yangjiesheng
15-08-2005, 03:05 AM
Dear all,

I just having some problem.
After an hour tried last nite..
With a friend helping me up.

I'm trying to set my boost at 1.0bar.

Set :40%

Gain: 45% (Is it ok for me to go even higher????)
Set Gain (Start Boost): 0.8

WARNING: 1.2
Limiter: 36%

Currently... my 1st Gear spike all the way to 1.2bar..
Then fell immediately to 1.0bar...
As rpm go higher.. it drop a little to 0.9++

Much better than my previous Blitz SSBC..
At least I hold quite well around 1.0bar.

Does anyone care to share your setting..
Eventhought I know.. every car is different.

thanks

Regards
jason

aaron68nz
15-08-2005, 04:34 AM
Have you got a standard ECU or rather standard fuel cut setting? My problems have been with maximising boost without hitting fuel cut. As the fuel cut is based on the mass of air entering the engine it is dependent on air temperature at presumably the mass air flow sensor. At midday temps here in Sydney of around 15-20 degrees at the moment I'm getting fuel cut in second gear at WOT as low as 0.92 at about 4,000rpm. It's been mentionned here that fuel cut is also dependent on load on the turbo and keepng the revs up high at WOT will help avoid fuel cut. This fuel cut at 0.92 was achieved by holding in second gear starting at about 1,500rpm and flooring the accelerator on a gentle incline of a hill. Things may be different if you floor it on auto from standstill at first gear and let the car go through the gears and if the car is on a level road.
Currently I'm achieving spikes of around 0.90-0.95ish ish and a hold boost of around 0.75 to 0.80. I'm ideally trying to bring the spike down to 0.90 and a hold around 0.80 0.85 - that is fuel cut permitting!
My current settings are:

Set: 24
gain:20
set gain: 0.71 (although have just set this down from 0.75 and haven't experimented)

I'm focusing on adjusting set gain pressure so as to have a small beneficial spike before fuel cut happens in the rev range and have the boost then settle a bit lower so as not to trigger fuel cut. Having Set gain too close to max boost will cause spiking as the system, ie wastegate etc, doesn't have enough time to react. I haven't yet tried playing around with set too much but this can also have an effect on spiking if it's too high.

yangjiesheng
15-08-2005, 12:53 PM
I'm having 2nd Gen Unchip.
So may be that why I yet to receive any fuel cut.

I'm just wondering.. can Gain be set too high...?

aaron68nz
16-08-2005, 12:43 AM
I'm just wondering.. can Gain be set too high...?

I'm not aware that it would be of any possible danger to the boost controller itself but maybee of course to your engine if the resulting boost is too high. If you're really worried you could always get the air/fuel ratios checked. I think Bigdaveakers on this forum once wondered if he'd killed his previous engine from an aggressively fast build up of boost as opposed to too much boost. But then your unichip might have this potential problem covered.

yangjiesheng
16-08-2005, 08:27 AM
I see..
Ok.. Will get a meter to check my air/fuel meter.. to see
whether everything is ok or not.

Will update your. :)

Oh ya, check out this site
http://www8.cds.ne.jp/~tyoshi/car/

This Jap guy really turn his Galant.. into monster..
with almost all DIY up.. :p
Cool... man!!!

Regards
Jason

Quail
17-08-2005, 01:07 AM
I
http://www8.cds.ne.jp/~tyoshi/car/

That is indeed one scary looking Galant! :evil2:

bradc
17-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I think that Galant looks great, I like the front bumper