PDA

View Full Version : Old car tinkering @ KieranCorp Towers

Kieran
06-08-2005, 11:43 PM
/help /help

I need some help with my project, as it looks like a teardown of the engine is unavoidable. :inquisiti

As per usual, any car meddlers will be offered gallons of tea and bacon sarnies too. Partners are also very welcome, but I must ask that little ones are left at home. Not only is my garage full of nasty, children melting chemicals and such, but so is the house as we're re-decorating... Lead based paint removal is no Laughing matter!! /help

Oh, and if the weather is good, then I may light the barbie and we can also officially use our swanky outdoor furniture! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can I have a show of hands for anyone willing to give up a day or two one weekend to come and help? If you can bring tools, that would also be good. I'm looking towards the end of August sometime, but no certain date yet.

Thankyou in advance!!

Possible antendees:

Kieran & Alex [2]
Issac Sibson [1]
SGHOM[1]
Bernmc (if not at work)
Braindg (Maybe?)
Wouter
AM2801[5]
Nick & Vicky (maybe!)

I-S
06-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I think I can stretch to it, although my parents are expecting me to head down their way one of these weekends, plus I really need to get off my behind and do a few things on my house too....

Big Ian
06-08-2005, 11:57 PM
:embarasse K......... i'd love to help, /yes aint nothin better than working on a classic, but distance and time'n are a BuGgEr for me
:thumbsup: good luck

SGHOM
07-08-2005, 07:13 AM
:thumbsup:

bernmc
07-08-2005, 07:18 AM
I'll be there if I'm not working...

enigma
07-08-2005, 08:23 AM
I will be up for that, as long as you dont mind hosting bbies ;)

zentac
07-08-2005, 08:54 AM
there goes any plans to get project VX finish...... I just knew this was going to happen!

The club has a project car that no one has been to for about 6 months. Whats happened to the enthusiasm that the original 5 people on the project had who were suppose to all be chipping in to pay for the garage rental? Which I hear its been evicted end aug.

BraindG
07-08-2005, 09:19 AM
there goes any plans to get project VX finish...... I just knew this was going to happen!

The club has a project car that no one has been to for about 6 months. Whats happened to the enthusiasm that the original 5 people on the project had who were suppose to all be chipping in to pay for the garage rental? Which I hear its been evicted end aug.

:inquisiti

Can I have a show of hands for anyone willing to give up a day or two one weekend to come and help? If you can bring tools, that would also be good. I'm looking towards the end of August sometime, but no certain date yet.

Id love to! ill check funds and update later..

enigma
07-08-2005, 09:19 AM

Slightly off topic.................but

WE ARE BEING EVICTED BECAUSE THE OWNER WANTS THE GARAGE BACK

THE ORIGINAL PROJECT WAS UNDERTAKEN AND FINANCED BY 3 PEOPLE

WITHOUT SUPPORT FROM CLUB MEMBERS VX IS NOWHERE

THE PROJECT CAR DOES NOT BELONG TO THE CLUB BECAUSE NO FCUCKER IS INTERESTED

Sorry K, please continue as normal! ;)

<edit> OH, AND I DONT SEE YOU COMPLAINING WHEN PEOPLE GIVE UP THEIR TIME (AND PARTS) TO HELP YOU OUT </edit>

Kieran
07-08-2005, 09:56 AM

Would it perhaps make you happier if I just invited the same attendees around for afternoon tea and cucumber sandwitches?

zentac
07-08-2005, 10:22 AM
So whats going to happen to VX at the end of the month? Scrap yard? I havn`t got a problem with helping Kieran, thats why its such a good club, you ask for help and get it but VX should take priority even if its to say lets scrap the project and take and angle grider to it so we can take it to the scrap yard as theres only 24 days before it has to be out of there.

enigma
07-08-2005, 10:28 AM
So whats going to happen to VX at the end of the month? Scrap yard? I havn`t got a problem with helping Kieran, thats why its such a good club, you ask for help and get it but VX should take priority even if its to say lets scrap the project and take and angle grider to it so we can take it to the scrap yard as theres only 24 days before it has to be out of there.

VX has an alternative home.

am2801
07-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I'll ask the lads but they need a specific date cos they work some w/ends. Never mind the tea who's supplying the lager!!! As for children we aint got young uns so don't worry about that

Kieran
07-08-2005, 09:11 PM
Okay cool! Quite a good response! /yes

The proposed date is Saturday 27th August. We have a sofa bed and also a inflatable 4ft double matress if peeps from further afield want some shelter for the night.

Not sure how much work will get done on the coupe, if we can lift the cylinder head that would be great, anything else would be a bonus, other than that it will be good to just meet up and have a chitchat! :thumbsup:

I-S
07-08-2005, 10:13 PM
I'm assuming that this is conditional on your getting the front room finished? /pan /pan /pan

Nick Mann
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
I will have to consult the diary (She's asleep at the moment!) but pencil us in!

Surely taking the head off should be easily achievable? And what tools would you like us to bring?

paulmc
07-08-2005, 10:16 PM
to far for me, pity as i like to get my hands dirty :scholar:

Kieran
08-08-2005, 12:46 AM
I will have to consult the diary (She's asleep at the moment!) but pencil us in!

Surely taking the head off should be easily achievable? And what tools would you like us to bring?

Nick:
It is easily achievable, but any excuse! :scholar: Bring any and all tools you think suitable for strpping an engine in situ!!

Issac: Yes the front room does need to progress a bit!!! /pan :embarasse :embarasse

enigma
08-08-2005, 10:32 AM
OK, 27th is out for me and family I am afraid :embarasse

Wouter
08-08-2005, 07:40 PM
I will help Kieran.... that is if I am not working on Barry's car!

I have a cool engine hoist if needed!

Besides that all I have to offer is enthusiasm!

BraindG
08-08-2005, 07:45 PM

uH-oH.... :smug:

am2801
08-08-2005, 09:05 PM
Right i've had a word, the lads are up for it on 27th. you'll have to let us know what tools u need cos we have a garage full!! u still haven't said who's buying the beer!!!!
by the way one of 'the lads' is a mechanic give us more details nearer the time

Kieran
08-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I will help Kieran.... that is if I am not working on Barry's car!

I have a cool engine hoist if needed!

If you can come and bring the hoist, that sounds good! Might not need to yank the bottom half out, but you never know!!! :inquisiti

Kieran
08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Right i've had a word, the lads are up for it on 27th. you'll have to let us know what tools u need cos we have a garage full!! u still haven't said who's buying the beer!!!!
by the way one of 'the lads' is a mechanic give us more details nearer the time

Sounds good - How many of you will be turning up? As for beer, well, we'll get some in, but feel free to bring your own too ;)

As for tools, well.... Not exactly sure what to tell people to bring. Perhaps if I list my own tools, and then peeps can fill in the gaps?

Kieran
08-08-2005, 10:35 PM
Don't forget, if the peeps from furher away (Nick M, Barry, Issac etc) want to have a bevvie without worrying about driving, we're happy to accomodate :thumbsup: As I've already said, we have two small double beds and plenty of floor space! :happy:

am2801
09-08-2005, 09:35 AM
ok we'll bring some beer as well. have you got a bargain booze near yours just in case? there will be 2 blokes 1 14 yr old joey (gopher) and 2 women if that's ok?
like you said you list your tools and they'll fill the gaps where possible

Kieran
20-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Right. Time to confirm, peeps!!

You've got untill Tuesday to get your name down!

This is the list so far:

Kieran & Alex [2]
Issac Sibson [1]
SGHOM[1]
Bernmc (if not at work)
Braindg (Maybe?)
Wouter
AM2801[5]
Nick & Vicky (maybe!)

Shout now if you want to pop up and you're not already down!! :happy:

Barry/Wouter - Are you guys still coming? We can put up with a 323 disgracing the estate, seeing as Barry's car is feeling a bit unwell ;)

Bern - you know yet whether you're at work or not?

Nick/Vicky - You have PM :)

bernmc
20-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Lookin' free atm... can you pm me address details so I can do some plotting.

Wouter
20-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Barry/Wouter - Are you guys still coming? We can put up with a 323 disgracing the estate, seeing as Barry's car is feeling a bit unwell ;)

Not sure yet! It all depends on the amount we get done this week.

Will let you know on Friday for sure.

Nick Mann
20-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Will be there, but only until early afternoon. Managed to double book ourselves!!

What time is kick-off?

RED
21-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Kieran we'd love to come and see what's going on with her BUT we are going on holiday :sunny: and I haven't had one of those in 2 years so the yellow peril loses - SORRY /yes But don't forget the pics and comentary as we'll still try and get up there for a looksey at some other time :thumbsup:

am2801
21-08-2005, 05:11 PM
We is deffo comin' thought we'd have 2 call it off 'cos of an instal prob. just finished rewiring system, sounds phat!! so i'll bell u l8r 4 details and confirm time.

Kieran
23-08-2005, 12:11 AM
Sorry about this guys, but after today's events, we're never going to be ready in time to host a car tinkering day this coming weekend :embarasse :embarasse - For those of you wondering, Alex and I are on holiday this week, with a view to getting the living room re-decorated and the house, garden and garage tidy. However, the bodged electrics we have here are considerably worse than we initially thought, and they've thrown our schedule way out..... I'll post some pictures shortly.

We do however wish to re-schedule this event, as we're keen to have a meet here - It was one of the reasons behind buying this house, that we have enough space for people and cars to do it, but for now, it'll have to wait a bit!! :embarasse

Kieran & Alex----------------> /Hissy /Hissy

Nick Mann
23-08-2005, 09:46 AM
A shame that we can't all come and abuse your hospitality, but better to sort out your problems!!

Good luck. :thumbsup:

I-S
23-08-2005, 10:11 PM
:bigcry: /Hissy :baby: