PDA

View Full Version : ABS sensors

SGHOM
04-08-2005, 10:42 PM
tomorrow ............... I'm going to remove the ABS sensors from the PVX hub carriers, & fit them in the hubs of my car. /yes I say tomorrow ?? :rolleyes4 It might take 3 weeks to get the damned things out !! /grr
Myself & Richard have taken a good look at them, & neither of us can see any physical difference in the VR4, or the project cars sensors ??
I spoke to Kieran earlier, regarding part numbers...... so i'll get the relevent info ASAP. /yes
question is ............ does anyone know for sure if the JDM ABS sensors, are any different to the VR4's sensors ?? /Hmmm bearing in mind we have AYC, TC etc ??
to me.......... they look exactly the same ?? /yes /Hmmm

Spirit
04-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Don't know the answer Derek, but interested in the outcome as I may need a new sensor too - following my failure on the way to RT2. Yet to have the fault diagnosed though. /help

The Vee
04-08-2005, 10:55 PM
Sorry, have to pass on this one - don't know for sure

BraindG
04-08-2005, 10:58 PM
id be interested in knowing also... this is another thing on my buggered list :(

SGHOM
04-08-2005, 11:01 PM
take a looksie here !! /yes

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8494&highlight=hub+carriers

I will get them out........... in one piece !! /yes just not certain at the mo if they are the same. /Hmmm

bernmc
05-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Why do you need to do this Derek? I thought you had the carriers and sensors off a certain barrier-basher????

SGHOM
05-08-2005, 07:23 PM
Ok !! today, as promised, I set about the daunting task of removing the ABS sensors from the hub carriers of PVX. :rolleyes4
I took them to work.......... cant you tell how busy I am ?.......... & three of us studied all the options available to get them out in one piece !!
loads of WD40 at the ready, a wide selection of tools to prise them out, a blow torch, [ just in case !! ] /help
&, as a last resort, A very large hammer & chisel to smash the carriers !!!
After an hour of discussion, I set about the task. 1st, the 10mm nut............ easy peasy !! /yes
then, before I attacked the sensor, I had a sip of tea !! [ a cup of tea is never far away when I'm working !! ]
when Paul say's " is this what you're after ?"
the sensor had fallen out of the carrier !! WTF ?? :rolleyes4 /Hmmm all the trouble we had with others, & this one just decided to fall out !
now.......... I know PVX hasn't travelled very far in it's life, but It's still an 8 year old car !! /Steeringw

Ok, so now I have facelift hub carriers with 'new' ABS sensors fitted ! all ready for anyone wanting to
upgrade to 4 pot brembo's.

DUNLY
05-08-2005, 08:01 PM
is anybodys ABS fecked on a GLS? supposedly the sensors were replaced in november/december. anything ring a bell??

bernmc
05-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Ok !! today, as promised, I set about the daunting task of removing the ABS sensors from the hub carriers of PVX. :rolleyes4
I took them to work.......... cant you tell how busy I am ?.......... & three of us studied all the options available to get them out in one piece !!
loads of WD40 at the ready, a wide selection of tools to prise them out, a blow torch, [ just in case !! ] /help
&, as a last resort, A very large hammer & chisel to smash the carriers !!!
After an hour of discussion, I set about the task. 1st, the 10mm nut............ easy peasy !! /yes
then, before I attacked the sensor, I had a sip of tea !! [ a cup of tea is never far away when I'm working !! ]
when Paul say's " is this what you're after ?"
the sensor had fallen out of the carrier !! WTF ?? :rolleyes4 /Hmmm all the trouble we had with others, & this one just decided to fall out !
now.......... I know PVX hasn't travelled very far in it's life, but It's still an 8 year old car !! /Steeringw

Ok, so now I have facelift hub carriers with 'new' ABS sensors fitted ! all ready for anyone wanting to
upgrade to 4 pot brembo's.

Argh. barsteward. barsteward. Must..... resist.... unnnnnnnnhhhhh....

SGHOM
05-08-2005, 10:28 PM
Bern......... I just need to check chassis numbers, & cross reference to make sure they are the same sensors as the VR4's. I'm sure they are. /yes
The problem then will be trying to sell them !! /Hmmm
As you know, the carriers cost £434, & have not been fitted. the sensors are from PVX, so have cost nowt. but............... If you had to buy them, they would be £594 !!!! :rolleyes4
probably cheaper to go for an AP, or KAD upgrade ? /Hmmm

All I want to do is recoupe my outlay. /yes

zedy1
05-08-2005, 10:38 PM
me thinks they gonna be different
:embarasse

SGHOM
05-08-2005, 10:43 PM
me thinks they gonna be different
:embarasse
possibly... /Hmmm
but the physical size, the ref number on it, the actual sensor on the bit/thingy that monitors the wheel, is identical ?? /Hmmm
just waiting for conformation.