PDA

View Full Version : Journey

konman
09-08-2005, 09:44 AM
Bloody hell, i just read that thing on scoobynet, what a phucking crack up man !!!!! anyway, took the beast down to ruapehu for mardis gras in ohakune, got two fantastic days boarding in, sunday was a write off so bailed back to auckland a very happy man. the vr4 went so well im in love again, what usually does next to phuck all on a tank of gas around town did over 800 kays on a top up at ngaruwahia on the way down, a bit of a splash and dash in ohakune and another splash at ngaravegas. still got gas in the tank too. geeeez these things are great on the open road, and youll all be pleased to know i smoked about half a dozen scoobys of various models up the access road too, man theyre dog ****e on the slippery stuff, i just got into the corner planted boot, a bit of sway from the back end and i was gone and they were left in a cloud of ice grit dust. :evil2: :evil2: :evil2:

GroundControl
09-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I wish I had mine for the trip on the weekend :embarasse Still in getting the brakes done unfortunately

Still, fantastic weather on Saturday at Whakapapa, had a brilliant day skiing :D

konman
10-08-2005, 04:06 AM
yeah i hear yah.... wicked day at turoa, and the best nmews in whakapapa has 20cms over night turoa 15.... man i love these august storms, this will be the life saver of the winter. looking to go down to rainbow at some stage too, thats a great place, pretty small but the snow is fantastic, really cold and nice bit of powder.

GroundControl
10-08-2005, 04:28 AM
yeah the new snow is much needed - i was beginning to think this might be a bit of a short season the way it was going...

and I've been to rainbow once before - nice little field, but it was bitterly cold when I was there... damn scary road on the way up too /yes

konman
10-08-2005, 06:24 AM
yeah the roads a bit iffy eh, had a nissan terrano with chains on all fours for the road and it was still a bit dodgy, had to pull this guy out of a ditch in a rav4, stupid idiot. had a chat to him later and he said he didnt think he needed chains cause he had these super duper snow tyers and 4 wheel drive, i laughed and said its a rav 4 mate, and walked away laughing.... man theres one born every minute. had a great day at cardrona during winter fest, tried coronet and remarks but they were so bad it wasnt funny, drona and tc were the only ones worth going to. its snowing in melbourne and its expected to sea level in hobart later tonight, so that stuff is on the way here so here hoping we get some nice dumps... ill be throwing the monster of all sickies if it dumps big :evil2:

GroundControl
10-08-2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah last time I was down south (queenstown) was in '99 and they had a HUGE dump overnight while I was there - almost a metre up on the fields. The next day they were closed while they dealt with all the snow, and following two days were some of the best skiing I've ever had :D