PDA

View Full Version : Vented Bonnet and Bumper importing

bradc
20-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Hey,
I've managed to find someone who can supply this bonnet and front bumper. At this stage he has quoted me about $390 for the bonnet and $430 for the bumper. I assume neither is carbon fibre, I'll find out soon though.

Freight for one of each would be about $500 for one of each piece. I'm definately going to get one of the bonnets, and I beleive one of my mates will be getting one of the bonnets as well.

Who is interested in these? I'm not interested in making money, or importing these more than once, the whole point in posting this is so that everyone has a chance to get one, and so that I can hopefully share the freight cost out a bit ;)

I think I'll wait for about aweeks to see how popular these are going to be, then I'll be sorting out with the guy exactly what the costs will be to everyone.

Thanks everyone!

You See
20-08-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm pretty interested in the kit...reckon it looks unique. Tho if everyone else gets one, guess it wouldn't be. :inquisiti
Which bonnet do you all think goes best?
1) The one above or
2) Evo style (like Pescha's) :rolleyes4

bradc
20-08-2005, 11:19 AM
As I said in emails to you, I think that the curvy bonnet looks better than the evo style, but with the whole body kit the evo one may suit the car better. You can get evo style ones from quite a few places anyway.

ShadyNZer
21-08-2005, 03:47 PM
can get that bumper from speed fac as well cant u? i was guna get that one when i seen how many ppl had the crux....but then i saw my current one and had a drool..

bradc
21-08-2005, 08:22 PM
I didn't realise that, I'll go and investigate that today. I can't seem to find a website for speed factory, do you know if they have one?

Gly
21-08-2005, 08:34 PM
http://www.speedfactory.co.nz/

i wouldnt mind getting the vented bonnet if the price is right.(inc shipping)
and depending on how soon you would be planning on doing this??

to many evo style ones around now

bradc
22-08-2005, 08:12 AM
thanks for the link. I personally think that a pre facelift looks best with the evo bonnet, the front bumper style works well with the evo bonnet.

the facelift definately looks best with the curvey style bonnet IMHO. I don't know what would look best with yours because of your slightly differant front bumper.

I've emailed speed factory (thanks for the link BTW) about their bumper and if they can get that bonnet. If you look closely their pictures of the body kit show the same bonnet as I have posted. I'd prefer to buy from them than import something, so hopefully they will be able to help.

I also spent a ton of time on the phone today and redline performance seem to think they are getting some in the curvey style in about 6 weeks, they will be in carbon fibre and about $750, so that is another alternative.

Gly
22-08-2005, 08:54 AM
well let me know if you decide to impost as id rather paint the bonnet to the same colour as my car, cant bring myself to do it to a carbon one.

ive got another front bumper same as ShadyNZer's just gotta get it painted and then fit it.

Pescha
22-08-2005, 09:03 AM
Well I still can get carbon fibre ones (like mine) still for $600! All you have to do is drive to Hamilton to get it!

Pescha!

bradc
22-08-2005, 10:54 AM
I think your one looks great on pre facelift ones Pescha, but I really don't think that it works well with facelift cars, thats why I'm so keen to get the curvey one.

Anyway, I think I'll see what speedfactory say, I don't really care if it is carbon or not, I'm going to paint it anyway. I'm also considering getting one of these http://www.japaneseperformanceparts.com/mitsubishi-evo-with-mesh-p-3691.html?osCsid=79b3b6fa1ab25f2892fca995cc22acfc and putting it on the bonnet towards the back of the bonnet, over the intake manifold.

You See
22-08-2005, 12:52 PM
Sounds good Brad, lets see what these places can come up with. I've also emailed SpeedFactory about their "Kit 2"
..still not too sure which bonnet goes well..
..Pescha can I borrow yours for a day?...Promise I'll give it back...whoa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa :evil2:

ShadyNZer
22-08-2005, 01:45 PM
wouldnt mind one of those silver carbon fibre bonnets speed fac. sell as well, just to be different, tho already forked out a lil for the one i got now so splurt....but yeah i got some pics of that kit on a galant that was for sale on trade me a lil while back, thats one of the reasons that put me off the idea of gettin it as well....looked tight as a nun too

bradc
23-08-2005, 09:07 AM
ok, I've talked to speed factory quite a bit, they simply can't get the bonnet I want, but they can get the bumper for $650 incl gst. I said we might be after a bit of a group buy, and that I would let the guy know by thursday this week.

Uc, how much did he quote for the whole kit? Are you interested in just the bumper at this stage? I'll definately get one, but if anyone else is interested in one we may be able to get a bit of a discount.

Gly
23-08-2005, 10:29 AM
so what you gonna do about the bonnet??

bradc
23-08-2005, 10:35 AM
still contemplating importing it. I've spent hours and hours this week looking around for it, and I'm on to a few leads at this stage.

There are 2 more places in NZ that I've contacted and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. What I need to know at this stage is how many people would like the bumper?

You See
23-08-2005, 12:36 PM
As per reply email
"Hi there,

the price less the rear spoiler and pick up in auckland is $1700,I have the sideskirt and rear bumper in stock,no stock for the front bumper,it's about 4 weeks delivery if you order now,cheers

Speedfactory"

I'd rather do the whole kit at the same time rather than just the bonnet, I've spoken with All Motor, and he's getting a few kits in, have asked him for samples and visuals on what he's getting...esp. for galants/legnums.

bradc
23-08-2005, 08:31 PM
When will all motor be getting their kits in?

I've spoken to speedfactory some more, he is going to look really hard for me to find the bonnet :D Hopefully he can find it before thursday when he is putting his order in.

maori_by_nature
24-08-2005, 12:19 AM
can u find out who is shiping it i might b able 2 get that at nxt 2 f all, my dad is one of the heads @ c post...

bradc
24-08-2005, 04:45 AM
don't know yet, I'm still organising it all with the other body kit guys in nz

You See
24-08-2005, 11:18 AM
When will all motor be getting their kits in?

Dunno yet...he wants to see what the quality is like first. But he said once he finds out what's available for Galants/Legnums he'll let me know.
:thumbsup:

bradc
24-08-2005, 12:27 PM
cool, let me know. Hopefully speedfactory get back to me soon as well.

bradc
25-08-2005, 08:23 PM
ok, speedfactory have said $650 for the bumper and $750 for the bonnet, exactly as I had pictured at the start of the thread.

Who's keen? I must know as soon as possible though.

Gly
26-08-2005, 06:45 AM
750 is too much for the bonnet IMO, so im out,
if you can get them down to around 550 let me know

bradc
26-08-2005, 08:20 AM
ok, I'll tell him I'll get 2x bonnets and 1x bumper at this stage, and see if he will do the bonnets for 550.