my query up, particularly as I take my young child in the car - his attitude almost got him a broken nose /grr
The word 'service' is obviously foreign to Mitsi franchises.
I await an instant where one of us approaches a dealership, they say it's not subject to recall, said part fails, and massive lawsuit follows.

Physician
09-08-2005, 01:38 AM
The word 'service' is obviously foreign to Mitsi franchises.
I await an instant where one of us approaches a dealership, they say it's not subject to recall, said part fails, and massive lawsuit follows.

This is a copy of a letter I sent to Mitsubishi HQ in Cirencester in October. The response was immediate and positive with the parts arriving in the UK within a week of my letter.

Attention: The Managing Director

Dear Sir,

Having already visited my local Mitsubishi dealer (Leicester) and written to your service department without any action (since the beginning of August) I am sorry to have to bring this matter to the attention of your office.
You will note from the attached photocopy that my Galant VR4 (Imported) is one of a number that needs the ASC mending or replacing and that Mitsubishi have advised that the car should not be driven in the meantime.
I believe that some 8 weeks is more than enough time to have this fault rectified and I would now like some action. The consequences for Mitsubishi, let alone myself and other road users, should an accident occur due to a known fault are considerable.
I would appreciate your intervention and to ask one of your staff to respond to this matter within seven days.
Thankyou.

Yours faithfuly,

Richard Davies
Encl: Mitsubishi recall database details
Cc: Andrew M Ford Solicitors (Ref telecon 4/10/04)

Smokinmasta2
09-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Jap site: http://u-cfc.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/Recall/resultrecallstatus.do

run it through bablefish to make sense of it all.

The car of the customer was decided as the objectvehicleof the below-mentioned item.

Number Contents Classification Notification day
(Target date) Execution circumstance
1 Front suspension of 3 models such as 繧ョ繝」繝ゥ繝ウ and 繝ャ繧ー繝翫Β (the lower arm) about Recall 2003/11/20 Work performance end
2 About ASC of 繧ョ繝」繝ゥ繝ウ and the 繝ャ繧ー繝翫Β VR-4 series Recall 2001/11/08 Work performance end
3 4 models such as 繧ョ繝」繝ゥ繝ウ and 繝ャ繧ー繝翫Β (the 4WD car) about the fuel tank Recall 2000/07/26 Work performance end

It does to apply annoyance truly, concerning the customer who is "job unexecuted" item, but please request gratuitous repair job to the dealership or the nearby dealership which you purchase. Furthermore, because there is arrangement and the like of the part, that communication it receives the circumstances of the customer beforehand at the dealership, we ask.
* Note After the recall improvement measure service campaign work performance, there are times when 2 weeks or more it is required for being reflected on the search result.

Recall improvement measure service campaign
Recall
When it has been a possibility the automobile stopping conforming to the safety standards of road haulage vehicle method or when it has not conformed, when to process of the design or production there is cause, notifying the effect to the national traffic ministry, you communicate to the customer of use, it is gratuitous and it is the system which is repaired.

Improvement measure
The automobile is not nonconformance state in safety standards of road haulage vehicle method, but when with respect to safety or in regard to prevention of public nuisances is a possibility of becoming not be able to leave, to process of the design or production there is the cause of that, notifying the effect to the national traffic ministry, you communicate to the customer of use, it is gratuitous and it is the system which is repaired.

Service campaign
Because it does not correspond to the recall and improvement measure, it is the system which is based on the communication of the national traffic ministry with the gratuitous repair repair which the manufacturer does independently for commodity characteristic improvement.

ERRRRRR, does this mean it's been done then???

John.

bernmc
09-08-2005, 06:54 PM
You silly twisted boy - eat more rice!

Yes, the stuff has been done. Says 'job unexecuted' rather than 'work performance end' if it hasn't been done.

Smokinmasta2
09-08-2005, 07:32 PM
:chugchug:

Ta, Must improve my babelfish translations :inquisiti
'Work performance end ' !!!!????

Smokin.............