PDA

View Full Version : all new TopGear starts this sunday!

pagan
24-08-2005, 10:29 PM
Hi

If anyone have missed the ads, (in NZ) new top gear starts this sunday!

Finally something to watch on tv :)

jaimz
25-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Great news!! :happy:

Does anybody know whether Jeremy Clarkson has ever reviewed a VR-4...?
Would be interesting to see what he thought.

By the way - I'm pretty sure I know who the Stig is...

*waits a while for the tension to build...*

i3ooyah
25-08-2005, 02:22 AM
what tension :P

noone i know cares who the stig is, i hate working sundays and missing topgear :(

jaimz
25-08-2005, 02:52 AM
Aw stink.
Here's me thinking I was all fancy n' stuff.

Quit your job dude - nothing's worth missing Top Gear! lol

I heard there's going to be GUNS and BULLETS in this episode :2thumbsup

i3ooyah
25-08-2005, 03:35 AM
i get my mate to tape it for me :D

GroundControl
25-08-2005, 04:40 AM
I download 'em off the net as they are released in the UK :D

bradc
25-08-2005, 07:55 AM
I beleive that a Galant VR-4 wagon was reviewed sometime in 2001 or 2002, Sam is there any chance you could download some from those years and see if you could find those episodes?

I have no idea about the stig, I'm guessing it is a british ex-racer though, maybe F1 or touring car.

You See
25-08-2005, 09:31 AM
I download 'em off the net as they are released in the UK :D
Sounds like you've just offered to burn us some copies....erm back ups. :chugchug:

You See
25-08-2005, 09:34 AM
i get my mate to tape it for me :D
Now why would ya old's tape it for ya?....whoa-ha-ha-ha-haaaa /Nuuu

Freddy
25-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Who is the STIG ?(old one) I always thought It could be STIG BLOMQUIST
(rally driver) /Hmmm

Freddy
25-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Never mind, i just found it on google http://www.bbc.co.uk/essex/features/essex_celeb/stig.shtml

jaimz
25-08-2005, 10:03 PM
Perry McCarthy was the first Stig (the Black suited one who drove the Top Gear NOS XJS off the aircraft carrier)

I have a theory about who the new white one is - being a huge rally fan for many years, I recognise his driving posture, and those gloves...

It's Richard Burns.

Now, I know I really can't prove myself right on this, but here are my reasons:
1) Richard retired from the WRC at the end of 2003 with a brain hemhorrage, and has pretty much dropped off the WRC radar since then
2) I read a report in early 2004 which said he'd been operated on and was on his road to recovery.
3) He appeared as a guest in Top Gear late 2003 I think, and seemed quite buddy buddy with Jeremy et al... then...
4) After the new white Stig had started, there was a track event (something like the 'race of the religions' or something like that...) where I saw Richard at the side of the screen standing with James and Hammond, and there was no "Hey, look! It's Richard Burns"... he was just there.
5) As I said above, I recognise his driving posture (shoulder position, and steering grip), and those white AlpineStar gloves, which he kept with him right from his Subaru days, through into his time at Peugeot.

I mean, I may be wrong... but I don't think I am! :2thumbsup

Feel free to debate...

jaimz
25-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I beleive that a Galant VR-4 wagon was reviewed sometime in 2001 or 2002, Sam is there any chance you could download some from those years and see if you could find those episodes?

bradc,
I found a post in the forums by Jamo (30/4/2003 - it was a similar thread link at the bottom of this thread) about a Sunday Star article by Clarkson, but couldn't figure out how to follow his link to the article (new to forums and all that :embarasse )
Certainly sounds like he loved it though - said it was better than the BMW 5 Series!!?

p1_
26-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Where can we get backup copies on the web, I hate waiting for them to appear down here. :evil2:

Have you checked out the new localised version of the TG magazine. Not a bad mix of UK and kiwi stuff, but I prefer paying twice as much to get the Euro version. /pan

Sunday night, here we come /Steeringw