PDA

View Full Version : My first Galant

BraindG
27-08-2003, 06:17 PM
while looking for something on my server i came across this little jem :)

worst car ive ever owned though.. was so slow..
still it looked awesome though

Brind
27-08-2003, 07:52 PM
A mate of mine has one like that, 2.0GLS he hasn't touched it since he bought it INSERT INTO post VALUES (second owner) when it was two years old or something, he's only replaced one bulb too.
He had an accident in it a few years back where he had a head on collision in it and while the other car was a complete right-off this little car had a couple of dents and a few scratches.:confused:

Nothing in the looks compartment compared to what Galants look like now VR-4 aside.

Kieran
27-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Slow, but gawd, the 6Gs don't half last...

One of my dad's friends needed a new set of wheels quick, and for a couple of grand, got himself a 6G 2.0 with 78k on the clock. At 163k, the cam started to tick. Thinking the engine was getting a little tired, he sold it to his son as a upgrade to his MaestroINSERT INTO post VALUES (bleurgh) - who went to the dealers, got the ticking fixed INSERT INTO post VALUES (tappets, surprise, surprise)... and ran the car for four more years and took the mileage up to 211k:Eyecrazy: , when he traded it in for a 7g!

Mitsubishi don't half know how to put a car together!:D

Spirit
28-08-2003, 12:48 AM
Same for us. We had a 6G 2.0GLSi and in a year replaced one headlight bulb and one noisey tappet INSERT INTO post VALUES (tight git) !

It was this that prompted us to look for another when we plumped for the VR4!

Pete

Petrolhead
28-08-2003, 11:06 PM
Thought I'd try a wee experiment...

http://carartz.phpwebhosting.com/other/6g2.jpg

zedy1
28-08-2003, 11:10 PM
do you need another one of those

Japmetal
31-08-2003, 11:38 PM
I was lucky enough to find a 6G GTi 4WD when I was looking for a new car in January, and while it cant hold a candle to a VR4 it's still farking quick for what it is :D

Dmac1969
02-09-2003, 07:07 PM
That looks like the facelift 6G , judging by the chromie grille , im guessing its a late J or a K reg car. I had a 2.0 Glsi in burgandy , the 5 door which was pre facelift H reg, it was the 1st mitsu I ever had and I bought it with 115K on the clock , still went great and when it was all polished up , looked great too INSERT INTO post VALUES (I HATED those cross spoke alloys tho...thank god for Wonder Wheels!)

arrowman
06-09-2003, 01:08 PM
I've got one of these, except it's a 1990 VR-4 edition. It's not slow. I have a really soft spot for this car, even after 12 years the design still looks cool. The 4WS works better than AYC and I have met NOTHING that can beat this around a roundabout - simply awesome !!! Sure I know that it will never beat a new model VR-4 or a Lancer EVO 5-8 on a straight road ... or could it? If anyone owns a 1990-1992 VR-4 with a 4G63 engine, take a look at www.buschurracing.com. They reckon this engine is indestructable and tunable up to 700 bhp !!! Now there's a thought.

BraindG
06-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Petrolhead
Thought I'd try a wee experiment...

http://carartz.phpwebhosting.com/other/6g2.jpg

Dave I give up.. what were you experimenting with?

i thought it might have been a "spot the differernce"... but nope.. nothing i can see.. maybe you were gonna go and do somethign with it.. not heard back from you.. so go on..
reveal the experiment! :)

zentac
06-09-2003, 09:10 PM
Looks exactly like my first VR4 (http://www.zentac.force9.co.uk/vr4/forsale.htm) which I sold a few months ago

BraindG
06-09-2003, 09:12 PM
yours was slighty faster thought :D