PDA

View Full Version : galant strut bar

strapping young lad
04-08-2005, 05:01 PM
seeing these appear on numerous cars ive been wondering what they do

are they worth having and if so where do i get one for mine?

ive seen one on ebay for 25 quid i think (from overseas) but as its an unknown quantity i dont know what to look out for.

also been considering stiffening the suspension and lowering it somewhat. (reading threads on this issue has explained some stuff for me)

/help

Big Ian
04-08-2005, 05:50 PM
ive one fitted ( :thumbsup: cheer's PEZZA) to be honest i wanted one only as ive lowered it, they are for helping/stopping with movement from the inner wing's (under presure) during cornering and braking and can also add added stiffness to your suspension.......i think? :rolleyes4 most VR4's come's standard with one fitted so if it's good enough for a VR4 :scholar: it's good enough for me :thumbsup: ......they also look good, so who care's if they work :leer:

PS, ZEDY usually has 1 or 2 for sale :happy:

ANTHONY
04-08-2005, 06:51 PM
i got one from ebay (vir kieren) not the same looking as a proper vr-4 1 but still looks good and is made quite well. as ian says it is for stiffness (ooohh mrs)

Kieran
04-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Yeah, as Tony says, the ones from Ebay are pretty good considering their price. They're built well enough and they're adjustable for width, which allows you to vary the amount of tension to put across the strut tops. The Ebay ones do it the V6, though it is tight against the intake manifold. That said, it's really, really easy to fit, so don't be unduly worried! :thumbsup:

Andy (The Vee) has a Genuine VR-4 one fitted - cost him about £170 I think? :inquisiti

strapping young lad
04-08-2005, 08:29 PM
right i see
well when i see one on ebay i will post a link here and see what you guys say about it.

Big Ian
04-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Tony, if you get a chance can you post a pici of your one, i was tempted to go for one of the type you got,i liked the chrome look off it :thumbsup: but up-till a short time ago they had to be shipped from the USA, i see now they are supplied in the UK

(that was before i got a VR4 one from Pezza :thumbsup: )

ANTHONY
04-08-2005, 09:18 PM
ok ian i'll take a photo of my one.........also i'v just checked and the seller where my one came from. dont seem to have any at the moment.once he has some i'll post the link.. the one i have i got from kieran which he got from hk

Gly
05-08-2005, 06:09 AM
so if it's good enough for a VR4 :scholar: it's good enough for me :thumbsup: ......they also look good,

I'd have to agree with that

http://thegspot.orcon.net.nz/Legnum/strut.JPG

Big Ian
05-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I'd have to agree with that

and in an empty engine bay.......... :inquisiti it look's like this

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=getimage&id=703

richy rich
05-08-2005, 10:16 PM
i agree with most of the above it helps stiffen the wing bits and makes things tighter.
also looks good

Spirit
05-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Do take care with regards to declaring it to your insurance company, my bro fitted one to his car and the insurance company refused to insure him if he left it on.

You could take a chance and not declare it, but of course if the worst happens and you dont get chance to whip it off the may not pay out.

Just a polite warning.

Kieran
06-08-2005, 12:28 AM
Do take care with regards to declaring it to your insurance company, my bro fitted one to his car and the insurance company refused to insure him if he left it on.

You could take a chance and not declare it, but of course if the worst happens and you dont get chance to whip it off the may not pay out.

Just a polite warning.

Absolutely. Exactly the same thing happened to me with Hordak and the Strut bar that Tony's now got. I fitted it, called them the same afternoon (I'm a good boy :smug: ) and they told me that I wouldn't be insured unless I took it back off!!! /help

strapping young lad
06-08-2005, 07:46 AM
why is it an insurance issue? surely its a safer car with one on?

ANTHONY
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM
this is the 1 i have

DUNLY
06-08-2005, 10:36 AM
ABESport: How do you find that strut bar? thats the one that i got off of ebay and is lying underneath my bed!

ANTHONY
06-08-2005, 10:45 AM
no different rearly it just looks a bit better

Big Ian
06-08-2005, 12:41 PM
ABESport: How do you find that strut bar? thats the one that i got off of ebay and is lying underneath my bed!

C'mon Dunly....2 min's fit's it!

:thumbsup: look's good Tony /yes

DUNLY
06-08-2005, 01:41 PM
na ian, going to wait till i get the shocks and springs first and probably alloys. dont fancy sticking it on with the standard shocks and 14's. why on a car that size they put on such small wheels i dunno /Hmmm.

well thats what i say the now, might get bored 1 day and fling it on :leer:

ANTHONY
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
C'mon Dunly....2 min's fit's it!

:thumbsup: look's good Tony /yesthank you kind sir:thumbsup:

Big Ian
10-08-2005, 10:12 PM
back on ebay: strut brace (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-GALANT-Front-Strut-Bar-NR-L-K_W0QQitemZ7992562926QQcategoryZ40192QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem)
:thumbsup:

Spirit
10-08-2005, 10:15 PM
why is it an insurance issue? surely its a safer car with one on?

Not for the person or object you hit ! You will cause more damage to them/it, hence the insurance issue

strapping young lad
10-08-2005, 11:09 PM
by which yo umean the bonnet wont bend? or have i missed the point?

Spirit
10-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Simply the extra strengthening in your engine bay will cause "potentially" more damage

strapping young lad
10-08-2005, 11:39 PM
hmm fair enough

so is loweing the suspension another insurance issue (i know it is for 4x4's lifting theirs)

and do galants come with anti roll bars?

DUNLY
11-08-2005, 12:02 AM
back on ebay: strut brace (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-GALANT-Front-Strut-Bar-NR-L-K_W0QQitemZ7992562926QQcategoryZ40192QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem)
:thumbsup:
Yup thats the puppy i got, took less than a week to come from japan 2 :thumbsup: