PDA

View Full Version : E-Manage mapping ideas

paulmc
12-08-2005, 08:15 AM
As some of you will know I plan to fit my e-manage this time home, below is what I plan to do, please add your comments, ideas or criticism :thumbsup:

BOOST 1.3bar dropping to 1.1 @6500rpm after 4500rpm, This keep the turbo in the 72 to 65% efficiency.

FUEL Start @ 1.00 Lambda dropping gradually to 0.9 Lambda @ 3000rpm. Steady from 3000 to 4500rpm then dropping gradually again to 0.8 Lambda @6500

IGNITION Not sure here, it all depends if the e-manage can tell me what factory setting it is running on. If not it will be trial and error advancing and retarding timing on hearing DET, I also plan to use my power meter thing ( forgot what it is called) to see when I stop making power when advancing timing. I know this is not the most accurate way as a rolling road would be better, on saying that most tuners MAP on the road only. Most mappers know loads more than me though.

I plan to raise the boost first, then set fuel as above then set timing. This may not happen exactally in this order all depends on DET. I am keen to get the boost and fuel set up correctally as changing Fuel / Boost changes the timing in a round about kind of way.

If you richen up the mixture it burnes slower so max power is made later in the combustion cycle so kind of retards ignition if you see what I mean. that is why I need to set boost and fuel as soon as I can

Boost also makes the mixture burn faster as the molecules are closer together (compressed) so burn quicker again this is like advancing the ignition.

The above don't actually change the ignition timing all they do is change the speed at which the mixture burns, that is why boost caused DET (Burns quicker) and rich mixture reduces DET (Burns slower)

This needs to be done at every load site 256 I think :embarasse

To what degree the 2 statements above change the flame front I have no idea until I start playing /Hmmm

I have never done this before so not sure how it will go, if any of the above sounds daft etc please comment good or bad I dont mind :2thumbsup

Kieran
12-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Sounds interesting. The only comments I would make is that the late Pete Johnson melted a compressor wheel at around 1.3/1.4 bar, so be careful.

Also, if you're not sure what effect ignition timing will have on things, then maybe you should play around with this for a while before doing anything else, just so you can get a 'feel' for it's effects?

Can you explain the Lambda readings a bit more? I presume that 0.8 is quite rich in order to prevent high boost and engine revs from causing detonation? Also, what Lambda readings are you getting as standard?

paulmc
12-08-2005, 09:08 AM
Yeah I read about his turbos giving up, that is the main reason I will be dropping boost from 4500rpm, just hope they will cope with this.

Good idea re ignition, I think there will be a lot of playing before i get any where, just hope the wife likes driving /yes

Yes 0.8 Lambda is 11.8 AFR. This is just wasting fuel to keep things cooler and DET away.

0.9 Lambda 13.2 AFR is arguably best for power, depends on what you read or who you speak to.

On saying that a lot of folkes try for 0.82 = 12.1 AFR, but this is only at max power and revs, all the graphs I have looked at start around 0.9 dropping to 0.8 and some even lower but only at max revs

With only running 1.1bar boost at 6500rpm I dont think I will have to many probs with DET but you never know, It is more when you start running 1.5bar and above that cylinder pressures go through the roof.

I am running at 0.68 Lambda 10.1 AFR at the moment, megga rich

change Lambda to AFR Multiply by 14.7

zentac
12-08-2005, 10:17 AM
Im running 11.5 (err... 0.78) across the board which is on the safe side.

Wodjno
12-08-2005, 10:21 AM
All sounds very interesting also viable..
Your going be using the LM-1 aswell aren't you .. ? When you road test the car you will be able to record all your data and anylyse it with LOG Works on your Lap Top once your finished. And you will be ableto see it in real time if you take your Lap Top with you.. If your using the RPM converter you should be able to get all the info you need. /yes

bradc
12-08-2005, 10:23 AM
why don't you try to keep 1.2 bar to at least 5500rpm, then reduce it? If you look at say my dyno you'll see that boost stays high until 5800rpm or so, then drops off quite steeply. That way you will maximise your power through the rev range.

