PDA

View Full Version : Hi from A resident of the land of Mu :)

AncientOfMu
19-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Hi all,

As you can see from my details I currently drive a rover (eurghhh..but underrated) 600 turbo. Was interested in getting a Galant VR-4. Insurance put me off :( and im 32 with full no claims. The wife will be driving the new car mostly anyway,so... goin to look at a V6 Galant estate tmrw :). So hopefully join the ranks of all the Galant and Legnum owners out there.

Just one question.. I've had quotes from a mitsubishi dealer for a set of 17" alloys and various other parts to bring the car i'm looking at up to the same body spec as a V6 Sport. Does anyone know of where you can get the cheapest aftermarket body parts, wheels Tailgate spoiler etc. for the Galant?.

Cheers

Ancient

(Very glad to have joined the forum :) )

Kieran
19-08-2005, 11:27 PM
Welcome to Club VR-4!! :thumbsup:

I've just upgraded from a V6 Sport, and they're a fine car - 66% of VR-4 grunt, 50% costs. They can be a bit of a tyre-mangler in the wet though!

Cheapest way to get V6 Sport bits?..... Well, there's not much choice. No 3rd parties do kits that I know of, so either a breakers, or a Private Message to Mo (Zedy1) may help. BUT.... and this isn't so daft... See if you can get a V6 Sport Estate off the bat - Because sources are hard to come by, by the time you've bought all the bits to turn the car into a V6 Sport clone, you could have spent a fair old wedge. V6 Sports start from around £3.5K, so have a nosey. :happy:

AncientOfMu
20-08-2005, 02:02 AM
Unfortunatly im a bit picky :P

I'm after a car no older than Y reg and it has to be an estate. Since they only made them up till 03 im kinda finding it hard to find one :(. I've been looking for 2 months and apart from a £9k one (2.4gdi with 23k on the clock..well overpriced) i havnt had any luck. Maybe it would help to list the spec im after :0.

2 choices.. V6 Sport Estate or V6 Elegance Estate.

out of 113 cars on the autotrader website i think about 2 fit the bill :(. So i have resigned myself to the fact that if i can get a V6 late plate at a reasonable price i can buy the 17" 's Tint the windows and maybe just live with it, but, that all depends if i can find one at the right price.

Budget is £7000 but i just cant seem to find any :(:(.

And thx for the welcome :).

Big Ian
20-08-2005, 08:56 AM
atleast if you by a GLS model estate you'll get cruise control /yes ....have you thought about getting a 2ltr sport? (not much difference in power between the 2)....and all the trim part's are the same with 2ltr & V6 sport's.

AncientOfMu
21-08-2005, 10:03 AM
Well,

Travelled to Southampton to take a look and just got back.

Ended up buying the Galant :thumbsup:

Spec is 2001 model on a 2002 plate :inquisiti

2.5 V6 Auto tiptronic got the reallly nice wood and leather steering wheel :D.
Black Leather, Cruise, ^cd etc .

15" alloys ( Anyone want them?)

Gleeming black.

Modifications to be done immediatly are a set of V6 Sport 17" Alloys (Anyone got any for sale?) and get the rear glass Smoked. Also a VR-4 Tailgate spoiler.

85k on the clock and it was up for 7K !! managed to get it for 6K so pretty chuffed really, still think I paid a bit over the odds but hey at least I'm now the proud owner of a Mitsi :D. Pick it up tomorrow then it will be polishing for 6 hrs.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

psbarham
21-08-2005, 10:12 AM
nice one mate , hope you have many fun miles in her , i know i have in mine :thumbsup: don't bother with the sport alloys they are made of blu tack , get some aftermarket ones instead

Nick Mann
21-08-2005, 10:33 AM
don't bother with the sport alloys they are made of blu tack

Fair comment! The Sport alloys are made by Team Dynamics - they can be had in slightly different guise branded as TD. They are not expensive (I paid £300 for a set of four) but they are not strong. The only reason to get them is if you want to claim them as original equipment.

/edit - see here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5357

Big Ian
21-08-2005, 11:40 AM
:thumbsup: hope you enjoy your new car /yes ....for a rear spoiler, try ebay (germany) ive spotted them on there a few time's (and posted them within for sale/wanted section) also agree with the other's, 17" sport wheel's look good but are rubbish and also weigh far more than after-market item's :happy: