View Full Version : AIR/FUEL ratio for 1992 e84a

gtr2gtst
01-08-2005, 06:59 AM
does any know how to hook up a AIR/FUEL ratio
on a 1992 vr4

jerryd_33
02-08-2005, 11:42 PM
Hi my Friend,
firstly if your car has got the 2 liter (EVO) type engine then you need to join www.lancerregister.com to get the exact pin diagram for that type of engine. But other than that you should hook one wire up to the O2 on the ECU and the other 1 or 2 are the power wires.
Hope this gives you a good direction to do the work your self.
Cheers and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!
Gerald.

kitefighter
03-08-2005, 12:30 AM
The E84A VR-4 is the V6 Twin Turbo, not the earlier 4G63 4 cylinder model that became the Lancer Evo engine, so the Lancer Register won't be able to help.

I haven't got the technical skills to help I'm afraid. My local garage could do it, but they're magicians and work on Ferraris, Porsche etc. You could try Extreme Automobiles in Dudley as they work on VR-4s all the time (including mine on occasion).

jerryd_33
04-08-2005, 12:46 AM
I see, E84A is V6 TT. would that be the 2.0 V6 then?
Anyway, if you visit any site like Apexi.com or Greddy.com they should have some listing of your cars ECU pin diagram.

Gerald. :thumbsup:

ako
07-08-2005, 05:14 AM
Or the easier method which I did half an hour ago :)

Pull off the kick panel on the passengers side of the centre console. In there, you'll find a rubber cable with some wires in it, going to a plug. Two wires are white, one black, one blue. The feed for your A/F gauge is the BLUE WIRE.

Easy :)

The gauge will swing round all over the place whenever you're at idle / cruising, full throttle it should swing round to the fully rich side, on decell it should go off.

zentac
07-08-2005, 08:53 AM
but if you havn`t already done so dont buy one as they are a waste of time and money and no good for tuning a car, you need a wide band lambda sensor and drive/reader to get accurate enough readings to do ANY tuning.

ako
08-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Oh thats a given, the things useful for 2 things in my books... Checking my 02 sensor actually worked fine, and giving me a quick warning if somethings gone horribly wrong like forgetting to plug my FPR back in or something. I wouldn't actually pay for one of these gauges - I got mine free for getting someones car going again and figured it'd look pretty :P