PDA

View Full Version : Helloo!

Quail
19-08-2005, 01:33 PM
Hello :thumbsup:

Ive been looking around the forum for a week or so now; trying to top up my VR4 knowledge.

I have owned my Honda Civic for nearly two years now, and its time for something with a bit more power; me and my dad are looking for a new project. He bought a 350Z hoping to do some work on it, but hes too worried about losing his warranty :inquisiti ... We had our eye on a R33Gtst, but its becoming slightly too common now, especially as I have two friends that drive the things! I was after something a bit more subtle & stealthy, and the Legnum VR4 fits the bill perfectly!

Im looking to spend around 4-6K, and have been checking the F/S section every day. Im hoping to have one before Christmas, the only thing im scared of is insurance as im only 19 :embarasse .

Here's mine and my dads cars atm. By the sounds of things, the VR4 is faster than the Z :evil2:

BraindG
19-08-2005, 01:36 PM
it does, but your links are dead... you could alawys use the attachment feature.

Quail
19-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Cheers mate, sorted

Nick Mann
19-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Not sure on the figures for the 350Z. Its a nice looking car, though! Check out the FS section, there are some nice cars there at the moment. Insurance will undoubtedly be expensive/difficult for you. Good luck!

bradc
19-08-2005, 08:29 PM
I saw a video on top gear once comparing the old 300zx to the 350z, and the 300zx beat the 350z by quite a long distance. To compare that to a VR-4, I think the 300zx is around the same speed as VR-4's.

I got my VR-4 when I was 20, and I had a GDi when I was 18, my parents have had all of their insurance through the same company for the last 25 years or so, it was easy for me. I'd suggest you talk to your parents company.

As Nick said, there are a few cars in the FS section, including a nice and rare red Legnum.

colVR4
19-08-2005, 08:45 PM
hmm, I think when I last looked that they quoted the 0-60 time for the 350Z as the same as the VR-4..but I could be wrong, I hasten to add!!!

The killer WILL be the insurance. The VR4 is down as group 20 I think, so you will be lucky to find anyone willing to insure you and if they do it will cost an arm and a leg (and probably a kidney, a bit of your liver and a few trips down the local sperm bank)

Quail
20-08-2005, 12:54 PM
Cheers for the replies :)

The UK 350Z gets to 60 in about 5.9, about the same as a well driven VR4. It wont take too long to get the VR4 to plus 300 bhp though, so should be able to cut that down. The VR4 also benefits from 4WD & Auto/Tip, so more consistent launches & shifts :). It should be able to beat the Z hopefully.

I love the Super VR4 currently in the F/S section, the only problem is it will probably be gone by the time I sell my civic :(

It was quite hard to get me insured on my little sohc civic, but if i do an advanced driving course (I left it too long to do PassPlus), it should equate to one years no claims. My dad found some sort of loophole with the last car, so hopefully will be able to do it again; but I agree, insurance is the only thing which will hold me back