PDA

View Full Version : Supermarket Carparks and the dangers....

habbers
27-08-2005, 10:21 AM
I wonder just how many accidents there are in these places compared to 'on the road' people not concentrating, tight spaces and narrow lanes. Kids running about/making a niuscance in the back of cars, etc.

Why i ask
Monday, saw an Astra Coupe with the complete off-side bashed in - every panel damaged, with its upset owners looking like they had just returned to find their pride and joy battered - at my local Tescos .
Thursday, some old knobber drives into our Mitsi whilst he attempts pulling out of a parking space - same Tescos. He has damaged the bumper and rear quarter!

Plus all the parking dings from doors being opened onto cars. Is it just me or do other people take care when opening their doors i always try even put my hand on the leading edge of the door sometimes to prevent contact?!?
I/we get at least a 3-4 parking dings a year, usually more.

Not a rant really, just seems to be a high risk enviroment to me
http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/images/statusicon/user_online.gif

ANTHONY
27-08-2005, 10:32 AM
i know what you mean i now try and park well away from any body cos they just dont care....... in a carpark as you say if it aint doors it's trolleys/grr

richy rich
27-08-2005, 11:20 AM
dont get me started i park well away from any cars as far from front doors as posable (not in car i have now) but some numpty still hit my right rear bumper then f*cked of without leaving details /grr /grr

Paul Beazer
27-08-2005, 07:19 PM
Basically, unless you have a garage, you are at risk.
Some tw*t reversed into mine in the street and completely mashed the front wing, then buggered off without leaving any details, tracked the f*cker down tho!
Notice my missus carina has had the bumper pushed back 1" and a nice scrape down the indicator too. /grr

Bal
28-08-2005, 08:53 AM
dont even get me started on this. in the two years iv owned my galant its acquired more dents and scratchs from people doing this then any other car i have ever owned.

Big Ian
28-08-2005, 10:00 AM
been a victim to this also /yes my GLS got it a few month's back in a local car park and a few year's back i had a MK2 SRI cavy, came out of the cinema to find the driver's door "written off" :embarasse

strapping young lad
28-08-2005, 11:13 AM
best thing is?

get a sprog and park in the parent and toddler bit :)

but ive seen non-parents parking here too /grr

You See
28-08-2005, 12:42 PM
Do what I do, park well away from people and if you can't avoid that, park next to a Merc or Porsche that way there's very little chance they'll open their doors on you. As for the trolleys, I've never had that happened *touch wood* :rolleyes4

Polabear
28-08-2005, 12:42 PM
best thing is?

get a sprog and park in the parent and toddler bit :)

but ive seen non-parents parking here too /grr

Or straddle TWO parking spaces, they will whinge but hey ..F%CKEM it's your pride joy and hard earn't money, if others can not respect their own car's then STAY THE FECK AWAY FROM MINE!!!! sorry rant over.... /pan

mpau009
28-08-2005, 10:54 PM
Or straddle TWO parking spaces, they will whinge but hey ..F%CKEM it's your pride joy and hard earn't money, if others can not respect their own car's then STAY THE FECK AWAY FROM MINE!!!! sorry rant over.... /pan

My dad did that with his brand new audi allroad, since it cost him a fair bit... came back to find some disgruntled shopper had run a coin down every panel on one side, cue several $$$ of repairs... :greedy:
/pan /pan /pan /pan

I have had a couple of decent dings in the doors, dammit theyre a pain, big enough so its the first thing i see in the morning, but not important enough to warrant an insurance claim /wall

mpau009
28-08-2005, 10:58 PM
P.S, forgot to mention, my favourite parking blooper - i have seen it twice now, two people return from shopping, casually load up their cars, get in, turn the key, look left, look right.. and back straight into each other. /Nuuu :laugh: :laugh: i'm sure its gutting, but i laugh every time, and usually you can see it a second or two before it happens.

psbarham
29-08-2005, 04:24 PM
pulled up in asdas car park today aimed straight fr the parent toddler spaces only to be greeted by an empty space between a transit and a sherpa full of inbred pikey b@stard kids using the carpark as a cross between a boxing ring and a playground ,my heart started to fill with dred and my mind started to fill with images of a meister blue galant doing handbrake turns round the carpark and then being driven down the wisbech bypass at 110 with a six yr old at the helm , what do i do i thought /Hmmm , so i left cat to gaurd the car :smug: :thumbsup: /grr /pan , well i was the only one with the credit card on us , so i had to go and pay for it all /yes