PDA

View Full Version : d2 anyone know anything?

richieelliott
29-08-2005, 02:27 AM
was browsing note the time lol and found that d2 do a suspension package for our cars fully adjustable for about 600£ delivered anyone know any thing about this company and products?

The D2 coilover system is a 36 way dampner and rebound adjustable monotube full coilover system. The setup has seperate height and preload adjustments allowing for optimal adjustment and allowing full strut travel at all times along with pillowball upper mounts or top mounts*. Mounts are constructed of 6061 powder coated aluminum. Threads are teflon coated to prevent rust.

sounds good but is it let me know

richieelliott
29-08-2005, 09:17 PM
Complete set of 4 - 36 way adjustable coilovers. comes with bracket wrenches to adjust height as well.

price to the uk is

$957 £533 pounds delivered

waiting for nz price but i think its more

Quail
30-08-2005, 12:26 AM
Wow, thats great value. Ive heard good things about D2. Are they not a german company?

Quail
30-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Not German, but some good first hand testimonies here! Ignore the haters, its a Honda-Tech thing:

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1322139

richieelliott
30-08-2005, 06:58 AM
interesting read thanks :thumbsup:

Quail
30-08-2005, 03:21 PM
No problem mate, I checked around a few forums and they all seem to give em a thumbs up

richieelliott
30-08-2005, 04:00 PM
well looks like yet again i will be the vr4 test pilot for something ill get em when i get back from sea standby report in december

Quail
30-08-2005, 05:55 PM
Where are u buying them from mate? Oversees?

richieelliott
30-08-2005, 06:14 PM
The states but for the price delivered its cheap
only snag is that they only accept international money orders and bank transfers on overseas goods

vampirej
11-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm currently running D2 on my EP3 (Civic Type R) and it does the trick... The distributor is a mate of mine and if there are interests, I'll see if I could negotiate some discount from them heehee... as I'll be fitting a set as soon as I get hold of a VR-4.

pezza
11-10-2005, 06:10 PM
Sounds good... how long for delivery for these units usually?

Cheers

Pezz

(No more spending.... /pan meant to be house hunting :embarasse )

vampirej
11-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Depends on how many interests I get really... usually shipping is about 5 weeks, but could be quicker. From past experience, if the list price is £600 + VAT, I should be able to negotiate a price just a tag below £500 inc VAT + Delivery for group buy... but I haven't talked to him about this yet.

caishanvr4
11-10-2005, 08:59 PM
If this is a GO-ER im in ok, for that price thats a fcuking steal

Louis
12-10-2005, 09:23 AM
I am just about to buy these D2 coilovers from Impulse performance for £643 inc vat and delivery (4 weeks if ordered before the end of Oct). So if you can get a definite cost and timescale I will hold back. I need them soon as I have a leaking shock, so if anyone can put me intouch with a vendor who can do them soon and cheaper than above, please let me know.
The tein superwagon are about £670 and are4 compatible (but not including) the edfc in car damping controler (adjustable from in the car) but you can't preload the spring seperately as you can in the D2 kit.
So I am interested in them as soon as, cheers Louis

Louis
12-10-2005, 10:04 AM
HI,
Does the price from the States, take into account possible inport tax (10%) and vat (17.5%) so if you get hit for this on receipt of the goods you can add on another 27.5% ??.

_simon_
12-10-2005, 11:32 AM
waiting for nz price but i think its more

http://www.nzperformance.co.nz/store/view_product.php?product=D2-M121VR4&PHPSESSID=d388ab6457a8bf3ddcac31eed1cc8da6
NZ$1249

vampirej
12-10-2005, 09:19 PM
I am just about to buy these D2 coilovers from Impulse performance for £643 inc vat and delivery (4 weeks if ordered before the end of Oct). So if you can get a definite cost and timescale I will hold back. I need them soon as I have a leaking shock, so if anyone can put me intouch with a vendor who can do them soon and cheaper than above, please let me know.
The tein superwagon are about £670 and are4 compatible (but not including) the edfc in car damping controler (adjustable from in the car) but you can't preload the spring seperately as you can in the D2 kit.
So I am interested in them as soon as, cheers Louis
Have you spoken to Kenny / Danny already? Have you put your order down yet? I think they would probably look for more interests before they could offer a groupbuy price but then again, I will need to gauge interests and see what shows up... as for EDFC concept, there are talks that D2 will be producing something similar, but not sure.
I reckon if we get 5 or more, then we should stand a chance, but what I'll do is to call them tomorrow and see what they could do.
I'll let you guys know tomorrow after speaking to Kenny.

Cheers

Louis
12-10-2005, 09:41 PM
HI,
Its Kenny I've been dealing with, he said he knew you, if Richieelliott, yourself, pezza, caishanvr4 and me, (and possibly Quail), thats five or six anyhoo!!! ( I really need these as soon as), let us know how you get on, cheers Louis

vampirej
12-10-2005, 09:48 PM
I have just spoken to Kenny... He's going to work out the price for a groupbuy for 5 and 10 interests...
One thing we are a little unsure is whether all the Galant suspensions are the same, i.e. to replace the original ones for 88-92 (Galant 4WD), 92-98 and 98 onwards... Could someone confirm whether they are the same, if so, it would make Kenny's life easier.
I'm not sure if I'd get one myself at this stage as I don't even have a VR4 yet... I need to sell my EP3 before looking, let alone having one right now... LOL
If someone could confirm our query above, either on here or pm or calling Impulse direct, it would be great.

Meanwhile, have a look at their websites:

For their headquarter - www.d2racingsport.com
For Impulse Performance (UK) - www.d2racingsport.co.uk

I'll post up here as soon as I know more.

Cheers

Jon

Kieran
12-10-2005, 11:17 PM
...One thing we are a little unsure is whether all the Galant suspensions are the same, i.e. to replace the original ones for 88-92 (Galant 4WD), 92-98 and 98 onwards...

Hmm....

These sound like the USA model runs.... 92-98 and 98-on are the USDM model runs (7G & 8G respectively). In the UK and Japan, they're 92-96 (7G) and late 96-on (8G).

The reason why this may be significant is that the US version of the 8G uses a different front strut assembly to the UK/JDM versions.

Having said that however, the price list on the UK importer's website seems to be correct, listing the same shocks for Galants from 1993-on, which as far as I know is correct.... I think on the UK/JDM models, the suspension struts didn't change a great deal between the 7G and 8G.

vampirej
13-10-2005, 09:48 AM
This shouldn't be a problem, as Kenny will find out for definite from D2. I must say, it does look a little confusing between the 2 websites...

Louis
13-10-2005, 10:34 AM
When I spoke to Kenny with my car details, 1998 Legnum vr4 he sent me a pic of the kit etc and didn't mention any part numbers. he just said yes there is a listing for your car in Japan! I was about to order them the day I say Vampirej's post so I held back.

It may be the difference between UK and US versions (as usual) but as our cars are direct imports from Japan, the D2 kit from Japan should fit!,

I reckon there may only be a problem for US buyers and their cars (US versions, if they buy from Japan) or if we were to buy from a US supplier (as they would supply us with their US version.

I want to be a part of the group buy but like I said I need them as soon as, and the next shipment from Japan arrives at the start of November, so I may have to go ahead on my own, cheers Louis

vampirej
13-10-2005, 10:45 AM
I think the price Kenny quoted you has included 10% discount, I'm not too sure on what the groupbuy price would be as I was only guessing but I wouldn't imagine it would be too far off... maybe you could order yours and see if Kenny could sort something out nearer to the time if more interests show up?!
I'll see what I could bargain with Kenny in the mean time... heehee

ako
13-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Dont know how much it helps - but the suspension stayed identical from 92 till now in the VR4's. My flatmate is using ex-legnum apexi coilovers in his 7G VR4. Find a listing that suits that, and you're sorted :)

www.nzperformance.co.nz <-- Hint Hint :D

vampirej
13-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks for the info Aka, I'll let Kenny know and forward the address so he doesn't order the wrong one by accident. However, in saying that, I'm sure he will double check with D2 to ensure of that.

caishanvr4
13-10-2005, 01:25 PM
So basically i would be looking at the D2 M12 suspension as my vr4 is the 98 post lift :inquisiti /Hmmm

vampirej
13-10-2005, 01:44 PM
I don't think you need to specify which model when you order, Kenny would sort that out for you. All we need now to start the groupbuy is how many interests do we have here, if it's 5, then Kenny would work out a rate for that, and gets cheaper if we have 10 interests or more...
You only need to tell him what year your car is and whether it's a legnum or salon... (spelling?) ;-)

Nutter_John
13-10-2005, 03:10 PM
I'm very interested but - how easy are they to fit ?

vampirej
13-10-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm very interested but - how easy are they to fit ?
As long as you could take the old one off, then it should be straight forward to change, given that it's multi-link / double wishbone...

Nutter_John
13-10-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm sure I could get the old ones off - sledge hammer :rolleyes4

Would I need anyhting other than a standard set of tools ( no spring compressor)

Cheers John

vampirej
13-10-2005, 06:06 PM
I didn't see Kenny used any unusual tools when he did the others (sledge hammer is not the usual tool that he uses)... ;-p
The other thing that I'd imagine would be good is the top mount, as I noticed that the kit doesn't come with top mount (to be confirmed with Kenny)... due to the age of the car, the top mount might be knacked so it would be a good idea to change them at the same time. Another thing that you may need to consider is the camber kit as changing the suspension would probably affect the geometry of the car and may also affect the toe / camber settings.
But then in saying that, usually kits for multilink / double wishbone are quite good in a way that it shouldn't need to much adjustments afterwards.

Kenneth
13-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Changing the suspension is easy. Easiest way I have found is to jack the car up one end at a time (ie front /back) to take all the pressure off the sway bar.

You then undo (after taking the wheels off silly) the swaybar linkage, then undo the shock mount, then the "fork" that attaches to the hub bit. last, pop the bonnet and undo the three bolts at the top of the shock assembly

on the back, its easier.

caishanvr4
13-10-2005, 09:11 PM
Sounds as easy as it is to slash up a wall on a boozy friday night out :5shots:

but in hindsight i,d still cock sumink up /pan

Where,s a helping hand when you need one /Wyhy Pez you'll give me a hand wont ya mate :chugchug: :beerchug:

Kieran
13-10-2005, 10:21 PM

Where,s a helping hand when you need one /Wyhy Pez you'll give me a hand wont ya mate :chugchug: :beerchug:

You'll be fine. Did the shocks and springs on my V6 with a mate (VR-4 is the same). Aside from a couple of stubborn strut top nuts (make sure you have an adjustable spanner that grips TIGHT for the top bolt on the shock absorber piston), it's a straightforward job, nothing scary like craking balljoints or removing hubs, etc. If you can do the fronts, well the rears are easier again. :thumbsup:

SGHOM
13-10-2005, 10:31 PM
easy peesy Paul ! /yes
all you need [ apart from the obvious ] is a spring compressor..... £ 15, local car spares shop. :thumbsup:

Kieran
13-10-2005, 10:39 PM
easy peesy Paul ! /yes
all you need [ apart from the obvious ] is a spring compressor..... £ 15, local car spares shop. :thumbsup:

Buy Decent ones though. My mate was using the set that I brought from the local machine Mart - Sorted.

I used some cheap ones that my dad bought some years ago. It took about two months for my thumb to properly heal up after one of them jumped...........

Kenneth
13-10-2005, 11:41 PM
easy peesy Paul ! /yes

er...

Looks to me like the D2 kit has the upper mounts already fitted, no need for spring compressors, or undoing any part of the shock/spring assembly at all.

just pop the old set out, put the new set in. Apart from the wheels, thats 6 bolts front, 4 bolts rear.

In the saloon, you will have to take out the rear seats. pull the 2 clips at the front of the cusion you sit on, then undo the 3 (if you have the whole set) bolts holding the back cusion, then lift the back cusion up off the hooks.

Kieran
13-10-2005, 11:45 PM
In the saloon, you will have to take out the rear seats. pull the 2 clips at the front of the cusion you sit on, then undo the 3 (if you have the whole set) bolts holding the back cusion, then lift the back cusion up off the hooks.

Unless you have a UK-Spec Saloon (they have the same split/fold assebly as the legnum). I think these D2 Coilovers (with different damping settings dialed in) will fit the V6-24 as well. Certainly, Pezza used his V6-24 shocks on his VR-4. /yes

Kenneth
13-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Unless you have a UK-Spec Saloon (they have the same split/fold assebly as the legnum). I think these D2 Coilovers (with different damping settings dialed in) will fit the V6-24 as well. Certainly, Pezza used his V6-24 shocks on his VR-4. /yes

well that makes things easier.

I know that the VR-4 suspension works in the 1.8 Galant GDI :P

pezza
14-10-2005, 12:53 AM

Sure, Can hold yer can o coke whilst you work yeh.. no probs :thumbsup: :leer:

So with a group buy it should be under 500 + delivery??? Delivery in december???

Kieran
14-10-2005, 01:44 AM
So how do these things compare to the standard suspension set-up? I'm thinking from a comfort point of view?

Kenneth
14-10-2005, 02:01 AM
So how do these things compare to the standard suspension set-up? I'm thinking from a comfort point of view?

My set isn't D2, so I dont have the range of adjustment they have.
However I will give you my opinion on my aftermarket shock/spring set.

Bloody awesome. Car responds to my input immediatly and goes around corners like its on rails.

Comfort is a little compromised (but then my adjustment is limited) and its a bad idea to go driving with a full bladder. In the wagon the rear is a bit hard going over speed bumps, but otherwise is fine.

going down the road thigs are a bit bumpy, but not uncomfortable. I would have my suspension over the standard set any day.

i3ooyah
14-10-2005, 02:10 AM
well a lot of the big names over here are using them so they must be good?

and they are very affordable with camber, damper and height adjustable...also coilovers for the legnum wont come out till christmas here

Kenneth
14-10-2005, 02:27 AM
well a lot of the big names over here are using them so they must be good?

and they are very affordable with camber, damper and height adjustable...also coilovers for the legnum wont come out till christmas here

I assume the only difference in the legnum coilovers are the spring rates???

vampirej
14-10-2005, 09:00 AM
For D2, they all use non-progressive springs, which some may tell you, would be bumpy on certain roads. I'm still unsure on the groupbuy price but shall find out from Kenny later today.

Louis
14-10-2005, 10:05 AM
With the D2 kit you can adjust the preload on the spring without adjusting the ride height,( this is done seperately ), so you can leave the springs with a lot of springy ness or you can squash them right up for a more solid ride. You can also adjust the damping, from 0 to 36 positions.
The units don't need spring compressors as to release the spring you wind Down the coil over adjuster until the spring goes slack. to adjust the ride height you adjust a seperate collar.
This is the reason I am going for these as oppossed to the Tein superwagon kit, the superwagon does not have the seperate preload adjustment, so you can raise or lower, but you cannot preload the spring.
The pillow ball topmount would be good as it replaces the rubber top mount with a spherical bearing (harsh but better response), But the adjustable pillow ball top mount would not really do anything to the suspension set up (apart from change the angle of the strut ) as the lower part is connected to the lower arm and not directly to the hub!, cheers Louis

i3ooyah
14-10-2005, 01:17 PM
I assume the only difference in the legnum coilovers are the spring rates???

