PDA

View Full Version : ECU Light on!!

Stezie
26-08-2005, 02:18 PM
I had to change an aircon pipe on me galant and I had the air intake pipes off to get in at where the air-con pipes bolt on at the bulkhead. :smug:
While I had the intake pipes off I decided to spray some air intake cleaner in to see if it would help on my fuel consumtion problem. SO I sprayed away with the rev up on the engine. :thinking:
When I let the car idle again the ECU light was on, so I thought it was down to me having the airflow meter disconnected. I plugged everything back together but now the ECU light is still on. :huh:
Does the ECU remember a fault and keeps the light on till you bring it to a garage? Is there a way to reset it myself? The car is still running fine, same power, idle speed, etc. :inquisiti

/help /help /help

Big Ian
26-08-2005, 02:22 PM
you could try disconnecting the battery (leave un-connected for about an hour) and also un plug the plug's within the area you were working and re-plug them, just incase one has dirt, damp or just loose?
if that fail's it'll be the garage :inquisiti

Nick Mann
26-08-2005, 02:38 PM
I was told that the ECU does not remember fault codes if the battery is disconnected/flat.

I was told by a Mitsubishi Dealer, so I took it with a pinch of salt! :rolleyes4

Stezie
26-08-2005, 08:00 PM
I was half thinking that too, but a mate of mine, whos a VW mechanic says those cars are OBDII and will remember the fault, he's wrong! :happy: Done the battery trick a wee while ago and the light is now off! Chears. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big Ian
26-08-2005, 09:10 PM
good stuff, just think a mitsy garage would have taken at-least £75 for doing that........... /Hmmm .......where as :leer: i only charge £35 :2thumbsup

:joker: