PDA

View Full Version : rear back box

ANTHONY
14-08-2005, 10:18 PM
i'm thinking of getting a rear back box mainly just for more noise..... what i wanna know is
1...what type
2...are they road legel
3...will it pass the mot
4....and what about warrenty issues

i'v see one on ebay its a ralliart type box is it worth getting.?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7992564801&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
i dont rearly wanna change the compleat system at the moment/help

Quail
15-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Im a bit of a newb here, but I'll answer anyway!

1) Personally, as it's a Jap turbo, id go for a 4" to 5" slashcut, but at the end of the day, its down to personal preference, and theres no right or wrong answer.

2) Yes, they are road legal. If you track your car though; they may have sound limits. It should be OK if your keeping your centre silencer though.

3) Yes it will pass MOT, the backbox wont affect your emmisions

4) Not sure on this one, if your reffering to the mistibushi warranty; if they can prove the backbox is the reason your car broke/ is faulty, then yes, it voids your warranty.

Hope this helps

ANTHONY
15-08-2005, 07:00 PM
thanks for that mate:thumbsup:

Quail
15-08-2005, 07:35 PM
No problem :)

Nick Mann
15-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Im a bit of a newb here, but I'll answer anyway!

1) Personally, as it's a Jap turbo, id go for a 4" to 5" slashcut, but at the end of the day, its down to personal preference, and theres no right or wrong answer.

2) Yes, they are road legal. If you track your car though; they may have sound limits. It should be OK if your keeping your centre silencer though.

3) Yes it will pass MOT, the backbox wont affect your emmisions

4) Not sure on this one, if your reffering to the mistibushi warranty; if they can prove the backbox is the reason your car broke/ is faulty, then yes, it voids your warranty.

Hope this helps

Agreed with all of the above except for one little word. Turbo! :p /pan

Quail
15-08-2005, 07:48 PM
Ah ok, not a VR4 driver! My mistake :embarasse

Nick Mann
15-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Ah ok, not a VR4 driver! My mistake :embarasse

/whispers

s'ok, it made Anthony feel all excited for a minute!!

/Says loudly

Hey, Anthony, how the devil are you?! :joker:

ANTHONY
15-08-2005, 09:38 PM
i'm good nick.:thumbsup:........ hows the new motor?

Big Ian
15-08-2005, 09:38 PM
if you end up with looking at universal fit one's then get it from the State's through eBay /yes better quality for your money and not as much cash to buy + P+P fee's. i bought my 2, 4.5" one's with shipping fee's for £70 the pair :smug:

ANTHONY
15-08-2005, 09:44 PM
what size do i need to look for so as not to upset the engine, is 4.5'' ok ian?

Big Ian
15-08-2005, 09:51 PM
what size do i need to look for so as not to upset the engine, is 4.5'' ok ian?

i think the standard inlet (fitment) side of the back box is 2" diameter, the size of the end (exit) is up to what size you want seen from behind your car.....2" up to 6" if you like /yes

ANTHONY
15-08-2005, 10:00 PM
thanks mate:thumbsup: so what u gonna get next in the way of a motor/Steeringw

Big Ian
15-08-2005, 10:33 PM
thanks mate:thumbsup: so what u gonna get next in the way of a motor/Steeringw

Ah Ha...........that is the $1.000.000 Question /yes all i can say is "Mitsubishi" as my wife doesn't think BMW or Volvo have the same ring to them? :rolleyes4 and a Vectra is a good case for divorce /Hmmm

goto say i have a very understanding wife :smitten: , and she has told me to hold on to my GLS, save some more and get a VR4 later this year as it's the only car we can both agree on /yes ....we'll see :undecided
so with my hand on my heart i can honestly say "my next car will be a VR4" /yes :smug: (because my wife has told me so!)

ANTHONY
15-08-2005, 10:47 PM
good man.i must say my wife was ok about the spoiler turning up today i did not tell her i was getting it/Hmmm. but she just said i hope it fits:happy:...she must be after somthing:inquisiti. it was about £140.00 inc shipping and painted the right colour:thumbsup:

ANTHONY
15-08-2005, 10:48 PM
good man.i must say my wife was ok about the spoiler turning up today i did not tell her i was getting it/Hmmm. but she just said i hope it fits:happy:...she must be after somthing:inquisiti. it was about £140.00 inc shipping and painted the right colour:thumbsup:..............hang on wrong thread:rolleyes4 oh well

Big Ian
15-08-2005, 10:56 PM
..............hang on wrong thread:rolleyes4 oh well

Tony, you can take this thread/post in any /Steeringw direction you want! /yes ....you started it :thumbsup:

:joker:

AHEM!
so ehh what size of back box you after :happy:

ANTHONY
15-08-2005, 10:59 PM
i think i'll have to wait for the back box. having just got the spoiler dont want to up set her in doors