PDA

View Full Version : Less than 3 months !

Spirit
16-08-2005, 10:07 PM
That's all it took to wear out my third set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's.

The last set were fitted 25th May, and the fourth set went on today. Mind you they have suffered RT2 and yesterday at Castle Combe.

I was half tempted to try something else.....but I know exactly how the car handles with these babies on, and my usual supplier did me a spanking deal again....£366 supplied and fitted :thumbsup:

KiwiTT
16-08-2005, 10:10 PM
You really use them well. I suspect I will get a full year or two on mine. It must be all that "hard" racing.

Kieran
16-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Bl00dy good price there Pete :rolleyes4 And yes, you are certainly using them well!!! :rolleyes4

Spirit
16-08-2005, 10:18 PM
And yes, you are certainly using them well!!! :rolleyes4

That set certainly had the most fun /yes

The biggest surprise was that just one session yesterday did more damage than the whole RT2 trip /Hmmm

KiwiTT
16-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Q: Have you thought of getting "Semi-Slick" road legal tyres. You carry them in the boot and on the rear seats when going to the track and then changing them over at the track pits.

Spirit
16-08-2005, 10:30 PM
Thought of that before mate.....but it's the one occassion I wish I had a Numleg.

With a child, and all the other stuff required for a trackday, I just ain't got the room to carry a second set of wheels :embarasse

KiwiTT
16-08-2005, 10:33 PM
How about a support car ? or a tow bar added for a trailer.

pezza
16-08-2005, 10:39 PM
The biggest surprise was that just one session yesterday did more damage than the whole RT2 trip

Yup spare set of race wheels would be the perfect solution....

A fourth set will be on their way after Trax no doubt :evil2:

I am up for a tyre (and hopefully wheel) change soon I may give these goodyears a shot... :thumbsup:

Spirit
16-08-2005, 10:54 PM
A fourth set will be on their way after Trax no doubt :evil2:

Fourth set are on mate....... /help

I just may have to sell my track slots for Trax.....depends on the upcoming damage to

1: Skim front discs
2: Fix ABS problem
3: Pay current AP Motors bill

Did anyone else know that "Track Days" is code for "Bottomless Pit"
/pan

pezza
17-08-2005, 12:21 AM

I just may have to sell my track slots for Trax.....depends on the upcoming damage to

1: Skim front discs
2: Fix ABS problem
3: Pay current AP Motors bill

/pan

It's the 3rd one that would frighten me :uhoh:

HJM
17-08-2005, 07:06 AM

/pan

That's what happens when you drive like Jean Alesi :joker: /Steeringw :joker:

The olde Falkens held up well due to the harder compound, although the shoulders took a hammering :happy: /yes :2thumbsup

KADs were brilliant yet again as Ritchie and Kev well know :rolleyes4 :leer:

The Vee
17-08-2005, 11:44 PM
That's all it took to wear out my third set of Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's.

The last set were fitted 25th May, and the fourth set went on today. Mind you they have suffered RT2 and yesterday at Castle Combe.

I was half tempted to try something else.....but I know exactly how the car handles with these babies on, and my usual supplier did me a spanking deal again....£366 supplied and fitted :thumbsup:

Just put a set of these on for RT2 - very pleased, but even more impressed with your price. Got mine for 380 and are slightly less profile than yours.
Still recommend 'em though