PDA

View Full Version : Alarming!!!

Brunty
04-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Get annoyed now.

My alarm is frequently set off during rain storms. I say storms, because I've only really noticed it happen during the heavy showers we've been enjoying this summer. I had thought it was maybe the motion sensors being overly sensitive.

Tonight we're enjoying a light shower in my part of Brum and it's been triggered once again. I now wonder whether it's more likely that water is getting in somewhere it shouldn't and setting the alarm off. There are no signs of water inside the car after a storm.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

psbarham
04-08-2005, 09:43 PM
little storms? have you looked out of your window lately ? did you notice the light breeze a week ago?

Brunty
04-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Strange one really, the tornado was just up the road in Sparkhill area, no problems here in the centre of Edgbaston. Although I was in Sheffield at the time /yes It wasn't very nice there either.

Tonights cricket was stopped at about 5.30pm at the County cricket ground (on the Edgbaston/Moseley border) didn't notice any rain at my place until just before nine.

I know that's when it started raining 'cos my bleedin' alarm went off!

SGHOM
04-08-2005, 10:13 PM
As with the storm of 1987 ?? i think.......... the weather girl on the beeb said it would be 'blustery' !! :rolleyes4 /yes
she was right !!

psbarham
05-08-2005, 07:46 AM
well thanks to that tornado , i've spent all week in the baking sun operating a fooking great chainsaw whilst wearing padded chainsaw clothing(hard boiled nuts!!) it decided to pay a flying visit to moulton churchyard (we do the maintainence )on its way through , it removed the roof of the 11th century church and most of the trees in the churchyard . (if anyone wants somes logs or some mulch for the garden ) i only live 4 miles from moulton and at the time that this happened all we got was a sharp rise in temp and some thunder

MR.VOODOO
05-08-2005, 09:05 AM
i tkae it that it only goes off when it rains hard
look at the following

1 interior sensors two high ( sonics /m/wave )

but it will probaly down to water escaping down the near the bonnet switch
as we know water conducts electricty and if it leaks down buy the bonnet switch it makes an earth and hence sets the alarm off
either
a move the bonnet switch
or
b seal the switch up if possable

hope this helps

ian