PDA

View Full Version : Here's one...

andy43
26-08-2005, 12:57 PM
...for you /help
Not life or wallet-threatening, but when my lights (side/dipped/main) are on, and I use the indicators, the foglight on that side comes on /Hmmm
Indicators work fine, flashing time-wise as they should, but the one foglight comes on (no flashing, just ON). Same for both sides :rolleyes4 .
When the lights are off, it's just a mild-mannered Galant, as normal :inquisiti
I reckon (armchair diagnostics 'cos it's still raining - only noticed the fault two days ago) it's maybe something to do with a dodgy alarm installation - that would be the only time the lighting loom has been messed with.
Anyone else had a similar problem?
Not really worried about it apart from the :-policema /pan /grr aspect of it, it's just wierd :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
26-08-2005, 01:11 PM
/pan

Silly boy! Fault?!

Its supposed to do that!!! Only the outer light comes on, to look round the corner you are about to turn!

The inner lights are the fogs - these come on with the fog switch.

:scholar:

Rally205
26-08-2005, 01:11 PM
It is supposed to do that. It is not a foglight it is a turning light. It's a Jap thing. :thumbsup:

BraindG
26-08-2005, 01:33 PM
:happy: its a feature :p

Nick Mann
26-08-2005, 01:38 PM
:happy: its a feature :p

Our IT people say 'feature' if its something you put up with! :joker:

andy43
26-08-2005, 02:40 PM
:oops: Well there you go, teach me to pose a question after a 5 second look at the front of the car in the dark /Grrr
Had another look now - yep you're all right - there's more than one light each side. Clever!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
And there was me thinking I had a hooj electrical problem that would have cost 000's to put right :thumbsup:
Here's another one though - is it legal :-policema I've not seen a 'feature' like that on any other car :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
26-08-2005, 02:42 PM
Passes the MOT.

I would be quite suprised if it isn't. It's just a white light at the front of the car. It's only a standard bayonet bulb - nothing particularly bright.

andy43
27-08-2005, 09:00 PM
:thumbsup: