PDA

View Full Version : Holy Short Cut Batman!

BraindG
07-08-2005, 06:29 PM
Well, there i was, trying to find any loose connections, that may be causing my power loss. (History (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10200&highlight=power))

First I changed the cable from engine to Back of Engine bay, no problems there... I then moved onto the Battery terminals, I got my self some nice new shiney Gold Shark Ones...

p.s. I got a new battery whilst in Blackpool on friday, cos i seriously think its doing alot of damage to my engine (possibly running lean, cos Fuel isnt being pumped to engine when my power dies), so wanted to make sure i had a fully charged battery to get home with. (p.p.s. i did bugger all, i still got my power loss)

K, where was I.. oh aye, the New shiney Terminals.. I get my snips, and cut the old crappy ones off, as close as i can get to the original terminals. I then proceed to strip em back a bit ready for insertion into they nice new homes.

I put my MAF and Induction back on, plonk the battery on the tray and grab one of the new terminals.. hmm, whats this.. its a bit tight.. let me pull it a bit more, ah crap... i can't, thats all the cable there is!... Turns out, that with the new battery, and the ever so slightly shortend -/+ cables I can't put em on any more... /cry

Panic sets in, so i run for the old Battery and find that the new shortend -/+ cables only JUST fit on.. PHEW!.... So....... sometime in the future, i.e. tomorrow ill have to go buy some more cable to increase the lenght..

OOPS! /help

Paul Beazer
07-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Oooh thats a bugger.
At least you still can use the old battery!