PDA

View Full Version : replacement springs ...

Bal
03-08-2005, 03:08 PM
k im off to the states on friday and the only thing im gonna get for the car is some lowering springs (figure if they £100 here ill probably get them for £50 over there).

but when i look most companies state these are for the v6 model or the vr4.

as i have a gls iv seen some for the 4 cylinder 97 onwards (which im guessing is me) but wouldnt the v6 ones fit my car??

just need a little advice so i dont buy the wrong thing whilst there.

B

Big Ian
03-08-2005, 04:05 PM
Bal......quite a hard question to answer /Hmmm
my mate bought lower spring's (Pi) for his 2ltr estate and on the box it had both 2ltr & V6 within the fitting list? (same list code)
but the USA version Galant might be a heavier car due to thier larger bumper's that cover larger protective metal bar's to our's in the UK......on a spur of the moment answer i'd say....buy UK one's in the UK that are stated for a 2ltr saloon /Hmmm

Bal
03-08-2005, 04:57 PM
shoot good point. ill see what they say.

Kieran
03-08-2005, 05:27 PM
The front strut on the US galants is different in design. I doubt that the springs will fit correctly.

Paul Beazer
03-08-2005, 09:54 PM
The front strut on the US galants is different in design. I doubt that the springs will fit correctly.

How do you know such wisdom, oh wise sagely ginger??? :thumbsup:
(Please dont take offence at the G word, im open to abuse too if you feel like returning it!)

Kieran
03-08-2005, 10:36 PM
How do you know such wisdom, oh wise sagely ginger??? :thumbsup:
(Please dont take offence at the G word, im open to abuse too if you feel like returning it!)

I take no offence at the G word Paul! I am proud of my Heritage! :smug:

I was looking at air-suspension at one stage, as I found somewhere to get a kit pretty cheaply - This was before I got H&Rs and Bilsteins for my V6 Sport, you see. Problem was that the front bags wouldn't have seated properly, as the strut height and spring mounts are different. So that was that!

strapping young lad
03-08-2005, 11:22 PM
the problem you have with air suspension is the possibility of leakage and sagging (as the airbags will stretch..

bit of an issue on range rovers :S

Bal
17-11-2005, 06:22 PM
http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl.asp?Vehicle=MTGAL01&PartType=SUP01

PI-47-027-40 - am i right in thinking these are the ones i want??

my missus is ordering them for me for my birthday and she wants to know a link ... plus do we get discount with NFS ??

Kieran
17-11-2005, 06:33 PM
the problem you have with air suspension is the possibility of leakage and sagging (as the airbags will stretch..

I haven't given up with this - Mainly because air suspension gives a ride quality like no other.... Well, if that UZZ31 Toyota Soarer 4.0GT-L I tried was a good yardstick..... Oh, now there's a super luxo-barge hubba-hubba mobile!!

pezza
17-11-2005, 07:01 PM
http://www.needforspeed.co.uk/pages/sbv_pl.asp?Vehicle=MTGAL01&PartType=SUP01

PI-47-027-40 - am i right in thinking these are the ones i want??

my missus is ordering them for me for my birthday and she wants to know a link ... plus do we get discount with NFS ??

Yep seems the right ones to me m8... Watch how those wheels suddenly look larger than 17s once those springs go on! Shud be good! :thumbsup:

Not sure about about NFS discount maybe try it on and see if they do..

Have you checked motorsport world too?

Bal
18-11-2005, 11:16 AM
P,

no i havent, i'll try them now and then we'll see.

muhahah the biatch has been waiting to be lowered and now she is

Bal
22-11-2005, 05:06 PM
right ... she's booked in for Dec 20th to get springs in ... which happens to be my birthday :)

exciting times in the birdy camp.