PDA

View Full Version : Serious Help!!!!!!!!

Andre
27-08-2003, 02:28 AM
i seriously need some help. i was having a mechanic change the oil filter in my car and he had to disconnect the battery , when he reconnected the battery and started the car it would not go into drive , we towed the car to the mitsubishi dealer and they looked at the car and did there test and said that the transmission computer is fried and the we would have to replace it , they said that a new one is one thoushand US dollars .

I would like to know if any one would know if the the uk if they would have they part at a cheaper price ? also if there is any place online that would sell that part ?

BraindG
27-08-2003, 07:33 AM
hmmm. not heard of that. hope you get it sorted though and for less than money!

haydar
27-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Try to contact someone in Japan directly. The parts are likely to be at least half price.

Find a thread regarding ECUs in which I give details of a contact in Japan that I came across. Email him the details and I'm sure he'll source a cheap replacement for you.
Just in case you can't find the thread, his email address is:-

koji@japanvehicles.com

His name is Koji, and don't forget to tell him who pointed you in his direction.

Lastly, I was told once that there is only one ECU in the VR4 that controls everything, not a seperate one in the gearbox? The ECU does cost about $1000 so this could be consistant with what your dealer is telling you. Koji gave me a quote of £350 for the ECU which is about $500.

Hope this helps

Spirit
28-08-2003, 01:06 AM
I am pretty sure there is the engine ECU and a seperate A/T ECU - suggest a call to Mitsy dealer will confirm either way.

Pete

Japmetal
31-08-2003, 11:33 PM
I've also heard that the engine/auto tranny ECU is a single unit.

Spirit
01-09-2003, 12:43 AM
I think the engine ECU and A/T ECU are just on top of each other but are seperate units

EdmundVR4
01-09-2003, 06:37 PM
Andre,
I doubt that any online dealer would have that part in stock as these cars are very exclusive and were only sold in a few markets INSERT INTO post VALUES (Japan,New Zealand,UK,Hong Kong afaik) I get all my parts from crism.com, you can contact them via their website or call 1 868 622 7110/1, talk to Cristian. Right next door in Trinidad. They can do a quote for you and when that is ok'd they will ship the part directly to you. Very reliable and reasonable prices.
Good luck.
Edmund

mhf
06-10-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi Andre

I happen to have a spare Tranny ECU if you are interested.
By the way, the auto VR4 carries three ECUs - the engine computer, the tranny computer, and the ABS/traction control ECU. As a matter of note, the ABS ECU carries the same four connection jacks as the engine ECU. DO NOT get one of these in error.