PDA

View Full Version : Super drager exhaust

Mark 4
26-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi Guys
The exhaust system has blown on my 2001 model VR4. I have noticed through the technical sections that a lot of you have fitted Super Dragers but can anyone tell me where to get these from or what the part number may be as my local dealer is having trouble in locating one.

Thanks
Mark.

Nick Mann
26-08-2005, 05:09 PM
I'm sure someone can give you a part number, but I am pretty sure they have stopped making them. You will have to be lucky to find one lingering!

Many have had custom exhausts made - have you thought about that route?

richy rich
26-08-2005, 07:43 PM
i suggest that you do as nick said have a st/st one made live time garanty
made to how you whant it and prob only slittly more money than a gen one fitted.
where do you live, im in stoke on trent mates of mine are just investing in the equipment to do it all, ill get a quote for you if you like.

Mark 4
27-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks guys, I,m way down on the south coast so 'fraid Stoke is too far. I do have a local tuning shop so I'll have a chat with them.

Thanks again
Mark.

richy rich
27-08-2005, 11:25 AM
just phoned mitsi for a price for a full exhaust system are you sitting down £982.04
this is without fitting. :rolleyes4

SGHOM
27-08-2005, 03:14 PM
I can get you a full cat-back system any style/sound you want. /yes
single exit, twin exit, side exit [ if you're mad enough] :rolleyes4
loud/quiet......... discreet tail pipes/ 6" in you're face pipes !! anything /yes for £450 all in, inc fitting & 30 year guarantee.

Nick VR4
27-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I just got through a MOT but was told a new exhaust would be needed soon bad corrosion around joints and bolts

Told him to get me quotes for exhaust and brake discs havent heard from him yet

I bet he was shocked when he phoned Mits for a price /grr

bernmc
27-08-2005, 04:13 PM
I'll be joining Richy Rich for a new exhaust system at a bargain price, but just for reference, I spoke to Longlife Exhausts (Leeds) acouple of months ago, who were very helpful and knowledgeable. They quoted me for a stainless system with lifetime guarantee:
2.5 inch cat back - £449.00 inc fitting
2.5 Turbo's to cat - £399.00
3 inch cat back - £780 (although they suggested that this was pointless unless I was planning on BIG power mods)
Replacement cat (from a basic free flowing cat to full racing cat) £169-£299, depending on which I went for. Of course you could go the illegal route and just use a decat pipe.

Bottom line is don't wast your money on the genuine mitsi strangler!

richy rich
28-08-2005, 10:58 AM
totaly agree bern

venomboy
07-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Just been quoted £329 inc, fitted for cat back exhaust by Longlife Leeds,
Booking in next week.
VB

kitefighter
10-12-2005, 06:22 PM
I had mine replaced including a de-cat pipe for £400 all in. Not bad considering the exhaust was hand made and took the best part of an entire afternoon to fabricate and fit.

They seemed to know what they were up to and the car worked on just before mine was an Evo 8 MR 340.

The place was MIJ Performance in the Midlands.

To be honest, the only difference I've noticed so far in performance terms is the noise and perhaps a little more acceleration in the mid range. Difficult to know for sure.

In my opinion, I would still prefer the HKS Super Drager if they made one for my earlier E84A twin turbo. This is because the HKS exhaust is a mandrel bent to shape, not crush bent like almost everyone else's. Also, HKS have the best reputation for after market upgrades.

But if you can't get the HKS part, then definitely go to a place like MIJ or the nearest handmade exhaust tuners near you rather than the factory exhaust from Mitsubishi.

Quail
10-12-2005, 07:07 PM
You can go custom mandrel bent, check out: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/grahamf

Ive heard good things about this guy's work

kitefighter
11-12-2005, 02:08 AM
From what I have read, a mandrel bend exhaust is the one to go for. Particularly on a twin turbo VR-4 where the exhaust crosses the centre line of the car, and therefore will encounter at least two bends.

I understand how a mandrel bend exhaust would make a difference because of the loss of diameter that might occur with a crush bend.

But if an exhaust is sold as a sports exhaust, and isn't a mandrel bend, then what exactly is it doing that a standard Mitusbishi item is not?

And what's the difference between a sports silencer and a standard one, other than the noise?

Quail
11-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Time for another Quail MSPaint attempt:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c371/quail2/mspaint.jpg

kitefighter
13-12-2005, 03:12 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words. Thank you.

Quail
13-12-2005, 11:25 AM
No Problem :)