PDA

View Full Version : FS UK - 2 club TRAX sessions

Jimbo
30-08-2005, 04:32 PM
As above....does anybody want to go out on track with CVR4 on Sunday?

My car has been leaking serious amounts of ATF for a week or so now and I can't get it fixed until next week at the absolute earliest.

I've ummed and ahhed over the weekend about risking TRAX with it, but I just can't see it surviving what with the apparent rate of seepage I've started getting - the car's just running like a dog at the moment. /help

Anybody interested? I'm gutted, but I'd rather somebody else get some enjoyment out of it.

bernmc
30-08-2005, 05:12 PM
Bugger Jimbo. Who're you going to get to look at the box?

Jimbo
30-08-2005, 06:52 PM
I've read about your adventure with the place in Cannock, so I'll be giving them a miss! /lol

I took it to Mitsy mid-last week and they quoted me around £400 all in if it was the torque converter seals, but they can't say for certain until they get the box out. With that being the most famous of culprits, I'm staying hopeful it's that at worse.....especially when I was quoted £2200 for a new torque converter today :o It hardly seemed worth asking whether that included VAT or not!

The silver lining is that I do have a 3rd party warranty, but it's a rather poor one and also gives me a catch-22 situation that I've been sulking about for the past week - they need a quote before they'll agree to let work proceed, but Mitsy won't quote until they've charged me £350 to get the box out and have a look.

Agreed this afternoon to let Neil and the boys at Holdcroft take it out and then ring the warranty up afterwards pretending they haven't started yet....fingers crossed.

Nick Mann
30-08-2005, 06:56 PM
Bummer.

Who's going to sprint round the track with 50 bags of sugar on the back shelf now?!

Hope you sort it soon.

Spirit
30-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Gutted for you mate :embarasse

Good luck in getting it sorted and good luck in selling the track time.

HJM
30-08-2005, 08:26 PM
What Pete said :sad2:

Simon
02-09-2005, 07:01 PM
R U still going, as i may buy your trax sessions off of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me asap :thumbsup: /yes /Steeringw /Hmmm

Jimbo
03-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Jane has my tickets so you're welcome to whatever she has left :thumbsup:

Have a great day tomorrow, hopefully see you in a weeks time if the car is ready /yes

Simon
03-09-2005, 04:28 PM
Its sorted :thumbsup: see you hopefully next week /Steeringw

Wodjno
03-09-2005, 05:14 PM
I too have 1 Trax sesh for grabs .. Drop me a line if you want it anyone .. :thumbsup: