PDA

View Full Version : iv just screwed up help me ....

Bal
30-07-2005, 02:01 PM
ok 7am i get in the car to come home but i conveniently reversed it into my neighbours truck.

my cars moderatly ok but his ... here's the shocker.

the guy builds corvettes for a living so the truck is a 1999 GMC Sonoma, he just had a quote done by his boys and its come back as £1000 for new fitment of a door skin.

crap crap crap.

we were planning not to go through the insurance but mines gonna cos £200 and if his is £1000 then im gonna end up paying £1200 in total so screw it time to call teh insurance company.

but .... with admiral when can you protect your no claims ??? i only had another couple of months and i would have 4 years NCB - which is when i believe i could protect it.

anyone got any ideas.

the other thing - anyone got any sources for GMC parts - need a door skin for the rear suicide door.

strapping young lad
30-07-2005, 03:42 PM
google?

also there is a magazine in some shops called classic american which i believe covers the cars made by uncle sam, its probably in the wh smiths of this world more than the corner shop though.

if its not got what you want it wiill have contacts to ring for info.. better than owt though

bernmc
30-07-2005, 06:43 PM
mmm 4 years NCB on a leggie =40% - must be worth around 500 squid...

Anyway, the incident has happened, so if you're not protected, you won't be able to protect it.

Worth thinking about paying out of your own pocket still - it'll take another 4 years at 500ish a year(not strictly accurate, but you get the idea) to get back to where you are now, and you'll still have to pay your excess on the claim.

Bite the bullet and cough up. Demand three quotes though.

andy43
30-07-2005, 08:29 PM
If your neighbour is an ok kind of guy, offer to pay for his repairs now, and /Hmmm ahem, cough, claim in, oooh, say, a couple of months once that NCB is protected.
If 'his' company is fixing his car, I'd get an independant repair quote as well, just to doublecheck he's not overcharging himself /yes

Grinder
30-07-2005, 09:21 PM
Bad news that, sorry to hear it. Jeez in the US you could prob source a used door, just need fittings transferred & painting. It HAS to be worth searching around to see if one is available.

enigma
30-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Been there done that

£2000 out of my own pocket to repair my mates dads car, and £400 to repair mine.

Your pride may heal one day.

Wodjno
31-07-2005, 11:46 PM
ok 7am i get in the car to come home but i conveniently reversed it into my neighbours truck.

my cars moderatly ok but his ... here's the shocker.

the guy builds corvettes for a living so the truck is a 1999 GMC Sonoma, he just had a quote done by his boys and its come back as £1000 for new fitment of a door skin.

crap crap crap.

we were planning not to go through the insurance but mines gonna cos £200 and if his is £1000 then im gonna end up paying £1200 in total so screw it time to call teh insurance company.

but .... with admiral when can you protect your no claims ??? i only had another couple of months and i would have 4 years NCB - which is when i believe i could protect it.
Can you get a part number ??
anyone got any ideas.

the other thing - anyone got any sources for GMC parts - need a door skin for the rear suicide door.

Can you get a part number ??

Bal
01-08-2005, 09:03 AM
trying to find out part numbers, did some insurance quotes and my premium will go up £100 if i claim. I cant protect my NCB this year becuase of an incident i had at the beginning of the year, even though there was no claim :( .

So simply can either pay out of my own pocket (£1200 + which i dont have) or go through insurance and leave it with them. I can then get my car totally sorted ...