PDA

View Full Version : Legnum VR-4 for £1000 !

Dream Weaver
04-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Only thing is, its in Japan.

Tau have it, same company that I got my parts car from. 80K odd miles, tiptronic in pearl white.

http://www.tau-net.co.jp/defaultMall/sitemap/XTMyCarDetail-Used.jsp?GoodsNo=060872

Please, someone buy it before I do. :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

If someone does, it could come over in a container with mine.

strapping young lad
04-08-2005, 04:57 PM
how much is shipping?

Dream Weaver
04-08-2005, 05:08 PM
1. Road transport and misc. fees in Japan £280 (approx. depending on Yen to £ exchange rate). This is paid to TAU along with the cost of the car within a few days of them accepting your offer.

2. Shipping to Liverpool £715 (also approx depending on exchange rate). I think this includes dock handling fees and agents fees in Liverpool. This is paid on arrival.

3. Duty at 10% on cost of car plus 1 and 2 above

4. Then VAT on the cost of car + 1 and 2 + plus the duty they have just charged !!!

Of course you also have SVA, MOT test and registration cost to add on. Not forgetting your banks charges for the SWIFT money transfer.

TAU will listen to offers if they is no one else interested in the car. They seem to be easy to deal with. I have only used email for comms but very good English. But they do expect your payment for the car and the Japanese road transport fees paid promptly by SWIFT.

Kieran
04-08-2005, 05:10 PM
Does this change if you bring the car across for 'parts'? :inquisiti

Dream Weaver
04-08-2005, 05:14 PM
If its running and drivable HM C&E would take a very dim view of it being brought it for parts.

Anyway they would have to supply you with a certificate to enable it to be registered at the DVLA.

So no full duty and VAT paid, no registration.

Kieran
04-08-2005, 05:16 PM
If its running and drivable HM C&E would take a very dim view of it being brought it for parts...

I don't understand why though. Okay, I can see that some people will try a tax dodge, but as a car to be broken, if you need a cert to register it, well that's no issue if it's a parts bin?

Dream Weaver
04-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I have learnt a lot about the subject of importing motors in the last few days, thanks to the helpful staff at TAU, and a couple of people on here.

BTW The shipping companies agent in Liverpool handle all the dealings with the customs so you don't have to deal with them, unless you want to that is /grr

Dream Weaver
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't understand why though. Okay, I can see that some people will try a tax dodge, but as a car to be broken, if you need a cert to register it, well that's no issue if it's a parts bin?

Fair enough is someone is going to break it, but TAU state its not damaged so I would think someone would want it as a road car, not a donor !

I imagine though, that the customs might make you pay the full blob then if you do break it and its never registered you MIGHT be able to claim a partial refund.

Extracting blood from stones comes to mind !

I'll let you know when mine arrives......