PDA

View Full Version : Ecu

Pavel
10-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Hi Guys,

I'll by new ECU for my Galant VR4'99 (Manual) from Jap Auction. (improves acceleration and removes speed limit)
Tunned ECU has the same part number as standart for VR4 with Tiptronic.
Seller said, that it's no problems if i'll use it for manual.

The Questions are:
1. Does anybody heard somthing about tunned ECU for Galant VR4 from Japan?
2. Would it be the problem if I use Tiptronic ECU with My Manual Galant?
3. Are there other ways of ECU tuning?

Thanks,
Pavel / Russia

zentac
10-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Hi Guys,

I'll by new ECU for my Galant VR4'99 (Manual) from Jap Auction. (improves acceleration and removes speed limit)
Tunned ECU has the same part number as standart for VR4 with Tiptronic.
Seller said, that it's no problems if i'll use it for manual.

The Questions are:
1. Does anybody heard somthing about tunned ECU for Galant VR4 from Japan?
2. Would it be the problem if I use Tiptronic ECU with My Manual Galant?
3. Are there other ways of ECU tuning?

Thanks,
Pavel / Russia

What make of ECU is it?

Pavel
10-08-2005, 01:06 PM
It's Mitsubishi with origial part number MD340289 (the same part number as for standard Type-s (SYGF) Gal VR4).

I think, that they'e been tuned...

Wodjno
10-08-2005, 02:18 PM
Where exactly in the car is the ECU ?? :embarasse

zentac
10-08-2005, 02:18 PM
yeah but who has tuned it, its not MINES as they put a big badge on it. If we find out who has tinkered with it we can find exactly what is done. The problem with them is that if done in Japan they are set up to run on higher octaine fuel so can cause problems on uk and european fuel.

valmes
10-08-2005, 03:22 PM
It looks stock... :inquisiti

Pavel
10-08-2005, 03:36 PM
It looks stock... :inquisiti

Yes it's looks stock...it's question for me to.
But maybe they tweaked or "special edition".

valmes
10-08-2005, 04:04 PM
There are couple of companies in Japan that can rewrite (or rechip...whatever) your ECU - Mines, PROS Eng., BozzSpeed, KS-ROM and something else... I think it is "Oriental", but they would all leave a note on it. I mean all ECUs sold on yahoo had at least some label on them, other than stock Mitsu numbers.

Ask seller some questions... Where was it done? What was done etc.
How much are they asking for it?

Pavel
10-08-2005, 04:21 PM
look at this:

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/body/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpage10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2 Fjp%2Fauction%2Fm16017853&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

what do you think?

Pavel
10-08-2005, 04:24 PM
The question is - could it work with manual gear ?

zentac
10-08-2005, 06:44 PM
the engine ECU has nothing to do with the gearbox so there is a seperate gearbox ECU. So any engine ECU will work.

zentac
10-08-2005, 06:48 PM
look at this:

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/web/body/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fpage10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp%2 Fjp%2Fauction%2Fm16017853&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2

what do you think?

That one looks like an oriental ECU, from the list of things its done it looks quite good, not sure how it can claim 1bar boost though as you have to have a seperate boost controller to do that.

bernmc
10-08-2005, 07:20 PM
and note the bit that says 'will not ship internationally'!

Had to laugh at 'Regnam' and rebrimit!!!!!!:D:D

enigma
10-08-2005, 10:05 PM
That one looks like an oriental ECU, from the list of things its done it looks quite good, not sure how it can claim 1bar boost though as you have to have a seperate boost controller to do that.

Dont be daft! The ECU controls the boost solenoid so can be altered to do anything! IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM IT!

zentac
10-08-2005, 10:11 PM
yeah course it does. Mine hasn`t got the original boost solenoid wired in hence the need for the boost controller (its been a long day and Im off to bed!)

Wodjno
10-08-2005, 11:00 PM
Where exactly in the car is the ECU ?? :embarasse
So where is the ECU ?? /help

SGHOM
10-08-2005, 11:03 PM
So where is the ECU ?? /help
passenger side footwell................ near the transmission tunnel.
pull the carpet back, unclip the panel, & there it is. :thumbsup:

Kieran
10-08-2005, 11:21 PM
and note the bit that says 'will not ship internationally'!

Had to laugh at 'Regnam' and rebrimit!!!!!!:D:D

Heh! But overall, that's a much better translation than Babelfish usually manages! :happy: /yes

Wodjno
10-08-2005, 11:57 PM
passenger side footwell................ near the transmission tunnel.
pull the carpet back, unclip the panel, & there it is. :thumbsup:

Cheers Derek.. :happy:

valmes
11-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Dont be daft! The ECU controls the boost solenoid so can be altered to do anything! IF YOU KNOW HOW TO PROGRAM IT!

Our boost control valve is nothing more than an electronic bleeder valve... so it does affect boost, although not in a good efficient way... It just dumps (creating what is essentially a boost leak) some amount of pressurized air back to intake (low pressure = atmosphere). Considering the size of our turbos... it is not a good way of upping boost to 8000rpm(!!! that what it says... rev limiter has been adjusted). I think they altered fuel tables to cope nicely with boost of up to 1bar. Which means up to around 1.3 bar, (for a safety margin it has to be higher than claimed boost level), your car will know what to do, unlike our stock ECU which, in panic, dumps all the fuel it can... making it so rich, it can't pull hard anymore! :)

I think you should go for it! 1 day left.Don't worry about Auto/Manual question, as Zentac said - there are different ECUs controlling things that way. Even if it did have anything to do with an auto... You are the brain when controlling stick :) :scholar: :leer:

valmes
11-08-2005, 02:33 AM
But at price tag of 600$ in Japan (means it will be over 800$ in Russia) I would look at other options... you know :) I am an EMU guy these days... :)
I can see only one good point in getting this thing - just swap it in and go! Ez!

enigma
11-08-2005, 06:29 AM
The ECU is actually behind the centre console on top of the transmission tunnel. He aint called SGHOM for nothing!

Wodjno
11-08-2005, 06:55 AM
The ECU is actually behind the centre console on top of the transmission tunnel. He aint called SGHOM for nothing!

:d :vogel: Thanx Dave.. :thumbsup:

SGHOM
11-08-2005, 04:05 PM

As I said. removing the nearside panel, & lifting the carpet out of the way, gives you the easiest access to the ECU. /yes
I could have added " put you left arm in to reach it," but I thought even you would be able to understand that ?? /Hmmm :rolleyes4

Kieran
11-08-2005, 06:52 PM
As I said. removing the nearside panel, & lifting the carpet out of the way, gives you the easiest access to the ECU. /yes
I can confirm this...... But once you can see the ECU, how the hell do you get the damn thing out of it's cradle?!?! /help