PDA

View Full Version : broken prop shaft?

richieelliott
16-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Hey all after yesterdays track day at coombe with ujcc i had developed a spokey dokey like effect clinking effect so being the concientious driver i am took it in to ap motors where they jacked it up and spun wheel and the prop shaft made the same noise as i was hearing. However on my return journey home the car hasnt made the sound so im wondering if it is broken or the car is just readjusting to proper driving more extensive investigations will have to be made any ideas will be welcome from you vr4 gods

Spirit
16-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Well how bloody weird is that ???

I was there when the car was jacked up and witnessed the noise /Hmmm

Already spoken to Mo and he is sure he has a spare one. I will let you know when he calls/texts me Rich. Personally I would go steady for a day or two and see what happens.

richieelliott
16-08-2005, 06:39 PM
very strange im quite worried obviously that prop shaft is gone but it sounded awful and felt awful before i got to ap and now feels and sounds normal what am i to do?

Kieran
16-08-2005, 07:26 PM
very strange im quite worried obviously that prop shaft is gone but it sounded awful and felt awful before i got to ap and now feels and sounds normal what am i to do?

/Hmmm "Stop ragging the poor thing!!!" /pan

Seriously...... As Pete says, if it's normal-ish at the moment, hang fire before doing anything. If something's going to let go, wait for it to happen or get beyond doubt - You see it could be the prop shaft, but what if it's not and you've spent £££s on a replacement.... /help

richieelliott
16-08-2005, 08:07 PM
got one problem with that go steady?!!!! you serious? no really im duty tomorrow which means car will go into work wont move til thursday will come home with me thursday morning then i got a posh swanky night in tux and limo so no driving then i need to be in shrewsbury so do i take it or not? cause monday i could be at sea oh dear im bo ll oxed poo

Spirit
16-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Well if it was me I would make sure I have some AA or RAC type cover and then take it. If it goes then at least you can get the car home again.

Don't forget, many of them won't attend a breakdown in the first 24 hrs so get some cover tomorrow (if you ain't got any already). If you make it there and back with no issues then it's still money well spent to have such cover for a year.

richieelliott
16-08-2005, 10:09 PM
lol im surprised you think a professional defect merchant like me hasnt got aa cover

i got the top whack lol
just worried about completly knackering car up

ps dvd is ready ill give you a copy before i go

Spirit
16-08-2005, 10:15 PM
ps dvd is ready ill give you a copy before i go

Excellent mate, either drop it to me at Murrays (Millbay Road) or home mate (can PM you address if you wanna post it)

zedy1
17-08-2005, 07:42 AM
just got back home 5 mins ago,so ill check later and text you the results

richieelliott
18-08-2005, 11:54 AM
hey Mo have you checked yet mate?
i suppose i had better get a spare if it starts making that noise

many thanks

richie

zedy1
18-08-2005, 12:06 PM
hey Mo have you checked yet mate?
i suppose i had better get a spare if it starts making that noise

many thanks

richie

i have checked and have one for you mate

pls call me on 078158846478 if youre interested

richieelliott
18-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Mo have sorted courier let me know your details address e mail etc and how to pay you also when is conveiniant for them to collect it in the next few days
many thanks for your help
richie

richieelliott
26-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Mo your a hero arrived in time got it in and works a dream if you ever need a submarine for anything gimme a shout

regards
richie

Kieran
26-08-2005, 01:16 PM
..........if you ever need a submarine for anything gimme a shout....

/lol

Brilliant! Can we go and drop some ICBMs on the French please Richie!! :leer:

richieelliott
26-08-2005, 01:20 PM
you would be shocked at the stories i could tell you about us and the french!
unfortunatly afterward i would have to kill you take your car through gravel pits and scuff your alloys and burn your queen greatest hits cd!
:scholar:

Nick Mann
26-08-2005, 01:31 PM
you would be shocked at the stories i could tell you about us and the french!
unfortunatly afterward i would have to kill you take your car through gravel pits and scuff your alloys and burn your queen greatest hits cd!
:scholar:

PMSL!!! The car through gravel is far more scary than death for K!!

French fishing boats and nets? Or even more fun than that!!

richieelliott
26-08-2005, 01:38 PM
well lets just say we keep our friends and enemies equally close

Kieran
26-08-2005, 02:43 PM
PMSL!!! The car through gravel is far more scary than death for K!

/help /JawDroppi :uhoh: :end:

/Cue sound of car being wrapped in bubblewrap to protect against excursions into local quarrys.... :embarasse

zedy1
26-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Mo your a hero arrived in time got it in and works a dream if you ever need a submarine for anything gimme a shout

regards
richie

happy to help