PDA

View Full Version : UK Galant Owners (non vr4)

BraindG
26-08-2003, 05:25 PM
I have added a couple of forums, and titled the main forum so that its a bit easier to understand..

I’ve read a few of you wondering about integration into clubvr4.. well, if you feel you would like a couple more forums list them, and ill take them into consideration..

we will not push away the UK Galant owners.. we are here to please..

awwww.. your own wee home :)

Kieran
26-08-2003, 06:42 PM
:cool1: :) :hurrah: :thumb1: :boing4: :sunny:

Yipee!! Thanks Barry, that's very good of you!

Come on then, Non-VR4 owners.... You can come out of hiding now:D

Japmetal
26-08-2003, 08:33 PM
Who's hiding ? I'm just busily turning my old [but by no means past it :P] GTi into something to run with the big boys :D [albeit rather slowly at the mo :INSERT INTO post VALUES (]

Ever heards of RIPP mods, guys ?

pickigar
27-08-2003, 07:34 AM
Hi All

I currently have a 2.5 V6 Elegance, as I do 25,000miles a year a VR4 is uneconomical! With my driving I would use so much fuel as I enjoy hearing the engine tone. I am currently considering some 325mm brake discs from Godspeed Motorsport, and also a new Alpine sound system. Does anybody have some fuel economy figures for a VR4?
I hope to post some pictures of my Galant Soon!

Gary

BraindG
27-08-2003, 07:39 AM
im meant to be getting brembos from godspeed..

the fuel economy ranges from 12MPG to 22/25MPG depending on how much your trying not to floor it :)

Spirit
27-08-2003, 07:40 AM
Gary

Fuel economy and VR4 are rarely said in the same breath.

The average is between 18 and 25mpg depending on driving style/enviroment but on a track under 10mpg is quite likely !

However, most of us would agree we accept this for the performance

Pete

pickigar
27-08-2003, 08:47 AM
I am only getting 25mpg from the Elegance - just trying to convince the Mrs!!! that I need a VR4!

Dmac1969
29-08-2003, 07:13 PM
another UK non VR4 owner here , proud owner af a 97 V6-24V auto in Trigger Mauve....a few mods to come soon.

Spirit
30-08-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Dmac1969
....a few mods to come soon.

Good man ! :devil4: :hurrah: :beerclash

Dmac1969
31-08-2003, 10:18 AM
Vr4 rear spoiler ordered , as is a set of 4 Galant Sport 17" alloys , both from my local dealer INSERT INTO post VALUES (its a shame i cant afford the VR4 they have in tho...) More mods to come...Oh and heres a pic of her as standard.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/pd5b8f76948c440bf0ad73c6a3cf31ca5/fb4eae87.jpg

Brind
31-08-2003, 05:13 PM
VR-4 or no VR-4 the Galant sure is a nice looking car!

Dmac1969, those 17's will look great on your car as will the spoiler. :)

Dmac1969
31-08-2003, 07:38 PM
Brind
I hope so! I will post pics up in here INSERT INTO post VALUES (now Ive found that this is the forum to post in!!...can you enable the IMG code in this forum if at all possible?) when they are fitted. Next job is to 'clear the front corners' as our american cousins say on The Galant Center! Only thing is , all I have to do is buy 03 spec front indicators and side repeaters...they have to dismantle their headlights and scrape off the orange reflective material coz they have 1 piece lights! Then depending on price , I will fit the newer spec rear taillight clusters INSERT INTO post VALUES (if possible , of course) because i prefer them. Other jobs for the future include a partial front end respray to rid the bonnet and front airdam of a myriad of stonechips , and in the far future INSERT INTO post VALUES (and assuming I can find one!) fitment of a body styling kit.

Cheers

Brind
31-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Sounds like you have some great plans. :)

BraindG is the man to enable forum stuff.
He may if you ask him nicely open a new picture forum for non VR4's.
That is of course if he isn't too busy scanning the who's online list. ;) :D

Kieran
31-08-2003, 10:23 PM
Dmac,

What size are the wheels & tyres you're taking off, are they available and how much if they are?:D

Spirit
01-09-2003, 12:49 AM
Dmac

Nice stuff you are doing and good looking car. You mentioned the newer version rear light clusters. Have you considered getting the Lexus style clusters ? This is something a couple of us were looking into but never got around too as they don't seem to be available here in the UK but you can get them for about $250 shipped from the US - may still be cheaper than Mitsy ones ?

Pete

Dmac1969
01-09-2003, 07:23 PM
Kieran
The alloys on my car are 15" , so I believe only 1 inch bigger than yours are , complete with 195-60-15 tyres. They arent in their 1st flush of youth mind you. I'm sure we could sort something if you really want them , personally i think they look too small on a Galant. INSERT INTO post VALUES (Edited to say the wheels are listed in the current Galant acessories brochure as 'Alloy wheel 12 spoke , 6Jx15" . part number MZ556351)

Spirit
I had thought of getting the IS200 INSERT INTO post VALUES (Altezzas as they call them) lights , but theres a few snags with them. 1st , they dont have amber indicators , they flash red , and from what ive been told , just changing the bulbs wont do anything to help that. 2nd there are no provisions for foglights in these clusters either , so you either swap back to ur originals every MOT , or cut the bumper and fit a standard rear fog a la grey import VR4s. If you could get a few made up to UK spec with fogs and amber indicators id chew ur hand off for a set!!!

Japmetal
06-09-2003, 11:27 AM
You're forgetting one other minor point about 'Altezzas'

THEY LOOK CRAP !!

a decent set of smoked/afterburner rear lights looks much better, insted of all that tacky chrome :nono:

Nick Mann
06-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Hello from an owner of a finesse green V6-24 estate!

Going back to body kits, has anyone seen the Erebuni kit in the flesh? It looks good in photos.

I am hoping to upgrade to the VR-4 legnum soon. Have spotted one near portsmouth, but don't know if I can get to it before anyone else!

Japmetal
09-09-2003, 11:33 PM
I've only seen pictures[albeit alot of them !], but that front bumper is NICE !!

not really seen much of the rest of the kit tho :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

Nick Mann
10-09-2003, 12:28 PM
Seen a few more piccies random photos section. Looks better on some cars than others, but I can't really work out why? There are comments about poor fit quality, though.

Missed the car near Portsmouth, a bargain too - 18 mnths old, 7k, silver estate, uk suplied with remainder of 3 yr warranty, £15995!

BU@@ER!