PDA

View Full Version : ironic

psbarham
13-08-2005, 07:08 PM
irony is alive and kicking in the bmw world as well here (http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=336159&an=0&page=0#336159)

wirdy
13-08-2005, 10:08 PM
irony is alive and kicking in the bmw world as well here (http://www.bm3w.co.uk/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=336159&an=0&page=0#336159)

Can you paste it?

/ I just can't bring myself to register onto a BMW forum just to see it :undecided

strapping young lad
13-08-2005, 10:15 PM
aye if its that good then pls paste it, dont really fancy going on a website where the owners own the roads ;)

Nick VR4
13-08-2005, 10:41 PM
aye if its that good then pls paste it, dont really fancy going on a website where the owners own the roads ;)

They think they own the roads /Steeringw /grr

psbarham
13-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Can you paste it?

/ I just can't bring myself to register onto a BMW forum just to see it :undecided
sorry matey i didn't realise it was one of websites where you have to register for every thing typical BMfriggingW

You know the scene.. the road goes from 2 lanes to 1, there are signs telling you this at 800, 600, 400 and 200 yards.

WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH ME DRIVING TO THE END WHERE IT MERGES (AS ADVISED IN THE REVISED HIGHWAY CODE) AND MERGING IN TURN TO HELP KEEP THE TRAFFIC FLOW?

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO ZOOM UP AND STOP PEOPLE PULLING IN BECAUSE YOU WERE STUPID ENOUGH TO SIT IN THE QUEUE OF TRAFFIC FOR 800 YARDS FOR THE LAST 20 MINUTES?

IS IT MY FAULT YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE HIGHWAY CODE?

NO...

AARRGGGHHHHHH

Mind you, in London once I did this and the car pulled in to stop me, but I decided I wasnt going to give, and I guess he assume that me being in a new BMW would stop, WRONG.. I took off his mirrors and carried on my merry way as he stopped to pick them up.
you can imagine some of the replies he got http://www.dazza.nildram.co.uk/Graemlins/toss.gif

strapping young lad
13-08-2005, 10:52 PM
blimey... and they wonder why they get such bad rep!

i was in convoy with another 2 discoveries a few years ago heading north towards the thelwall car park on the m6 (so quickly we forget how hard it was to go through this bloody place on the m6!)

the lanes went from 3 to two and there were huge traffic queues as it was a sunday evening in the middle of the kids holidays...

anyway my mate in one of the discos hollers to me on the CB to line up 3-abreast and go the same speed as the flow of traffic... worked a treat in peeing off those who were impatient... it seems truckers do this a lot (so he says)...

ANYWAY i remember a time when i lived in treforest in the rhondda and driving towards port talbot on the m4 where the lanes went down to 1 (the m4 only has 2 in most parts of wales) and anyone caught driving to the end of the road and shoving in, got pulled by the fuzz, ! hehe how funny seeing a show-off blasting past me then the next minute made to feel tiny by a copper :)

wirdy
13-08-2005, 11:26 PM
You're not going to like me then....

I used to be firmly subscribed to the 'pull over early, it lets the traffic flow better' & 'those to$$ers who go right up to the end before pulling in are causing the flow to stop' brigade, however.........

Logic tells you that leaving one lane empty for up to a mile before the lane closes actually REDUCES traffic flow.

Now I use the available road up until the lane closes & I don't believe I'm doing anything wrong at all. If we all drove as in Germany, where it's LAW that traffic queues have to zipper, then traffic would flow so much easier.

It's just that some people get cheesed off that they've pulled in far too early because they're scared they won't be able to get in further up the line.

If you're scared of traffic then stay at home, losers. If not, I'll follow you up to the 200yd boards and pull in without causing anyone to brake unnecessarily.

So I'm sorry to say... (except the bit about taking some poor blokes mirror off)...I'm with the BMW driver on this one :thumbsup:

SGHOM
13-08-2005, 11:40 PM
classic example !! :

in chesterfield....... outside lane of bypass is closed. but there is a huge sign saying " USE BOTH LANES"
do they ?? ......... no ? /Hmmm they all queue up for 500 yds + in the inside lane ?? except me. :smug: /Steeringw

Nick Mann
13-08-2005, 11:49 PM
I agree, Nigel. Use all available tarmac, and all available lanes. Highway code stuff.

My argument is with people who blat along in the lane which is ending at 4 or 5 times the speed of everything else and then muscle their way in to the next lane over.

It is the 'If I can get one car further up the queue then I'm winning' mentality that annoys me. Fair enough on an open free moving road, but not in a traffic jam! And that, unfortunately, seems to be BMW driver logic.

wirdy
13-08-2005, 11:58 PM
yep, trickle along & as soon as the 200yd marker comes up or you can clearly see the cones begin to divert in then it's time to begin merging.

I do get annoyed when you get the so-called 'do-gooder' who thnk they are the traffic Police, straddling both lanes with a mile to go. Sometimes I wish I had some big tyres strapped to my bumper...arrrggh!!

strapping young lad
14-08-2005, 12:18 AM
as i was saying both of these incidents were a few years ago.

tbh if it happens that im in the slower of two lanes merging then im not bothered, usually cos im going to work, there's no need to rush now is there.

however if it happened where i needed to be somewhere then i would get rid of said scruples and bomb down the empty lane.

something that bothers me a LOT more than anything else (except being cut up) is lane hoggers doing slow speeds.. AND BLOODY CRANES ON THE M6!, guys you can only do 20mph use the bloody A roads! or dont travel in rush hour..! :(

OH whilst im at it those who sit in the fast lane unwilling to budge just in case they cant overtake again... grrr