the rears for the galant and legnum are different

caishanvr4
20-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Hey guys, whats the news with these D2's then /Hmmm

vampirej
20-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Sorry about the delay guys, Kenny's been away for a few days. I have managed to get hold of him today. To start the group price, we'll need 5 interests, which will then set the price to 516.38 (15% discount) + Free Delivery as opposed to 607.50 + VAT + Delivery. Roughly a saving of £200.
You could either contact Kenny direct on 01795410105 or enquire online at www.d2racingsport.co.uk.
Hope this helps... I'll post here if anything changes.

pezza
20-10-2005, 03:59 PM
:anxious: hmmm... /help

vampirej
20-10-2005, 04:01 PM
What do you need to know mate?

pezza
20-10-2005, 04:14 PM
What do you need to know mate?

How to resist buying this kit :joker:

Do you know the estimated delivery times for the units?

caishanvr4
20-10-2005, 04:17 PM
originally posted by pezza

Prob like me what part of his body is gonna have to be auctioned off to make the £££ for this purchase. Anyone got george best mob no :embarasse

vampirej
20-10-2005, 04:17 PM
They were supposed to get a delivery end of Oct, but it looks like there's going to be a delay. However, I need to confirm this with Kenny on the date that this needs to be ordered by...

Kieran
20-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Prob like me what part of his body is gonna have to be auctioned off to make the £££ for this purchase. Anyone got george best mob no :embarasse

LOL /haz

Kieran
20-10-2005, 04:53 PM
On a more serious note, what spec are these units? I see from the D2 site that there are drifting, racing and such setups. I presume these are the street coilovers?

Also - Can anyone else offer any feedback on their comfort?

vampirej
20-10-2005, 05:09 PM
It would be the RS coilovers, not the drifting type for sure and racing coilovers are made to order (specific specifications by the buyers).
Comfort wise, I could only comment on what I have at the moment... bear in mind it's a hatchback and running MacPharson at the front. They could be bumpy when driving in country lanes etc as they do not come with progressive springs... but if you have them set to the softest setting, I'd probably say that they are about 10% stiffer than the standard shocks and springs.
I'm not sure how this would react in a bigger car though

vampirej
20-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Another thought... Someone from MLR has fitted a set and was this year's second place in TOTB best handling car catagory. Maybe he could shed some lights. Although they might have the MacPharson setup...

Louis
20-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Vat?

vampirej
20-10-2005, 08:42 PM
Vat?
Nope... 516.38 includes VAT and Delivery...

impulseD2
21-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Hi Guys thought i'd come on and clear up some details and answer any questions you have.

The price at £516.38 does not include vat total including vat is £606.74 and we are including free delivery with this price to all UK mainland address.

impulseD2
21-10-2005, 03:21 PM
The Kit that we will be getting in will be the Street type kit unless special request for a different setup is required. This can be done at time of order and we will let D2 know.

vampirej
21-10-2005, 04:31 PM
Nope... 516.38 includes VAT and Delivery...
Sorry guys, just had a call from Kenny, I have quoted the wrong price, it should be 513.38 + VAT but includes delivery... I apologise for the mistake...

ghanda
21-10-2005, 05:53 PM
What are the delivery times and options?

MR.VOODOO
22-10-2005, 12:24 PM
just a thought guys
as you may or may not know i am a TEIN and avo dealer
do you want me to try and get the d2 stuff cheaper ?

Louis
23-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Yes please, could you do a better price on the D2 and let us know, Louis

caishanvr4
25-10-2005, 11:49 PM
Any news mr voodoo ????????

MR.VOODOO
28-10-2005, 05:43 PM
well i h ave spoken to d2 and i can get better discount if we get an order together for 6 + units
now the question is i dont want to step on anyones tows who have arragend this ...

so let me know your thoughts

vampirej
28-10-2005, 06:24 PM
well i h ave spoken to d2 and i can get better discount if we get an order together for 6 + units
now the question is i dont want to step on anyones tows who have arragend this ...

so let me know your thoughts
The only question I have is where did you source these from? If not from Impulse eventually... As far as I'm aware, they will not hold responsibilities for kits that aren't imported by them... so no warranty could be offered. I might be wrong and at the end of the day, it's all down to fellow members' benefit, if the kits have warranty and cheaper, then why not?!
/yes
And I've just picked up the car today, so won't be in this groupbuy... sorry...

MR.VOODOO
29-10-2005, 09:26 AM
from impulse in the uk

vampirej
29-10-2005, 07:37 PM
that's cool mate...

ghanda
29-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm in for a Kit - D2, Tein, not fussed - just want it before Christmas!

caishanvr4
30-10-2005, 12:30 AM
HOW MUCH, HOW MUCH, HOW MUCH IS THE D2 M12 MR VOODOO, COME ON DONT KEEP IT ALL TO YOURSELF./pan

MR.VOODOO
31-10-2005, 12:23 PM
i am on the case will have a answer today

i3ooyah
31-10-2005, 12:36 PM
if anyone is interested in NZ there gonna be going for $1500 for the legnum at redline performance

edit: the galant is NZ$1200

MR.VOODOO
31-10-2005, 12:39 PM
d2 number has been engaed for 1 hour still trying !

MR.VOODOO
31-10-2005, 01:51 PM
have answers

the vr4 d2 kit has a retail of £607.50 + vat

the price quoted on here is £516.38 + vat which is retail less 15 %

if we can get 6 kits orderd i can do them for £463.63 + vat inc delivery
you / we will need to get 6 or more sets to get this price

answers at last

we can do a mix of kits so if any one else wants kit for diffrent cars we can include them in the 6

hope this helps

caishanvr4
31-10-2005, 06:25 PM
As long as its the best one thats suitable for the set up of the galant im not too bothered which make it is. Tein, D2, eilbach, etc. oh yes would they need to be adjustable:inquisiti /Hmmm
By the way thats a cracking price mr voo, just stick me on the list pls:happy:

ghanda
31-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Yup, me makes 2.
What's the delivery time like?

_simon_
01-11-2005, 10:16 AM
if anyone is interested in NZ there gonna be going for $1500 for the legnum at redline performance

edit: the galant is NZ$1200
I was real keen on geting a set, but that's stink news $1500 is getting too much for me. Hopefully NZ Performance will get them in at a better price.

Caveman
02-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Put me down for a set deffo. When can we get hold of them!? I have a 99 Legnum VR4. Email me a martin_stirling@hotmail.com to confirm.

Cheers,

Mart.

MR.VOODOO
03-11-2005, 10:19 AM
i will ring d2 for availbilty today ------

Caveman
03-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Any news mate?

Cheers,

Mart.

MR.VOODOO
04-11-2005, 10:06 AM
spoke to d2 today they are out of stcok of the vr 4 coil overs
wont have stock till end dec !

if we order 6 units they will require a deposit

Caveman
04-11-2005, 11:23 AM
I am happy to leave a deposit - what about everyone else!? Come on ladies, let's get this group buy movin' - sounds like a wicked deal to me.

Mart.

ghanda
04-11-2005, 01:23 PM
I think we need a definitive answer on teh price of the D2 and Tein kits and the delivery times on both.

caishanvr4
05-11-2005, 02:09 PM
MR VOODOO :drummer:

Can you find out a price and availability and delivery times on G Force coilover suspension? These are currently on a special offer at the moment and they list the VR4'S /yes

Caveman
05-11-2005, 03:43 PM
OK, it seems we have 4 people, including me interested in the D2 kit, but we need to make a definate committment - ie. a deposit to get this moving.

Can people who are up for the D2 kit say 'I' so we can start to sort out deposits with Mr Voodoo?

Cheers,

Mart.

caishanvr4
07-11-2005, 10:54 AM
Hi all

I just found out a price for the g-force coilovers, £595 + vat, and my question to the tecs out there is how do they rate against the more common set ups?
Mr voo, whats the best price you can get.

Cheers

Caveman
11-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Guys,

What the plan with this? Has everyone lost interest - I for one am happy to go for the D2s and the good deal Mr Voodoo has put on the table.

Anyone?

M.

Louis
12-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Just so you guys know, I had to get my shocks sorted pretty quick, So I have gone ahead and purchased, and received a set of D2 coilovers from Kenny at Impulse Performance, at 10% off retail, (not the group buy cost, I also paid for express delivery from Japan, 4 days). Kenny said that he would count my purchase as one of a group buy, if you guys are still interested, so although I will not require the kit as I already have it, you can count me as part of a group buy, so you are looking for one less person if buying from Impulse Performance.
Saying that, It looks like Mr Voodoo, can supply them cheaper than Impulse even though he is getting them from him, I will let you know how fitting abd faffing goes, cheers Louis

Kieran
13-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I will let you know how fitting abd faffing goes, cheers Louis

Cool Louis - Please do. I am particularly interested in the effect on rise quality. :inquisiti

vampirej
15-11-2005, 03:08 PM
A little teaser, received this from Kenny... :evil2:

Caveman
15-11-2005, 05:07 PM
Wicked, I want!

Might just have to go and pay full price as eeveryone seems to have lost interest. :(

Shame, seemed like a good deal.

M.

vampirej
15-11-2005, 05:48 PM
You have only just picked up the car and already thinking of modding... you are mad!!! LOL... TBH, I found the suspension a little soft at the moment... will wait for Louis' test result on confort factor heehee

MR.VOODOO
15-11-2005, 10:06 PM
sorry guys
my computer is/was ****ed with a virus for the last week !!!!!!!!!!!

if we dont go for all 6 units i can still get good discount on the r.r.p

louis how much did the exprees delivey cost you ?

on another note d2 suspension is made in taiwan
by a company called
fu bu auto parts co , ltd -------------------

Louis
16-11-2005, 11:08 AM
Cost for express shipping was £96, but there was no way I could wait till the end of december!, luckily D2 Japan had a set in stock and they were out to me in 4 days, hoping to fit them next week, work permiting, cheers Louis

pezza
16-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Cost for express shipping was £96, but there was no way I could wait till the end of december!, luckily D2 Japan had a set in stock and they were out to me in 4 days, hoping to fit them next week, work permiting, cheers Louis

Nice one Louis... So what was the total outlay for the D2 package?

Looking forward to hearing what its like to install and the ride quality etc..

Will you be the 1st to pilot these on here?

:inquisiti

MR.VOODOO
16-11-2005, 05:54 PM
louis did you get them direct from d2 or did you go thew the dearler in the uk
???/

caishanvr4
16-11-2005, 06:07 PM
EERRRMr Voo, could you find out a price for g-force coilovers pls, pretty pls, pretty pretty pls

Thank you

Louis
06-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I have now fitted the D2 set up and posted some info and pics.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13851

cheers Louis

Dream Weaver
09-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Did the group buy get anywhere ?

Louis
10-03-2006, 12:24 AM
I think you could probably still get 15% off if you get 5 people together, that was the original plan from Kenny at Impulse performance. But Mr. Voodoo, can get them from Impule and give better discount!! (go figure!), cheers Louis

MR.VOODOO
10-03-2006, 10:26 AM
The bottom line is that impulse did not like the price as was selling them at but
i am shure if i order 5 sets they wont moan ,
besides if you only want on i can still do ( probably 12.4% ) discount

thnaks ian

or if not wait till june for the tein set up

Eagleton
15-04-2007, 08:11 PM
so....I want a set of D2&#180;s for my Galant VR4 -01....Who should I speak to?