PDA

View Full Version : Engine And Type???

V6nut
28-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Just been searchin for performance bits and stuff on the net, bit confused by engine numbers and types and stuff. Can anyone tell me if there is a list on this site of engine and car types or whether they can tell me mine. I've got an X reg v6 Sport 2.5, I wanna make sure I'm buying a bit that actually fits my car. Oh and by the way Mr. Voodoo, why can't I look at your website?

strapping young lad
28-08-2005, 10:07 PM
have a look in your handbook that came with the car as it should tell you what model engine yours is

mine tells me mine and i think its the same engine as yours (what it is though i dunno cos its in the car)

d

Nick Mann
28-08-2005, 10:56 PM
6A13 is the 2.5 V6. In VR4 guise it is basically the same engine but with turbos. Cunningly called the 6A13TT. !!

I think the 2.0 4 cyl is a variant on the 4G63 - also used in turbo'd form in Evo's.

No idea what the GDI codes are!

strapping young lad
28-08-2005, 11:01 PM
so.. theoretically whack a couple of turbo's on mine and it turns into a vr4?

SGHOM
28-08-2005, 11:04 PM
theoretically

that about sums it up !! :rolleyes4 :rolleyes4

Nick Mann
28-08-2005, 11:08 PM
so.. theoretically whack a couple of turbo's on mine and it turns into a vr4?

Change the ECU, add four wheel drive and strengthen the chassis to cope, add two turbos an intercooler and pipework, modify the compression and add a couple of cams. Theoretically, yes!!

:rolleyes4

Wodjno
28-08-2005, 11:21 PM
6A13 is the 2.5 V6. In VR4 guise it is basically the same engine but with turbos. Cunningly called the 6A13TT. !!

I think the 2.0 4 cyl is a variant on the 4G63 - also used in turbo'd form in Evo's.

No idea what the GDI codes are!

1.8 GDi is the 4G93, also found in the GSR Lancer Turbo (195bhp) and used by Volvo to /yes
2.4 GDi is the 4G64. :thumbsup:

Wodjno
28-08-2005, 11:23 PM
Change the ECU, add four wheel drive and strengthen the chassis to cope, add two turbos an intercooler and pipework, modify the compression and add a couple of cams. Theoretically, yes!!

:rolleyes4

:D /lol :lipsrseal

Stezie
31-08-2005, 01:31 PM
[QUOTE=Nick Mann]I think the 2.0 4 cyl is a variant on the 4G63 - also used in turbo'd form in Evo's.

QUOTE]

Is it the same? Because the engine you mentioned above is a SOHC 16v. Is the Evo's not DOHC?? Would it just be the head thats different? /Hmmm /Hmmm /Hmmm

Also If your right, I take it the bottom end would be the same, and so the gearboxes would match up? What I mean is can the 2.0 Turbo engine from the EVO fit into the Galant and use the Front wheel drive gearbox??? :leer: :leer:

If so has anyone done this and where would I start??? :leer:

:happy: I need more power!! :happy:

Nick Mann
31-08-2005, 01:43 PM
I honesty couldn't tell you. I am pretty sure Mr Batty is running an FTO box on a 6A13TT, so it would appear that gearboxes are relatively interchangeable. I would imagine the 4G63T could be made to fit in the 8g galant, but would it be worth it? 300 bhp and FWD is not the grippiest combination! (Ask Mr Batty!)

For the expenditure, why not buy a VR4?

avander_be
31-08-2005, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=Nick Mann]I think the 2.0 4 cyl is a variant on the 4G63 - also used in turbo'd form in Evo's.

QUOTE]

Is it the same? Because the engine you mentioned above is a SOHC 16v. Is the Evo's not DOHC?? Would it just be the head thats different? /Hmmm /Hmmm /Hmmm

Also If your right, I take it the bottom end would be the same, and so the gearboxes would match up? What I mean is can the 2.0 Turbo engine from the EVO fit into the Galant and use the Front wheel drive gearbox??? :leer: :leer:

If so has anyone done this and where would I start??? :leer:

:happy: I need more power!! :happy:

Ask these guys at http://www.coltco.nl/ I believe they do engine swaps like the one you're thinking of...

Stezie
01-09-2005, 12:04 PM
I honesty couldn't tell you. I am pretty sure Mr Batty is running an FTO box on a 6A13TT, so it would appear that gearboxes are relatively interchangeable. I would imagine the 4G63T could be made to fit in the 8g galant, but would it be worth it? 300 bhp and FWD is not the grippiest combination! (Ask Mr Batty!)

For the expenditure, why not buy a VR4?

I'd Love a VR4! /Hmmm
Its a for now option, ie for a year or so! Its down to tax and insurance aswell! Its still going to be a 2.0 car.

Tax is based on engine size in Ireland - 2.0 = €539/year OR 2.5ltr= €821/year and my insurance will go up at least €1000 due to me being 24. :embarasse

Besides wouldn't be too many 2.0 Turbo galants about with 300BHP, I can see the fun side of it, But im forgetting about the broken drive shafts, gearboxes, etc! /pan

I like being odd! Last year I converted a Honda Civic Coupe from a 105BHP 1.5 auto into full VTi Spec with Suspension, brakes(incl ABS), interior, all done by my self! :smug: