Kieran
26-08-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Brind
I'm the first to post in the new section! :monkey2:

Goddamit! you beat me to it!!!!

Frasser, rasser Dick Dastardly, etc....:mad2: :D:D

Dmac1969
01-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Anyone know any performance mods for the 2.5 V6 24V engine? Is there anything for this car at all?

Kieran
01-09-2003, 09:12 PM
Hmm.... I think Mitsubishi did something with a couple of turbochargers once, but I'm not sure:p:D

Seriously... None that I know of. It's a shame it wasn't used in the states like the 6G72 - they are fairly well catered for. I suspect you'll need to head towards Japan - I think the 2.5 was used over there.

Brind
01-09-2003, 09:18 PM
Could go the Nitrous route and be a VR-4 killer ;)

The only thing you can really do is supply it with more air, better exhaust system, polished and ported head, chip, uprated camshaft etc..
You could go the turbo route if you have that sort of money to throw around on a car.

Nitrous can be had for around £600 and you can add silly amounts of power with that stuff.

zedy1
01-09-2003, 10:48 PM
thats cheap is there any sort off waranty

Brind
02-09-2003, 12:41 AM
Yes mate! :)

ENGINE WARRANTY

We are offering potential customers a warranty against engine
component failure for the lowly price of £1 per bhp increase delivered by
our Nitrous system, i.e.. if you want a 25 bhp increase we will give you
engine cover for £25 INSERT INTO post VALUES (50 bhp for £50 and so on). No other company would
entertain any form of warranty at any price - we make this offer because
we KNOW our systems will not cause engine failure.

Have a read about it here: http://www.noswizard.com/information.php

They have a forum too so you can ask questions.

ritch_w
05-09-2003, 04:33 PM
I quite fancy a chip upgrade or Re-map - does anyone do this for the 2.5 V6? INSERT INTO post VALUES (especially in scotland?)

Dmac1969
05-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Ritch
Even if they do , it wont be worth the money it cost you on a non turbo car. I bought a Lancer GTi 16V a few years back which had been superchipped at a cost of nearly 400 quid , the owner reckoned he could hardly tell the difference , and , after driving a standard one and the chipped one back to back i reckoned on about a 4 or 5 BHP increase! Not good value at all INSERT INTO post VALUES (but hey I didnt pay for it , he did so I was happy!) Youd need to chip it , change the whole exhaust sytem INSERT INTO post VALUES (manifolds as well) and fit some sort of performance air filter kit to get a decent BHP hike i reckon INSERT INTO post VALUES (still less than 20BHP increase) and it would cost well over a grand INSERT INTO post VALUES (IF you can get a full system and manifolds on the 2.5 NA V6)

ritch_w
06-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Duncan,

found a 99 galant saloon breaking in glasgow GAP 0141 423 3700 - dont know whats left on it - but you may be lucky and get the rear clusters etc that you are after

Galant Manifolds INSERT INTO post VALUES (or headers as our US cousins call them) seem to be pretty good - according to the postings on the galant centre.

i've found K&N do a replacement panel filter so that with some possible mods to the intake and a custome built stainless steel exhaust is probably a good start. just need the £££ now!!!

ritch_w
06-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Duncan,

found a 99 galant saloon breaking in glasgow GAP 0141 423 3700 - dont know whats left on it - but you may be lucky and get the rear clusters etc that you are after

Galant Manifolds INSERT INTO post VALUES (or headers as our US cousins call them) seem to be pretty good - according to the postings on the galant centre.

i've found K&N do a replacement panel filter so that with some possible mods to the intake and a custome built stainless steel exhaust is probably a good start. just need the £££ now!!!