As for the A/F ratio, I've heard that 12.5 is about as lean as you would want to go at full load, anything more and you are running the engine too lean and may cause detonation and the engine running too hot.

pezza
12-08-2005, 10:41 AM
Interesting reading here...

Will be good to read the completed article about the install, mapping and changes fuelling makes with this e-manage unit. :thumbsup:

So many ideas /Hmmm inspired by Valmes /yes

The install date is getting closer and closer eh Paul? Eager?

I rang a couple of places and they have quoted around 300+VAT for install and mapping (2-3 hours)... for e-manage. Most will say.. 'yes we have worked on a few early EVOs but never worked on a VR-4'...

OK here come the questions:

Have you bought the support tool and cable for laptop monitoring and logging as well as advanced tuning?

HAve you found any other articles about tuning with e-manage - with both ignition and injector control, it sounds like a careful job of trial and error always erring on the side of caution.

Finally :rolleyes4 any knowledge about the pressure harnesses with sensors to monitor airflow? (instead of the stock MAF unit?)

I sense interest is building around e-manage and a few are about to go down
this route..

I am looking at the wibedand sensors at the mo too. Anyone know if the LC-1 will more or less do the same job as LM-1 and output to a standard digital multimeter (apart from RPM function) ?

Cheers

Pezz (about to sign on the dotted line)

paulmc
12-08-2005, 11:05 AM
why don't you try to keep 1.2 bar to at least 5500rpm, then reduce it? If you look at say my dyno you'll see that boost stays high until 5800rpm or so, then drops off quite steeply. That way you will maximise your power through the rev range.

As for the A/F ratio, I've heard that 12.5 is about as lean as you would want to go at full load, anything more and you are running the engine too lean and may cause detonation and the engine running too hot.

Yes I could run 1.2bar to 5500rpm but I was trying to be kind to the turbos as they are pretty much flat out at what I propose, 1.2bar would be right on the overspin line @5500 on saying that 1.1bar @ 6500 is right on the same limit but my thoughts were to not heat them up to much through the rev range and save a wee bit for the topend

AFR's eveyone seem to have a different idea of what is right here, I think again there will be a bit of trial and error here.

Ideally I should monitor the exhaust gas temp at the same time, may have to but a gauge at some point

paulmc
12-08-2005, 11:13 AM
Interesting reading here...

Will be good to read the completed article about the install, mapping and changes fuelling makes with this e-manage unit. :thumbsup:

So many ideas /Hmmm inspired by Valmes /yes

The install date is getting closer and closer eh Paul? Eager?

I rang a couple of places and they have quoted around 300+VAT for install and mapping (2-3 hours)... for e-manage. Most will say.. 'yes we have worked on a few early EVOs but never worked on a VR-4'...

OK here come the questions:

Have you bought the support tool and cable for laptop monitoring and logging as well as advanced tuning?

HAve you found any other articles about tuning with e-manage - with both ignition and injector control, it sounds like a careful job of trial and error always erring on the side of caution.

Finally :rolleyes4 any knowledge about the pressure harnesses with sensors to monitor airflow? (instead of the stock MAF unit?)

I sense interest is building around e-manage and a few are about to go down
this route..

I am looking at the wibedand sensors at the mo too. Anyone know if the LC-1 will more or less do the same job as LM-1 and output to a standard digital multimeter (apart from RPM function) ?

Cheers

Pezz (about to sign on the dotted line)

Yes eagar, I want to go home and start now

I have the support tool and cable for my laptop so can do logging

I wish I had found other articles on e-mangae it might give me some idea of what I am aiming for, and as you say caution will be high on my list

No not looked into pressure sensor, may have to go down that route if I get bigger turbos as the MAF has a limit but that is miles off yet see if can get this to work first

Not looked at the LC-1

enigma
12-08-2005, 11:23 AM
No not looked into pressure sensor, may have to go down that route if I get bigger turbos as the MAF has a limit but that is miles off yet see if can get this to work first

The pressure sensor works in conjunction with the MAF, so until you hit the limit of the MAF you shouldn't need it.

I AM GOING TO INSTALL MINE THIS WEEKEND! /pan

paulmc
12-08-2005, 11:37 AM
The pressure sensor works in conjunction with the MAF, so until you hit the limit of the MAF you shouldn't need it.

Remember and do a how 2 save me doing it :2thumbsup

So by the time I get home you will have loads of fuel, boost and ignition settings for me to try :smug: :thumbsup:

zentac
12-08-2005, 11:37 AM
If anyone is interested Im going to be looking at the DTA engine management system that all the hill climb boys use. Its quite cheap for a full replacement and if I should be able to install & set it up myself.

zentac
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
http://www.dtafast.co.uk

zentac
12-08-2005, 11:47 AM

Give me a shout if you need a hand I think Im free saturday afternoon when Ive recovered from my hangover!!!

paulmc
12-08-2005, 11:59 AM
If anyone is interested Im going to be looking at the DTA engine management system that all the hill climb boys use. Its quite cheap for a full replacement and if I should be able to install & set it up myself.

That looks a very good system with easy to use screens etc, it will be interesting to see how you get on

paulmc
12-08-2005, 03:24 PM
All sounds very interesting also viable..
Your going be using the LM-1 aswell aren't you .. ? When you road test the car you will be able to record all your data and anylyse it with LOG Works on your Lap Top once your finished. And you will be ableto see it in real time if you take your Lap Top with you.. If your using the RPM converter you should be able to get all the info you need. /yes

I have not got the RPM converter, prob should have bought this it as it will make life easier /Hmmm

paulmc
12-08-2005, 03:32 PM

£300 + vat aint that bad.

Depending what Dave does in the way of a "how to" I am sure between the 2 of us the near £400 should be reduced to nothing.

Obviously it is best to map every car but I am sure there would be some generic settings to give a good MAP and power. after all that is what you get when you by a chip.

I will post my settings / findings when I fit it.

Can't get cheaper than FREE :2thumbsup

valmes
13-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Every car is different, so everyone would need to adjust fuel and ignition on individual basis. May be this info is of some use... :inquisiti

Very approximate numbers, because I deleted my old Support Tool and started playing with new one for Ultimate...

with 3,5 bar base fuel pressure(~51psi), stock boost.
3000 -15%
4000 -17%
5000 -17%
6000 -20%

I noticed that my AFR would go down from 12.7:1 at ~5000-5500 rpm... to 13.3:1 at 7400 rpm, it was related to Boost Fuel Cut elimination feature, input from MAF was cut at some point and didn't rise any further, so ECU supplied just enough fuel to keep it happy, but as RPM rised, so did the real demand for fuel, hence leaning. At this point I had to add some fuel via additional injection table (directly pulsing the injectors).
I noticed one interesting thing though - my car was pulling strongest at 13:1-
13:3! May be something is wrong with my lambda? :inquisiti
PS: BTW, I sold my e-manage Blue to a guy driving 1997 Galant VR-4. We are going to try this "boost via sub injectors" thing, so will update you of what maps worked for him. :)

paulmc
13-08-2005, 06:51 AM
I noticed one interesting thing though - my car was pulling strongest at 13:1-
13:3! May be something is wrong with my lambda? :inquisiti

That is about right most power being made @0.9 Lambda 13.2 AFR just not that good at protecting your engine. Anything richer than that is always for the engines protection and to keep EGT under control :thumbsup:

valmes
13-08-2005, 08:04 AM
My EGTs under hard acceleration were at most 890C...

paulmc
13-08-2005, 08:25 AM
is that before or after the turbo?

valmes
13-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Right after the Turbo... :evil2:

paulmc
13-08-2005, 09:04 AM
Oh that is high prob around 1000C before the turbo maybe even slightly more, deffo losing power and getting close to things melting. I think the pistons melt at around 1200C. Was that @ 13.1 to 13.3 AFR

valmes
13-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Well, to be on the safe side I added fuel... back into 12.7:1 range.

enigma
13-08-2005, 12:21 PM
OK, I have read the instruction, re read the instruction, understood the instructions, and sought lots of advice from a friend on how best to tune. I am now ready to install the Emanage - BUT ITS FCUKING RAINING /pan

First off I am going to play with the Airflow adjustment to make sure I am not maxxing out the MAF at WOT, if I am I will reduce the signal in the Airflow adjustment and add the same amount of fuel in the Additional injector map thus cancelling any chages out! Then i will go about tuning the fuel at WOT (after a lot of logging!). Then I will play with timing and once again check my fuelling.

Sound OK?

paulmc
13-08-2005, 12:52 PM
sounds good but hurry up :2thumbsup I feel like a monkey in a cage out here. plenty ideas but can do nothing :rolleyes4

What boost do you intend to run /Hmmm

paulmc
13-08-2005, 12:53 PM
Well, to be on the safe side I added fuel... back into 12.7:1 range.

What boost you running peak and held and did the 12.7 take temps down

paulmc
13-08-2005, 06:58 PM
another though, I reckon the knock sensor will have to be disconnected / disabled as it has the ability to change timing in a millisecond if it detects DET, so kind of getting in the way of ignition tuning. Not sure if it can just be disconnected or not, what will the do tp the ecu signal? /Hmmm

i3ooyah
14-08-2005, 01:24 AM
im planning on getting mine dynotuned within a few weeks...will post results

bradc
14-08-2005, 02:15 AM
i300yah, come to the torque performance dyno day on the 3rd of September. I'll meet you there with my exhausts!

valmes
14-08-2005, 02:36 AM
another though, I reckon the knock sensor will have to be disconnected / disabled as it has the ability to change timing in a millisecond if it detects DET, so kind of getting in the way of ignition tuning. Not sure if it can just be disconnected or not, what will the do tp the ecu signal? /Hmmm

I wouldn't do it(I mean remove knock sensors...btw I think there are two ks on our engine) unless you are absolutely sure it gives out faulty signal...
It is a safeguard and if something goes wrong ECU will retard timing to avoid damaging the engine.

Simply unplugging it won't work, since if ECU can't see it it goes into "safe mode".

If you've got knock - deal with the problem (find out why) not with the end result... :)

paulmc
14-08-2005, 08:16 AM
I would only unplug it for mapping, How else will you know if you are at max advance unless you hear knock then retard the ignition. With the knock sensors still active they will retard the ignition before you can input new values so you will get nowhere. I dont have knock I would not just ignore it if I had, it is only for mapping.

Forgot to say I have my own DET cans to listen for DET :thumbsup:

enigma
14-08-2005, 08:30 AM
I would only unplug it for mapping, How else will you know if you are at max advance unless you hear knock then retard the ignition. With the knock sensors still active they will retard the ignition before you can input new values so you will get nowhere. I dont have knock I would not just ignore it if I had, it is only for mapping.

The Emanage is nearly in! The beauty of having a small child is that they get you up at 6am on a Sunday /pan

:zzz:

paulmc
14-08-2005, 09:03 AM
kids don't you just love em :thumbsup:

enigma
14-08-2005, 10:41 AM
It no worky :inquisiti :sad3: :undecided :speechles :uhoh2: :bigcry:

Engine turned over a couple of times but didn't fire, now it just wont turn over

paulmc
14-08-2005, 11:05 AM
not good new :embarasse On the many thousand posts I have read re e-manage sometimes the instructions are wrong for the stated car but only by one wire usaully, hope this aint the case with the VR4. give Valmes a shout re wiring diagram if its correct or not :thumbsup:

valmes
14-08-2005, 12:43 PM
2 Paul
If you unplug the sensor it will give an error code and your ignition timing will be retarded to keep things safe...

2 Dave
I think you will get it working, if not... just a min. I'll be back soon. /Hmmm

valmes
14-08-2005, 01:50 PM
Did you set all the jumpers right? You will have to open up the unit (remove blue cover) and set it for our engine by adjusting first 3 knobs (from left to right - rotary switches). If the unit is new from the factory don't touch other jumpers... just set those knobs to 6, 8, 4 if I remember it right... I don't have manuals at hand to check, but MT_KR2 is our sensor type, same as GTO MAF... I think... /Hmmm

Connect 6 wires for injectors pulse control+ ground

Connect ignition using V6 group ignition diagram
Cyl 1&4 = CH1 (B/W from e-manage to ECU, BL/B from e-manage to coil)
Cyl 2&5 = CH2 (O/W from e-manage to ECU, O/B from e-manage to coil)
Cyl 3&6 = CH3 (Y/B from e-manage to ECU, Y/B from e-manage to coil)

Airflow signal is cut in right direction?
Light Blue goes from MAF into e-manage and than purple goes from e-mange to ECU.

Grey wire is not shown in some "manuals" that ones goes to TPS.

enigma
14-08-2005, 04:36 PM
OK the wiring is all OK, I have double and tripple checked it.

I think the problem is :embarasse the battery is flat due to having the door open for a couple of hours

DOH

paulmc
14-08-2005, 04:54 PM
that is good news, is it going yet then /Hmmm

Wodjno
14-08-2005, 05:06 PM
I think the problem is :embarasse the battery is flat due to having the door open for a couple of hours

DOH

Well i can't say i has ever done that Once or 5 times. :embarasse :uhoh: /dunce

Hopefully that's all it is then Dave.. /yes

enigma
14-08-2005, 05:10 PM
It better be it!

Whose stupid idea was it to put a light on the door?!!! /pan

enigma
14-08-2005, 05:22 PM
OK it starts! :thumbsup:

But only if I disconnect the ignition harness and jump the connections.

I am guessing that I need to activate the ignition map in the main unit using the software tool.

Ho hum getting there!

paulmc
14-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah that was why I wanted plenty time at home as nothing is ever easy. Hope you took plenty pics :thumbsup:

I am not home for 9 days yet so you have plenty time to do a how 2 for me /whip /lol

enigma
14-08-2005, 06:34 PM
OK, I am done for the day, I cant get the ignition to work. If I bypass it then its fine, otherwise the engine just cranks. /grr

Oh well I wasn't going to play with the ignition for a while :embarasse

SGHOM
14-08-2005, 06:36 PM
there are far easier ways of making legnums go faster !! /yes
follow my route, & you'll see !! /yes :smug: /Hmmm /Steeringw

enigma
14-08-2005, 06:37 PM

PMSL!

SGHOM
14-08-2005, 06:39 PM
PMSL!
dont laugh too soon ? /yes

paulmc
14-08-2005, 07:26 PM

What route u going /Hmmm

enigma
14-08-2005, 07:47 PM
What route u going /Hmmm

He normally hands someone fistfulls of cash and says make this quicker please!

zentac
14-08-2005, 07:54 PM
Does it come with default ignition maps? Which map have you loaded?

zentac
14-08-2005, 07:59 PM
are your injectors pulsing ?

zentac
14-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Standard emanage or emanage ultimate?

enigma
14-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Standard Emanage.

Default Map is all 0's (its a piggyback remember!)

The injectors are working fine.

zentac
14-08-2005, 08:43 PM
Did it come with the ignition harness?

zentac
14-08-2005, 08:53 PM
just in case anyone hasn`t got the galant wiring harness you can buy them here http://www.autosportwiring.com/products.htm#Mitsubishi

zentac
14-08-2005, 09:12 PM
You have to actually load a map into it for it to work, Ive read a similar thing somewhere. I will try and dig it out for you.

zentac
14-08-2005, 09:13 PM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-534166.html

enigma
14-08-2005, 09:39 PM
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-534166.html

That says that you do and you dont. Which is right! I didn't load an injection map and that works!

valmes
14-08-2005, 09:50 PM
At first, we did't even connect it to the laptop... it started fine on mine. Two weeks ago it did too on a Galant VR-4.
The ignition signal is not modified if there are all 0s. So it should work as stock. There could be some problem with wiring or with "loose connection" in your ignition harrness.

valmes
14-08-2005, 10:13 PM
Check your ignition ch3, that's the only tricky one... and try pushing in all your ignition wires on e-manage side... might be a loose connector somewhere. /Hmmm Strange... I hope you 'll find the problem. /yes

enigma
15-08-2005, 06:15 AM
All the joints are soldered and i have the CH3 thing sorted (despite the instructions!) I am sure its something simple. I just cant find it!

Kieran
15-08-2005, 07:34 AM
All the joints are soldered and i have the CH3 thing sorted (despite the instructions!) I am sure its something simple. I just cant find it!

So it's work in the VR-Punto today then? :sad3:

enigma
15-08-2005, 08:13 AM
No I can drive mine, just have to put up with the engine being in limp mode and pouring so much fuel in I can see it out the rear view mirror :embarasse

I have taken off the FCD so now the MAF is seeing far too much airflow due to the intercooler.

I will leave the ignition harness disconnected until I figure out what is up.

enigma
15-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Valmes,
I think I may have figured it out.................can you confirm that only 6 of the 12 ignition wires need to be connected?

Thanks

enigma
15-08-2005, 10:34 AM
OK, curiosity got the better of me! I have just been to the car park at work, snipped 6 wires and it now works! Took me 30 seconds! Result!

I had confused the Emanage by connecting all 6 ignition channels /pan

Now time to get logging ;)

pezza
15-08-2005, 10:43 AM
Yep... frequent trips to the car just to take another look and then leave a customer hanging on theline whilst you go fix your car? :D

Just caught up with this thread since.. saturday... :inquisiti and its gathered up some interest..

Sounds like wiring is a bit of a mare? Confusing? I take it the docs are a *challenge* I had a quick read through yesterday online... /Hmmm

enigma
15-08-2005, 11:07 AM
It was more like a flash of inspiration, a walk past my car and a 30 second detour!

The wiring is pretty simple, unfortunately so was the installer :embarasse

valmes
15-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Valmes,
I think I may have figured it out.................can you confirm that only 6 of the 12 ignition wires need to be connected?

Thanks
I am glad you solved the problem :thumbsup: Yes, only 3 channels - 6 wires are needed for our car.

pezza
15-08-2005, 02:59 PM
I am glad you solved the problem :thumbsup: Yes, only 3 channels - 6 wires are needed for our car.

I better start taking notes :-)

out of interest what is the cylinder firing order on the v6?

valmes
15-08-2005, 03:10 PM
I better start taking notes :-)

out of interest what is the cylinder firing order on the v6?

Here you go... /pan :)

"Connect ignition using V6 group ignition diagram
Cyl 1&4 = CH1 (B/W from e-manage to ECU, BL/B from e-manage to coil)
Cyl 2&5 = CH2 (O/W from e-manage to ECU, O/B from e-manage to coil)
Cyl 3&6 = CH3 (Y/B from e-manage to ECU, Y/B from e-manage to coil)"

enigma
15-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Thus the firing order is a difficult to remember

Wodjno
15-08-2005, 03:34 PM

Glad you sorted it Dave . :thumbsup:
And some great info here to help anyone else. /yes

Think you will have to run the Firing order by me again thou. :inquisiti /Hmmm /pan

pezza
15-08-2005, 04:07 PM

Cheers for that :D

Have you skipped the afternoon off work to setup and play with the new toy?

pezza
18-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Just a question to those installed e-manage... BDA Valmes and ???

I can see in the manual downloaded from greddy that the throttle signal pin is highlighted but is this actually used by e-manage? I had a quick look at wiring for the main ignition and injector harnesses and did not see where its used.. I can see the RPM signal is used tho..

The online manual consists of poorly scanned pdf file from the paper documentation and so it does not magnify too well.. /help

Thanks

P

valmes
18-08-2005, 03:13 PM
It's a known mistake in english manual...
TPS = grey wire on main harness

pezza
18-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Ahhhhh! right - assuming thats a splice into ecu wiring too then :-)

Thanks for that Valmes! :thumbsup:

Kieran
01-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but the concept of ignition timing still interests me, as (apart from trial and error using DET cans) there appears to be no definitive answer on how to do it.

Anyone tried this yet? Valmes?:inquisiti

valmes
01-03-2006, 11:29 AM
That would help you get started...
http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/ignition_deeper.htm
http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251433 - I know it’s not completely relevant to your question, but shows how to go about "getting" most out of your car using e-manage... including adjustments to ignition timing.

Kieran
01-03-2006, 11:44 AM
That would help you get started...
http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/ignition_deeper.htm
http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=251433 - I know it’s not completely relevant to your question, but shows how to go about "getting" most out of your car using e-manage... including adjustments to ignition timing.

Brilliant - Thanks Val... I will have a :book: later at them.:2thumbsup

What's the latest with your Legnum then?

valmes
01-03-2006, 04:18 PM
Getting ready for summer :) Right now it's getting a new paint all over :)

BTW... I had a chance to get my hands on a TD06-20G kit for GTR... well guess what, it just may fit. Really, seems to be even less complicated than fitting Subaru turbos. ;) Nahh... will get my 13Ts running some #s first, only then will think of something else...

Also found that Greddy is now making some injectors for us...
http://www.xenon.lv/en/index.htm?id=category&type=9&subcat=82&maker=Mitsubishi&model=Galant&from=1996&to=2000
at least they say they do...

Kieran
02-03-2006, 02:19 AM
Brilliant - Thanks Val... I will have a :book: later at them.:2thumbsup

And they make very good reading..... I'll digest properly over the weekend.... Thanks again Val!!:scholar: :book:

And it must be bedtime now...:zzz:

valmes
07-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Here is something interesting... this is a small vb program (created by one of the 3si members) for MS excel that will help you go MAF'less (speed density\MAP) with e-manage Ultimate. It will read logs with your Hz, RPM and boost values and create an Airflow output map for you. Now that process is simple enough. Although you will have to get IAT and Baro pressure signals fixed.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~stealthrims/EmanageTool/Tuning_Technics_Ultimate.zip

P.S.:
2 pezza:
I can't use pager...
If you have a chance to upgrade to ultimate from blue - definitely do it. You will like the fact that it can satisfy some of the demands you might not even be aware of right now.

Best regards,
Val

Wodjno
21-04-2007, 02:52 PM

Which cylinders are which when looking at engine from the front ?? :speechles

zentac
21-04-2007, 02:56 PM
If memory serves

2 4 6
1 3 5

If your stood in front of the car looking at the engine

Wodjno
21-04-2007, 03:32 PM
If memory serves

2 4 6
1 3 5

If your stood in front of the car looking at the engine

Good man :pimp2:

Gly
21-04-2007, 09:51 PM
07-03-2006, 08:10 PM #83
valmes

back from the dead!

Wodjno
22-04-2007, 09:54 AM
valmes

back from the dead!

????

valmes
23-04-2007, 02:20 PM
valmes

back from the dead!

Thread? :thinking: :inquisiti

Wodjno
23-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Thread? :thinking: :inquisiti

I could see that /yes

I didn't think it needed stating :thinking:

I posted my question here, as it keeps all this type of info in the same thread, instead of 40000 different threads as a lot of things are cos people don't search enough :scholar::pimp2: