PDA

View Full Version : "RANT"...get a life!

Big Ian
26-08-2005, 11:09 PM
their i was sittin in my car with my 2 daughter's waiting on Jacque finishing work when :inquisiti ........ beat police pull up beside me " :-policema exscuse me sir, are you local" to which i answer /yes yes then plod say's " :-policema well next time i see your car it better have a proper front number plate or i'll be taken action against you!"....me being me :inquisiti ehh but it's the right size for the space to which the number plate fit's :smug: (plod reverse back for a better look then say) " :-policema nop i want it of and changed to the UK legal size" then /Steeringw drive's off

only a few word's to say to MR :-policema PLOD, (re arange these word's) "fleS reY kcuF oG" and catch real bad folk /yes
i pass the traffic boy's every time i'm out and not once have they ever,ever looked twice never mind ask me to remove it.......so next time i'll be telling you all about the fine i'm gonna get for not removing my number plate

Big Ian
26-08-2005, 11:26 PM
i wonder if i could use this info for the next time "PLOD" have something to say? http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/regmarks/reg_marks_current_requirements.htm#import
(think Dave posted this before?) my car is not an import but the size stated for certain import car's is the same size i have
each letter/number should be no smaller than,

Character Height: 64mm

Character Width: 44mm

Character Stroke: 10mm

Space between characters: 10mm

bradc
27-08-2005, 06:27 AM
he was probably having a slow day and had nothing else to do. did you kindly remind him he has better things to do than ask about a slightly smaller number plate?

richy rich
27-08-2005, 07:55 AM
what a w****r ive just looked at your n plate , ok abit small but must be still leagle. /grr :-policema :-policema :rifle:

Bal
27-08-2005, 08:56 AM
end of the month ... they have a quota ...

ritch_w
27-08-2005, 09:15 AM
print off the DVLA stuff and keep a copy in the car, also keep a "standard" no plate in the boot.

if they get arsey about the DVLA stuff, fit the legal one in front of them as it will really wind them up

richy rich
27-08-2005, 09:55 AM
printed off dvla stuff going to change my plate now.

Big Ian
27-08-2005, 10:44 AM
i did mention to him that my rear plate is standard UK size and that i thought it was the rear they are mostly interested in :rolleyes4
thing is...DooH! /pan i had a copy of the DVLA size chart in my car and took it out when i first put it up for sale /pan it's back in the glove box now though (as of this morning /yes )
i remeber BDA having some bother over his plate, but i think he also had a different style to his lettering, where as ive kept mine standard style only slightly smaller than standard size.

zentac
27-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Character Height: 64mm

Character Width: 44mm

Character Stroke: 10mm

Space between characters: 10mm

They are the sizes I used for my front plate.

wirdy
27-08-2005, 11:45 AM
print off the DVLA stuff and keep a copy in the car, also keep a "standard" no plate in the boot.

if they get arsey about the DVLA stuff, fit the legal one in front of them as it will really wind them up

good advice- that's exactly what I do - it all sits under the passengers mat & takes up no space at all. :thumbsup:

Kieran
27-08-2005, 12:26 PM
There's only one problem here... Looking at the DVLA wording:

"Certain imported vehicles may be permitted to display number plates with smaller characters if:

The vehicle does not have European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval

AND

The vehicle's construction/design cannot accomodate standard size number plates"

I don't think the UK/EIRE Galants qualify for either of these statements. They're official imports, so they must be Type-Approved, rather than the VR-4, (which came across in small enough qualtities not to warrant a type approval).

Regarding plate size.... well maybe. :inquisiti Not sure I'd chance it myself...

ANTHONY
27-08-2005, 03:01 PM
also if they wanna be funny it must state the shop/garage who made the plate also there postcode and a british standard number,clubvr-4..ralliart and stuff like this would not be alould

Big Ian
27-08-2005, 09:02 PM
also if they wanna be funny it must state the shop/garage who made the plate also there postcode and a british standard number,clubvr-4..ralliart and stuff like this would not be alould

yip mine has all the marking's as it is a proper plate /yes ...as for it having "CLUB VR4.COM" along it, yip got that 2 and it's no bigger than the one's that garage's put on them (along the bottom...free advert)

ANTHONY
27-08-2005, 09:21 PM
yip mine has all the marking's as it is a proper plate /yes ...as for it having "CLUB VR4.COM" along it, yip got that 2 and it's no bigger than the one's that garage's put on them (along the bottom...free advert) its not a free advert (well it is in a way) its so they can see who made the plates as all plate makers have to be reg.. but saying that my front plate i got from far east services, and they will put on it what you like..... and mine is a jap size smaller than a standard uk

Big Ian
27-08-2005, 11:19 PM
its not a free advert (well it is in a way) its so they can see who made the plates as all plate makers have to be reg..

no...what i mean is the dealership's and second hand car sale's /yes they near alway's either add a sticker or make new plate's with their name printed on :happy: "free advertising" for them :inquisiti unless you change the plate's :thumbsup:
also not 100% but are motor bike plate's not the same size as my letter's + numbers? 64mm x 44mm per Character??