PDA

View Full Version : orange warning light

mannynz
12-08-2005, 08:51 AM
hello all, think of got a big problem. When i start my car up a orange square light comes up on the dash and stays on. This light normal goes off when the car starts.
Anyway when i accellerate the car stutters/jumps. This doesnt happen all the time, sometimes the light doesnt come on at all and car drives normally.

Does anyone know what is happening please /help

wirdy
12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
hello all, think of got a big problem. When i start my car up a orange square light comes up on the dash and stays on. This light normal goes off when the car starts.
Anyway when i accellerate the car stutters/jumps. This doesnt happen all the time, sometimes the light doesnt come on at all and car drives normally.

Does anyone know what is happening please /help

I think we'll need a better description, or better still a picture of the location of the light, to give you information that's of any use.

Nick Mann
12-08-2005, 02:03 PM
I think we'll need a better description, or better still a picture of the location of the light, to give you information that's of any use.

There aren't many orange lights, are there? Is it the engine light? If so you need to get a code from the ecu to determine what the car thinks the fault is.

Physician
12-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Nick is probably correct but just to make sure ...... which light Manny?

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/dash.jpg

mannynz
14-08-2005, 04:36 AM
Hi nice pic, it is the light to the left of the ACY light guys.

Pescha
14-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Hi nice pic, it is the light to the left of the ACY light guys.

Does the traction control light come on too? (thats the one with the car and the skid marks behind it top right) You could try pushing the two black modules (vaccum valve modules, which is letting air in, hence why when you accellerate the car stutters/jumps (well lets hope it's as simple as that)) they are located on your firewall, next to a tube/bottle looking thing (forgot what it is called lol) but it's on the passenger side about 200mm from the guard approximatley.

I had this problem with my car, and a nice member at this site told me how to fix it, it only moved 1/2mil but worked....

Hope this helps!

Pescha!

Physician
14-08-2005, 08:33 AM
I'll let others deal with the technical aspects :smug: ............. I'll just provide the pics :embarasse

MARKED BY YELLOW ARROW but also make sure all piping in this area and where it connects at other end is tight.

http://homepage.mac.com/rgdavies2000/.Pictures/air.jpg

mannynz
14-08-2005, 12:19 PM
No no other lights come on. I will try doing what you guys suggest tomorrow, if that doesnt work off to the mechcanic to make him rich

mannynz
21-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Well i took my car to Ralliart and what do you know the problem just goes away right befire i get there.
They checked it out on the computer and it came up with airflow meter so the cleared this off and me car is running fine again YEY!!!

BraindG
22-08-2005, 08:27 AM
yeay.. but don't you just hate that!. you have a problem, and when someone takes a look at it it goes away.. grrrr... im sure cars have got brains, and laugh at us in those cases.. /yes