PDA

View Full Version : Heated Seats on the v6-24

strapping young lad
26-08-2005, 09:31 AM
driving home from playing footie in a typhoon!, i switched on the heated seats to get some feeling back in my body.

got home and i dont think the seat worked cos i was still cold?

how quick should the seat heat up and if it aint heating what should i be looking for to fix it?

the switch on the centre console switched on ok with the light showing it was on but nothing showed up on the dash (should there be?)

any help would be appreciated

cheers

d

psbarham
26-08-2005, 09:48 AM
there is 2 settings for them , try it again on the higher setting :thumbsup: (posh git with your heated leather seats /pan )

Polabear
26-08-2005, 10:34 AM
driving home from playing footie in a typhoon!, i switched on the heated seats to get some feeling back in my body.

got home and i dont think the seat worked cos i was still cold?

how quick should the seat heat up and if it aint heating what should i be looking for to fix it?

the switch on the centre console switched on ok with the light showing it was on but nothing showed up on the dash (should there be?)

any help would be appreciated

cheers

d

No there are no indicator lights on the dash, and on the higher setting you should begin to feel the heat within a few minutes,if the seat is not heating up then as PSB says switch it to the higher setting, if still nothing, then check the connections under the seat, if they are ok then you have to suspect the heater pad in the seat back..... /help not a cheap thing to replace, last one was over £300 mind that was a one I fixed for a friend of mine (a scorpio) so reckon on muuuuucho dinero for the mitzy item, sorry to be the bringer of doom.... :embarasse

strapping young lad
26-08-2005, 10:35 AM
i used the hi setting!

will check the connectors tonight though (bloomin torrent outside atm)

ta for the info

might put a big fleece blanket on there for the winter then! :)

J.A.P.
26-08-2005, 11:07 AM
i used the hi setting!

will check the connectors tonight though (bloomin torrent outside atm)

ta for the info

might put a big fleece blanket on there for the winter then! :)

Mine normally just get fully warm when I get to work... about 7 mins.

btw who do you work for - we've got IT offices in Chorley?

strapping young lad
26-08-2005, 11:16 AM
i live near chorley but work in haydock for autotrader :)

Big Ian
26-08-2005, 11:56 AM
i live near chorley but work in haydock for autotrader :)

don't forget /Hmmm inside info for any future VR4'z for sale before they are printed?
:joker: :only jokin /Hmmm

strapping young lad
26-08-2005, 02:04 PM
unfortunately the dept i work in (tech-ops) we look after the kit that runs the website so we get to find out same time as others bout new cars :)

however i have contacts who could find out bout new models possibly.

richy rich
26-08-2005, 07:58 PM
on a slittly diferant note do vr4s have atuo seat heaters as mine seems to heat up and there is no switch.

Paul Beazer
26-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Dont all heated seats have a cut off so you cant use them when its too warm and melt the seat?
Im sure in my mums volvo they cant come on until the temp is below 13 degree C or similar?

strapping young lad
26-08-2005, 09:08 PM
just an update

switched it on tonight on the way home and the back definitely warmed up so i must have been that cold from footie that the heated seat wasnt felt!

what i want is them seat massagers they have in my hairdressers (along with fit wimmin!) ;)

Polabear
27-08-2005, 03:35 PM
just an update switched it on tonight on the way home and the back definitely warmed up so i must have been that cold from footie that the heated seat wasnt felt!)

Glad got it sorted mate....... :thumbsup: