PDA

View Full Version : Confused

jackett
22-08-2005, 06:49 PM
Seriously confused, and this question will probably make it no clearer, but in the search for more power is it better to have induction kit, panel filter or standard filter and standard exhaust, full system, or just cat replacement pipe.
I have been trawling through loads of past threads and there is a for and against for each one. I have had induction kits and full systems on a few cars before and apart from the glorius noise I have to say that I didn't notice any difference( though they were not turbo)
Its just that I'm planning on a piggyback ECU and boost controller and don't want to fit them till everything else is in place( if you need anything else in place! )
I'm not after massive engine killing power gains, but at the same time don't want to be saying in six months time "sh1t, should ave bought the super drager and super power flow" and then have to get the ECU fiddled with again.
Any thoughts? :rolleyes4

i3ooyah
24-08-2005, 02:19 PM
get a panel filter, the only real benefit you will get from a podfilter is if you go the whole way, with a cold air box &some decent airflow

and also found 2.5" off the turbo back is about as big as you can go to a 3" catback exhaust yields the best results

jackett
25-08-2005, 06:10 PM
Nice one, thanks for the advice.